Europa League |Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal|Thursday 25/10/18 - 17:55|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Europa League |Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal|Thursday 25/10/18 - 17:55|

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:47 pm
1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 am
xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:56 am
What makes this run so much more astonishing is that this is the rag tag, ill disciplined, do as you please mob Wenger assembled. Dick has taken those self same players and turned them into what we are seeing now.

Wenger convinced his adoring fans that AFC was a mid table club who he had punching above our weight. I think, considering some of the dross Wenger bought, and we still have, DICK has us punching above our weight. I cannot even imagine where we would be if Wenger was still in charge of the team.

We would probably be down in the bottom 6 and helmet head would be hobbling between the sticks on crutches........
We defo would'nt have signed Leno and Torreira for a start. Le Fraud would have let us enter yet another season without a capable DM and a goalkeeper worthy of the name.

Dick is not only showing up Le Fraud for the utter fraud that he was, he's doing it in the shortest time possible. Hasn't even needed much 'time' to implement his style.
We defo wouldn't have signed Leno or Torreira mate that's for sure.You can bet your bottom dollar Flicky would be signed on 250k plus per week and Jack would still be here..I think I read somewhere Jack said he would still be a gooner if le fartpipe was still dragging us down.

It's funny isn't it, the old "be careful what you wish for" line is such a piece of shit - all we wished for is a manager who is in touch with reality and who applies a bit of a common sense approach to our football. Well we now have that kind of manager and things are a whole lot better already and pretty damn quickly too as said above. It just goes to prove that there was a quick fix option to bring things back onto the level as we all suspected....it will no doubt take longer to implement Dick's long term plan and that is fine as we will give him that time

I dread to think where we would be if le fraud was still here and as you say it's worrying to think that the status quo would be the norm with Jack and Twirly both on new contracts and our age old shortcomings still unaddressed. I also love the fact that Dick has a bit of a bawl and shout from the touchline - proper manager.