Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

Post by northbank123 »

Lichtsteiner has been an excellent full back and I think he is a good addition to the squad. However, his legs have gone a bit and if he gets thrown in against liverpool with little cover he will be on a hiding to nothing.

Liked the way in which he dealt with Zaha. Knew he would get roasted if Zaha got one on one with space to run at him, so he just got right up his arse high up the pitch and either got a foot in or kicked him and gave away a nothing free-kick. Lucky to get away without being booked earlier but did a job considering.

Won’t be able to do that for 90 minutes against Mane though.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:36 pm
Lichtsteiner has been an excellent full back and I think he is a good addition to the squad. However, his legs have gone a bit and if he gets thrown in against liverpool with little cover he will be on a hiding to nothing.

Liked the way in which he dealt with Zaha. Knew he would get roasted if Zaha got one on one with space to run at him, so he just got right up his arse high up the pitch and either got a foot in or kicked him and gave away a nothing free-kick. Lucky to get away without being booked earlier but did a job considering.

Won’t be able to do that for 90 minutes against Mane though.

I liked the way he left one in on him late right up against the sideline and was then all apologetic about it and got away without a booking :lol: I am constantly telling my oldest lad (plays centre back) that he needs to be craftier when he clatters the opposition striker, cos refs are more lenient if you play the "I'm sorry" game :lol: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:52 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am
In these type of games I would start Welbeck ahead of Iwobi. Players always have to work a little bit harder in defending as a team. Emery would've learnt a lot from yesterday's game. Palace are a team that can always spring a surprise result against the big teams, especially when the home fans are bouncing, which they were yesterday.

Normally I would agree with that suggestion, but if he couldnt see how shit iwobi was during the match, then I dunno how much he could have learnt :roll: My god iwobi was fcuking useless......actually he was absolutely dogshite and shown up again just why so many of us dont rate him or want him near the team
I wasn't talking about our individual players in our team, more along the lines of setting up the team against a team like palace who blow hot and cold. Newcastle, west ham those type of teams who can be on a shit run of results, then pull out a performance from nowhere, then go back to being shit. It's no coincidence Ozil was "injured" for palace away last 2 seasons and we've won.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The mark of a good team is they win at home and dont lose away. Not unhappy with this result

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 am
The mark of a good team is they win at home and dont lose away. Not unhappy with this result

I am pissed as hell at the manner of it - zaha is a cheating b.astard and it seems that his blatant dive is being ignored by all and sundry :evil: :censored:

I am very angry at ozil's (and to a lesser degree bangabang's) reaction to being subbed - even if they dont realise/accept the fact that they were poor on sunday (which they were), their billy big balls attitude disgusted me and if they have a "I'm bigger than the club" attitude, then they will be a hinderance and should be fcuked off

I'm very disappointed/frustrated that emery did not recognise how shit iwobi was on sunday - making bizarre substitutions is something every manager does (look at the scum managers decisions last night for proof of that), but iwobi was absolutely horrendous on sunday and how he was left on baffles me

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:10 pm
flash gunner wrote:

I am pissed as hell at the manner of it - zaha is a cheating b.astard and it seems that his blatant dive is being ignored by all and sundry :evil: :censored:

I am very angry at ozil's (and to a lesser degree bangabang's) reaction to being subbed - even if they dont realise/accept the fact that they were poor on sunday (which they were), their billy big balls attitude disgusted me and if they have a "I'm bigger than the club" attitude, then they will be a hinderance and should be fcuked off

I'm very disappointed/frustrated that emery did not recognise how shit iwobi was on sunday - making bizarre substitutions is something every manager does (look at the scum managers decisions last night for proof of that), but iwobi was absolutely horrendous on sunday and how he was left on baffles me
Um augie that is the same shit that Sanchez pulled for his last year with us. Was it acceptable from him? I don't recall you being overly critical of him at the time.... :wink:

For the record I'd fine any player that has a hissy fit whilst being subbed.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:39 pm
augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Um augie that is the same shit that Sanchez pulled for his last year with us. Was it acceptable from him? I don't recall you being overly critical of him at the time.... :wink:

Same principle I agree, but this seems so much worse to me - last season we were an absolute mess and sanchez was playing alongside players that did not give two fcuks and it frustrated him, but this season we have been going well and playing with a renewed confidence and unity, so any player putting himself before the team now needs to get the old heave ho imo

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Still having nightmares about Mustafi tracking his man the whole way back the pitch without hauling him down in the lead up to the second penalty.

What a moron.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:54 pm
Still having nightmares about Mustafi tracking his man the whole way back the pitch without hauling him down in the lead up to the second penalty.

What a moron.
How can a bloke who has spent a few decades playing centre back and a long while as a professional football not smash the bloke there?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:39 pm
augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Same principle I agree, but this seems so much worse to me - last season we were an absolute mess and sanchez was playing alongside players that did not give two fcuks and it frustrated him, but this season we have been going well and playing with a renewed confidence and unity, so any player putting himself before the team now needs to get the old heave ho imo
I reckon Ozil was extremely frustrated to be taken off whilst the appallingly shit Comedy Iwobi was left on. For me his reaction was understandable but not excusable and he should be fined. I hope Dick at least gave him an earful.

Tbh I think it's the first really bad decision Dick has made. We lost our potential out ball when Ozil went off. We slowly creeped further onto our back foot after that and invited them on. Even though Ozil was poor he always has that calmness to get the ball out of the final third and retain possession and we lacked that with a tired Torriera and Dozer and a shit Comedy Iwobi late on. And when the Welsh Messi-Lite came on we were on a hiding to nothing really as far as sensible intelligent football goes.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Old Oak Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:48 pm
No one loves Dick more than me, :gayflag: :gayflag: :gayflag: :gayflag: however putting Xhaka at left back and up against that diving c--t , was something the last manager would have done, that how can the referee not see it was a Swan Lake move of embarrassment- f--k Zaha and remember this sunshine you will never play for The Arsenal.

Dick still in! :barscarf: