Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by rodders999 »

Apologies ladies, I found myself off the grid for the past few days but thanks for all the concern none the less.

Had a bit of “business” to attend to and was left with no other choice but to power down all the devices so the giant eyeball in the sky couldn’t keep track of my movements. You can never be too careful these days with all them amateur CSI sleuths knocking about you see - don’t go pinging yourselves off any masts and you’ll be cushty, that’s my advice anyway.

Aaaaanyways 3rd kits have never really been my bag, I’ve never bought one. This one’s alright but I won’t be parting with my hard earned cash for it, that’s been saved for those sweet reissues baby, give me some of them bad boys and give me them NOW.

In a bit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hmmmm... :rubchin:

Sounds like someone had a residential stay at Masturbators Anonymous.

:D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Checked out the third top in the adidas shop yesterday. It is absolute class. By far the best top Blue/ yellow as a third kit has also seem obvious to me, since the conception of third kits, yet no one has done it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 am
Hmmmm... :rubchin:

Sounds like someone had a residential stay at Masturbators Anonymous.

:D :wink:
Sprained both his wrists he did :D

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Wasn't impressed at all on Saturday... bought a new third shirt in the World of Sport before kick-off for £60, and then they wouldn't even give me a fucking bag to put it in unless I paid them another quid. Apparently they've done away with the 10p bags purely to fleece people for as much as possible. Left a pretty bad taste in the mouth tbh, and I told them to shove it and walked out with the shirt in my hands.

It's not the quid itself, obviously, it's the principle - surely if you're spending this kind of money, the least you should get is a bag to put it in. Or at least the option between a cheaper bag and a more expensive one. What a load of shit. #ModernFootballBollocks

I do like the shirt though (hence why I bought it!) Seeing it up close, it actually reminds me of the third shirt we had in 2000/01, with Dreamcast on the front. Pretty sure we wore it at home to Valencia in the CL QF that year, maybe just for one half?

It's this one: https://i1.wp.com/footballshirtcollecti ... =960&ssl=1

augie

Post by augie »

Tried to buy one of my kids the new away jersey in large size, and several of the online outlets (inc the club's own store) had none left in large :shock: :shock:

One issue that I have come across which has seriously pissed me off, is that lack of player name options on sportsdirect and kitbag.com - basically those 2 websites offer set prices on shirts with either auba, laca, pepe, ozil and the Armenian pussy (couldn't fcuking believe that one :roll: ), but if you wanted to order a shirt with a different players name on it (for example Tierney or Ceballos), then they go back to charging you per letter and number :roll: I am paying €20 more for one of my sons shirts than the other :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm
Tried to buy one of my kids the new away jersey in large size, and several of the online outlets (inc the club's own store) had none left in large :shock: :shock:

One issue that I have come across which has seriously pissed me off, is that lack of player name options on sportsdirect and kitbag.com - basically those 2 websites offer set prices on shirts with either auba, laca, pepe, ozil and the Armenian pussy (couldn't fcuking believe that one :roll: ), but if you wanted to order a shirt with a different players name on it (for example Tierney or Ceballos), then they go back to charging you per letter and number :roll: I am paying €20 more for one of my sons shirts than the other :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
That's terrible.......having a favourite child.....shocking :shock:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Hope you're not buying one with 'Papastathopoulos' on it then. :D

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Anyone tried removing the ‘ visit Rwanda “ ? Without using a pair of scissors!!!!! Only thing stopping me buying all 3 shirts!!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Grant jones wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm
Anyone tried removing the ‘ visit Rwanda “ ? Without using a pair of scissors!!!!! Only thing stopping me buying all 3 shirts!!!!!!
It ruins the jerseys for me. So tacky looking. If anyone does discover a way to remove that shit without damaging the jersey please let me know and I'll deffo buy one then.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Why are we not wearing the yellow shirts at Anfield ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 am
Huh? Really? We're not? That's just shit. Wearing the Yellow up there has HUGE historical significance obviously. This is utter shitness from the club. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The club will have seen all the positive comments & feedback on the new kits and this is an opportunity for them to advertise the latest of the new kits in a very big world-wide shop window - Can you imagine how many people world-wide are going to be watching the game of the week-end?

What needs to be remembered that Football; especially the Premier League is a Business, football just happens to be the commodity/product they are shipping out to all us adoring fans - hence Third Kit - though gorgeous, I agree it should be the Yellow & Blue. :? :banghead:

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:08 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Huh? Really? We're not? That's just shit. Wearing the Yellow up there has HUGE historical significance obviously. This is utter shitness from the club. :roll:
Not on the official website but reported on a few other outlets..

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:08 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Who would be responsible for making that decision ?? :?