Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

Post by northbank123 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:39 pm
sky pundits not even questioning the dive but are all over lacazette's hand ball failing to mention him being held down.
Also nothing about Ayew’s Dive (which he should have been sent off for) or Wan-Bissaka’s awful dive under Atkinson’s nose at the end which went unpunished.

All of the pundits spout platitudes about cutting out diving but none of them call it out.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The overall performance was very similar to the recent Everton, Watford and Leicester (minus the purple patch) games.

Must admit I am really looking forward to the victims next week to see how we get on. I don't think it will be the sort of mugging that could easily happen under TOF but we are really going to have to be on our game. Must admit I liked having our canny old school defender on kicking lumps out of Zaha in the second half.

markyp

Post by markyp »

thought it was an odd decision to take off Ozil,in a game where we were struggling to string two passes together he is the one player you want out there to try and orchestrate a move or two.did the palace groundsman cut up the pitch before kick off to slow our passing down?? the pitch was truly awful,the ball was bobbling about all over the place,lets hope this is a kick up the arse in time for the Liverpool visit

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

markyp wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:19 pm
thought it was an odd decision to take off Ozil,in a game where we were struggling to string two passes together he is the one player you want out there to try and orchestrate a move or two.did the palace groundsman cut up the pitch before kick off to slow our passing down?? the pitch was truly awful,the ball was bobbling about all over the place,lets hope this is a kick up the arse in time for the Liverpool visit
I thought the same, but I also kind of see why he did it, Welbeck gives more energy trying to win the ball. felt like we were never in control of that game at any stage.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 pm
It appears that nobody dived in our game today - the sky pundits highlighted lacazette's handball and highlighted xhaka's positioning for the tackle, but strange that nobody mentioned that the c.unt actually dived :roll: Alex scott was the one that kept going on about xhaka's body shape whilst ignoring the dive - fcuk back into the kitchen you crunt :censored: :censored:
Exactly xhaka could not win, if he did not get close enough he would have got a shot off, he got close and the fucker went airborn before the contact, what can you do if somebody jumps into you?

overall though was shit game, and draw probably reflects it, but we could have knicked it.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

He seemed to be hobbling slightly, maybe his ankle again .

Great to see xhaka run to Dick after his wonder goal. Dick told him at HT to hit one if he gets a chance.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Also I felt like Holding had a good game, even if we played bad as whole?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Oh and not an excuse, but we just played 3 games in 6 days and the manager and the players didn't even mention it.

But I think that's why when we dominated with two goals we slacked off rather than pushing on, muscle fatigue.

Unai was disappointed post match but said we put the effort in today - and against Leicester and Sporting away in Europe.

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

Don't think Zaha's was a pen but then again we perhaps rode our luck a little with earlier decisions.

Been a tough week for us with three game, two being away and one being abroad as well. Was just one of them days today.

Three homes now if I'm not mistaken?

:barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Emery isn't in the job long so he isn't going to get every decision right, but his decisions were strange today. Firstly, as quiet a game as Aubameyang had(his goal aside), how did he go off before Lacazette(who was shit well before his fuck up that led to their 2nd goal). After taking the lead, we never had an out ball, and instead invited Palace onto us. It's also clear that the stench of Wenger won't be eradicated until the next couple of transfer windows, when the likes of Mustafi can be sent packing. Overall, had anyone said we would go on the run we did, after those opening two defeats, we would all have taken it, so im not going to be overly pissed off about us not winning today.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Oh and not an excuse, but we just played 3 games in 6 days and the manager and the players didn't even mention it.

But I think that's why when we dominated with two goals we slacked off rather than pushing on, muscle fatigue.

Unai was disappointed post match but said we put the effort in today - and against Leicester and Sporting away in Europe.

Personally I reckon that it was either a tactical decision or the players sub-consciously started dropping deeper and deeper to preserve what we had.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Had to work so didn't see or hear the game, but it doesn't surprise me this *word censored* was diving all over the place

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:29 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Personally I reckon that it was either a tactical decision or the players sub-consciously started dropping deeper and deeper to preserve what we had.
We just didn’t keep hold of the ball well enough so it kept coming back and we then started sitting in as a result. Lacazette was poor, Ramsey was off the pace when he came on and Iwobi was diabolical.

Emery’s subs have been spot on pretty much all season but agree with the comments above today.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

StanKroenke'sWig wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:50 pm
Been a tough week for us with three game, two being away and one being abroad as well. Was just one of them days today.

4 - blackpool sporting mickeys wolves then Bournemouth away.

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:03 pm
StanKroenke'sWig wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:50 pm

4 - blackpool sporting mickeys wolves then Bournemouth away.
Oh yeah forgot about Sporting. Hopefully we can go into both weekend PL games with confidence from the two midweek games.