Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

Post by markyp »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:30 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:25 pm
Aubameyang once again offers nothing as a starter,ive not been overly impressed with him since he joined despite his impressive goals return which I might add have been mostly meaningless tap ins,welbeck should be starting over him right now,shit first half,mustafi is a twat I hope we see the back off very soon,come Arsenal wake the fuck up
You have not been impressed with Aubameyang???
Probably one of the best goal scoring records after 20 Arsenal appearances in the history of the club.
his early season form was dog shite,you cant deny it,and what did he do today?yes he got the goal but he did nothing at all for the rest of the game,people bang on about ozil being lazy but how aubameyang gets away with it is beyond me,where is the explosive player we bought?? sofar its been tap in after tap in with nothing in between,id have rather have still had sanchez

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fucking robbed.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Fair result in the end. Sad that the winning streak is over but it was always going to happen.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We were shit today, play like that against Liverpool and we will get fucked up (and not in a good way).

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Disappointing not to win. Poor performance overall but we would have lost that game last year. Emery has to learn lessons. Xhaka is no good at left back and by playing Iwobi, Ozil and PEA as midfielders he actually left us short in the middle as it ended up Torreira and Dozy against 3 or 4 Palace a lot of the time. Arsenal's main weakness is not at CB (even with Mustafi) it's the full back areas.

augie

Post by augie »

There can be no doubt that we were cheated BUT......

iwobi is a useless fat lazy crunt
ozil can fcuk right off if he thinks that he entitled to throw the dummy out of the pram like that - only iwobi was worse than him
the old swiss right full was a big upgrade on bellend
geundouzi was poor with the ball today
bangbang did not play at all well today

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We had several chances to take a yellow card once Lacazette pissed away possession in the build up to the cheating scum taking a dive. I was screaming Mustafi to pull him down in midfield as palace were advancing.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Interesting stat from Radio 5; from his last 6 shots Auba has scored 6 goals.

World class

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Disappointing not to win. Poor performance overall but we would have lost that game last year. Emery has to learn lessons. Xhaka is no good at left back and by playing Iwobi, Ozil and PEA as midfielders he actually left us short in the middle as it ended up Torreira and Dozy against 3 or 4 Palace a lot of the time. Arsenal's main weakness is not at CB (even with Mustafi) it's the full back areas.
This.

We had far too many passengers today. Make no mistake about it Unai will learn plenty from this. Hopefully Monreal and Kolasinac are back for the Liverpool game.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'll take a point. dreadful performance where we seemed to lose all ability to pass a ball so a points a bonus.

The equaliser pissed me off though. not xakha but the suicidal pass by lacazette and Mustafi not taking the forward down when he had the chance.

oh well. onwards and upwards .

augie

Post by augie »

It appears that nobody dived in our game today - the sky pundits highlighted lacazette's handball and highlighted xhaka's positioning for the tackle, but strange that nobody mentioned that the c.unt actually dived :roll: Alex scott was the one that kept going on about xhaka's body shape whilst ignoring the dive - fcuk back into the kitchen you crunt :censored: :censored:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

sky pundits not even questioning the dive but are all over lacazette's hand ball failing to mention him being held down.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

More pissed off with the shit refereeing and them being cheating scum than I am with our shit performance, would have felt the opposite in recent seasons.

Could be the start of a bad run with the games coming up but more confident that we'll come out the other side having learnt from it than I was under the previous manager.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Xhaka pulled his leg back before zaha went over. Diving git.

I'll not bollock xhaka for that - he's our 4th choice left back, asked to do a job for a patched up back four with kos, nacho, kola etc etc all out.

Laca, PEA and Ozil were too deep for most of the game, ozil needs players in front of him to pass and move to,

Iwobi, dozer and torreira gave the ball away too much but were great at breaking up their play, and mustafi and holding made some vital tackles.

I'm disappointed with the draw but with a patched up back four we ran out of luck.

And if that was handball, then that shirt dragging back was a rock solid penalty.

Still unbeaten in 12 :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Difference today was that we retained the ball so badly in the last 20 minutes and sat back too much. In past games we have picked teams off but the quality was missing today. Lacazette looked sluggish, Ramsey was wayward when he came on and Iwobi had a stinker.

Iwobi was dire. Mustafi cost us the first goal and awful decision-making not to take a yellow in the build-up to the second (like Guendouzi did at the end). Bellerin was piss-poor and did his best to give away a goal by sloppily giving the ball away on the edge of the box and then getting done all ends up by a one-two. Xhaka isn’t a left back and great hit for the free kick, but still shouldn’t be getting skinned like that and clumsily sticking a leg out.

It’s the same players week on week.