Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by northbank123 »

BRUISE MY BANANA

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I fucking loved the Adidas kits 8) The 91 home kit was one of my favourites :barscarf:
I think we should go back to the old crest that was on the East stand at Highbury 8) it'll probably never happen but it would be utter wanking material of it ever did :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone else getting impatient for the first confirmed pics of the new kits ? Seven months to go and I am already like a junkie waiting for my next fix :oops: :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 pm
Anyone else getting impatient for the first confirmed pics of the new kits ? Seven months to go and I am already like a junkie waiting for my next fix :oops: :oops:
I was thinking about this over the weekend too Augie....great minds and all that. :wink:

Black Friday in a couple of weeks and finally the Christmas market are the last two opportunities for Puma to milk the cash cow dry. Once 2019 rolls round kits start to get discounted and in the wind down to the end of the season sales begin to fall on their arse - so basically Jan/Feb is when I think the Adidas talk will ramp up.

The Puma contract is still king at the moment because bar that 2 line announcement on the club's official Twatter there has been zero mention of Adidas anywhere across the club's other media channels (I don't even think the announcement made Arsenal.com which is incredible).

While I am looking forward to the new kits, what I want and have always wanted more than anything is the '89 away jersey so if they don't do a reissue of that I will be bitterly disappointed. If they bring that bad boy to the market I will front of the queue with my wallet in one hand and my cock in the other GAGGING for them to take my cash.

Please Adidas......PLEASE.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 am
augie wrote:
I was thinking about this over the weekend too Augie....great minds and all that. :wink:

Black Friday in a couple of weeks and finally the Christmas market are the last two opportunities for Puma to milk the cash cow dry. Once 2019 rolls round kits start to get discounted and in the wind down to the end of the season sales begin to fall on their arse - so basically Jan/Feb is when I think the Adidas talk will ramp up.

The Puma contract is still king at the moment because bar that 2 line announcement on the club's official Twatter there has been zero mention of Adidas anywhere across the club's other media channels (I don't even think the announcement made Arsenal.com which is incredible).

While I am looking forward to the new kits, what I want and have always wanted more than anything is the '89 away jersey so if they don't do a reissue of that I will be bitterly disappointed. If they bring that bad boy to the market I will front of the queue with my wallet in one hand and my cock in the other GAGGING for them to take my cash.

Rodders I’m pretty sure that the club do (or did) a re-issued version of the 89 away kit -

Found it £35 ..... knock yourself out ( so to speak) https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Mens/ ... rt/p/A9878

I still have my original one which has autographs of George, Dixon, Winterburn, Groves on it from the Anfield 89 re-union dinner (20th anniversary ) :barscarf:
Last edited by StuartL on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

on the vague topics of kits i recently purchased a long sleeve version of the 1982-83 away shirt on ebay (the notorious green & navy one) 36 years on i reckon it looks class :shock: 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
And fools seldom differ :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 am
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Rodders I’m pretty sure that the club do (or did) a re-issued version of the 89 away kit -

Found it £35 ..... knock yourself out ( so to speak) https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Mens/ ... rt/p/A9878

I still have my original one which has autographs of George, Dixon, Winterburn, Groves on it from the Anfield 89 re-union dinner (20th anniversary ) :barscarf:
Yeah I've seen that in the club shop Stuart but as it's just a knock off and not adidas it's just not for me. Give me those 3 stripes and the trefoil logo baby!

The one good thing about that jersey though is there is obviously no issue with the club selling shirts still brandishing the JVC logo so I can't see any impediment to adidas doing an official reissue with regard to trademarks etc.

The prices the '89 shirts are going for online are insane so really hope adidas pull the trigger on these, I know they have released similar era united shirts with the Sharp logo so fingers crossed.

£250 for this??? No thanks.

https://classic11.com/collections/arsen ... l-shirt-xl

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Have just seen these on instagram, supposedly our home and third shirts for next season - massively underwhelming effort from adidas if true.

I would love to just write them off as being fakes but the account that has posted them is based in Thailand and sells hooky kits and they’re normally on the ball when it comes to leaks as they get access to the prototype designs from the manufacturers.

Fingers crossed they’re wrong this time though :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

The first one is ok-ish, but the second one is shocking :ewwwww:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That blue one looks like something the fucking chavs wore a few years back.... :|

Hopefully fakes.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The red one is going in the right direction but the blue one is truly shite. A white badge on our away kit? Not sure if that is a first but off the top of my head I can only think of maybe one of the blue away kits that didn't carry the actual club badge....not sure, but a no go as far as I'm concerned.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That’s the third shirt Jock not the away (fingers crossed for a bruised banana themed creation there) no leak of that as of yet though.

They seem to be going down the road of making the crest on the third shirt the same colour as the rest of the kit - this year’s mint shirt has a mint crest, the charcoal and pink third shirt from last season had a pink crest and the navy and luminous yellow third shirt form the year before that had a luminous yellow crest.

Could be more evidence that these pics are legit :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Have just seen these on instagram, supposedly our home and third shirts for next season - massively underwhelming effort from adidas if true.

I would love to just write them off as being fakes but the account that has posted them is based in Thailand and sells hooky kits and they’re normally on the ball when it comes to leaks as they get access to the prototype designs from the manufacturers.

Fingers crossed they’re wrong this time though :cry:

The first/red one looks okay, but fuckkkk the blue one looks like a chelseachav kit NO FUCKIN' THANK-YOU :twisted: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 pm
That’s the third shirt Jock not the away (fingers crossed for a bruised banana themed creation there) no leak of that as of yet though.

They seem to be going down the road of making the crest on the third shirt the same colour as the rest of the kit - this year’s mint shirt has a mint crest, the charcoal and pink third shirt from last season had a pink crest and the navy and luminous yellow third shirt form the year before that had a luminous yellow crest.

Could be more evidence that these pics are legit :|
Tbh I actually prefer the monochrome version of our cartoon crest they use on the third strips as it does not have that fucking West Sham colour in it.

Claret? Cuntlet more like. :censored: :banghead: