Europa League |Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal|Thursday 25/10/18 - 17:55|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Europa League |Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal|Thursday 25/10/18 - 17:55|

Post by rodders999 »

1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:26 am
Red Snapper wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm
BBC had Guendouzi as motm.
He's brilliant.
Ozil did a Q&A on twatter the other day and when asked who was the best young player at the club he answered Guendouzi who he said was a brilliant player.

Diamond eyes stuck gold with that one.

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm
Haven’t seen us closing out games with one goal leads like that for as long as I can remember.
I love the way Dicky closes out a game by throwing on more attacking players,sod defending,give a tireing opposition even more to think about!! anybody else noticed how much more running the players are doing?? emerys hard training regime is paying off,the players are full of energy and look like they could run all night something they lacked under wenger

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

What makes this run so much more astonishing is that this is the rag tag, ill disciplined, do as you please mob Wenger assembled. Dick has taken those self same players and turned them into what we are seeing now.

Wenger convinced his adoring fans that AFC was a mid table club who he had punching above our weight. I think, considering some of the dross Wenger bought, and we still have, DICK has us punching above our weight. I cannot even imagine where we would be if Wenger was still in charge of the team.

We would probably be down in the bottom 6 and helmet head would be hobbling between the sticks on crutches........

Post by 1989 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:56 am
What makes this run so much more astonishing is that this is the rag tag, ill disciplined, do as you please mob Wenger assembled. Dick has taken those self same players and turned them into what we are seeing now.

Wenger convinced his adoring fans that AFC was a mid table club who he had punching above our weight. I think, considering some of the dross Wenger bought, and we still have, DICK has us punching above our weight. I cannot even imagine where we would be if Wenger was still in charge of the team.

We would probably be down in the bottom 6 and helmet head would be hobbling between the sticks on crutches........
We defo would'nt have signed Leno and Torreira for a start. Le Fraud would have let us enter yet another season without a capable DM and a goalkeeper worthy of the name.

Dick is not only showing up Le Fraud for the utter fraud that he was, he's doing it in the shortest time possible. Hasn't even needed much 'time' to implement his style.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 am
1989 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
He's brilliant.
Ozil did a Q&A on twatter the other day and when asked who was the best young player at the club he answered Guendouzi who he said was a brilliant player.

I seen one of the rags yesterday talking about that Q & A and tried to shit stir by highlighting ozil's comment about the bernabeu being his favourite stadium, and saying that Arsenal fans werent happy with it :roll: The man played for the biggest club in world football for a number of years, so why wouldnt he say that it was his favourite stadium ? Tbh I dont give a flying fcuk what or where his favourite stadium is, nor his favourite colour, song or anything else - if he continues to play like he did against leicester, he can be a pony molestor (like our dublin mod) for all I care 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Guendozi is the most exciting young talent I have seen at the club since Vieira.
In time him and Torreira in midfield can hopefully turn us into title contenders again.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:25 am
Guendozi is the most exciting young talent I have seen at the club since Vieira.
In time him and Torreira in midfield can hopefully turn us into title contenders again.

It is a shocking indictment on the club (or me), that one of the first things that I think of when I watch guendozi running a game for us, is that we wont have him for long cos some big club will come in and whisk him away :( Once upon a time when we had young players like PV4, reyes, and even henry, I felt that nobody could prise them away cos we were one of THE biggest clubs in europe, but cos of our tendency to sell our best players to rival clubs in recent years, I worry that we will be viewed as a stepping stone club. Players like guendozi and torreira will be much sought after in the next year or two if they continue to excel, and it will be vital that the club shows ambition by not only holding onto them, but also to bring in quality players to show them that we are aiming to be the best

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:06 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 am
1989 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
He's brilliant.

I seen one of the rags yesterday talking about that Q & A and tried to shit stir by highlighting ozil's comment about the bernabeu being his favourite stadium, and saying that Arsenal fans werent happy with it :roll: The man played for the biggest club in world football for a number of years, so why wouldnt he say that it was his favourite stadium ? Tbh I dont give a flying fcuk what or where his favourite stadium is, nor his favourite colour, song or anything else - if he continues to play like he did against leicester, he can be a pony molestor (like our dublin mod) for all I care 8)
Many of us don't particularly like the 'Bowl', and if i'm honest there are quite a few better stadiums about, journalists :roll:

Post by 1989 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fabregas?

Also I reckon we've got as big a young talent as Doozi in Reiss Nelson. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

It is a shocking indictment on the club (or me), that one of the first things that I think of when I watch guendozi running a game for us, is that we wont have him for long cos some big club will come in and whisk him away :( Once upon a time when we had young players like PV4, reyes, and even henry, I felt that nobody could prise them away cos we were one of THE biggest clubs in europe, but cos of our tendency to sell our best players to rival clubs in recent years, I worry that we will be viewed as a stepping stone club. Players like guendozi and torreira will be much sought after in the next year or two if they continue to excel, and it will be vital that the club shows ambition by not only holding onto them, but also to bring in quality players to show them that we are aiming to be the best

Sadly I think that's going to be part of the club's "business model" from now on Augie. Diamond Eyes will be charged with unearthing a few gems season after season that we can then flip for massive profit down the line. He did this to great effect at Dortmund and as part of our much fabled self sustaining model the club will be looking for him to do it for us too.

Guendozi is only at the club 4 months and already his value would be multiples of the 7 million quid we paid for him.

ecgoon

Post by ecgoon »

I thought Ramsay was poor again last night. It's no good scoring a glory goal in one game and then disappearing for the next game. That's why he hasn't been offered a contract. He should be the team engine but he fades in and out

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

ecgoon wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm
I thought Ramsay was poor again last night. It's no good scoring a glory goal in one game and then disappearing for the next game. That's why he hasn't been offered a contract. He should be the team engine but he fades in and out
a lot of the bellends on bbc commentary that text in, saying how ungrateful we are for ramsey,cos a he scored that goal against fulham and he scored 2 fa cup goals.

they ignore the fact hes done naff all bar a 3rd of a season when he was outstanding,in all his years with us. yes he scored a fulham goal,so what? a lucky flick at the end of a move when your coasting...brilliant...

2 fa cup final goals,again so what,does that excuse the rest f the dross he serves up...both in those same fa cup finals and i general

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

xisstential wrote:

careful what you wish for....

but who could replace him....

remember those ? - i always said that the ex-manager bought talent, he just couldn't manage it. Dick is proving that we did have a good squad - bellerin, iwobi, wellbeck, ozil. laca all much improved.

what i like about this season is that the uncertainty is back - we might lose to Palace on Sunday, but then again we might go unbeaten until May.

11 wins on the trot is remarkable - not one draw in 11 games ? and we're getting better. this team has fight, heart, spirit and talent. who knows where we will go.

an exciting journey has begun. :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 am
xisstential wrote:

We defo would'nt have signed Leno and Torreira for a start. Le Fraud would have let us enter yet another season without a capable DM and a goalkeeper worthy of the name.

Dick is not only showing up Le Fraud for the utter fraud that he was, he's doing it in the shortest time possible. Hasn't even needed much 'time' to implement his style.
We defo wouldn't have signed Leno or Torreira mate that's for sure.You can bet your bottom dollar Flicky would be signed on 250k plus per week and Jack would still be here..I think I read somewhere Jack said he would still be a gooner if le fartpipe was still dragging us down.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

I have no problem with him saying that, he is comparing it with ashburton grove not highbury. we have yet to give our new stadium any real history of it's own. and is a pretty cookie cuttter stadium.