Mickeys Home 03/11/18 5.30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Mickeys Home 03/11/18 5.30pm

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 pm
Ffs when are we going to get a proper fucking goalkeeper :roll:
He might be a better footballer than Cech and he’s made plenty of good saves but Leno has made plenty of fuck ups in a short space of time.

Flapping against Leicester when they hit the bar, flapping at Palace before the first penalty, flapping for van Dijk’s header and flapping for the goal.

The reality is that £25m is not a lot of money for a young keeper today and it looks like we’ve got what we paid for.

Can I just say that I remember when de gea joined manure first he was being written off by all and sundry, and now he is without doubt the best keeper in the world - I had seen de gea many times before he joined them c.unts so I knew he was a good keeper then, and I seen next to nothing of leno before he joined us, but I am reserving judgement on him until he has been here long enough to acclimatise. It should also be said that the victims keeper palmed out a similar cross in the first half in an almost identical way to what leno did, but he wasnt punished for it - thats not me saying leno wasnt at fault for their goal because I think that both keepers looked shit on these occasions

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Iwobi was brilliant off the bench today. Had Alexander-Arnold's number as soon as he came on. Deserves plenty of credit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:34 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:29 pm
Feels like a loss
Not for me it doesn't. Once Milner scored I thought that was the end of the our unbeaten run.
But that's Old Thinking mate - We have a Proper Coach who "Knows" tactics....

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

feels like a win for me. thought we played well on the whole and not losing was so important.

onwards and upwards 8)

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Our front 2 were shocking though - I know laca got the goal (a great run and finish tbf), but his effort (or lack thereof) up to that point was shocking.
Lee Dixon gave Laca MOTM . he was playing deep most of the match.

Watch the match back again later, and see just how many times we crossed or looked to cross the ball into dangerous area's, and neither lacazette not bangabang were there :roll: In my experience football hasnt changed that much that a centre forward is now no longer expected to make a run across the front post, and nor is your wide player expected to not bother coming in at the back post. Both were lazy and had suspect attitudes imo

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

City and dare I say it, the Chavs are way above the bindippers' level.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Imagine if we had an electric winger with pace and skill, we'd have done these lot.
We will have.....his currently destroying the Bundesliga 8)

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Feels like a draw for me :| :wink:

Very good performance against a decent side. Something we haven't seen for quite some time. Once the game started I never thought we'd lose even when they scored.

Good to send the German tramp and his band of thieving dole scroungers back to their shithole without the three points.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I feared the worst when they scored,happy with the point at the end up.14 unbeaten with 12 wins and 2 draws UNAI EMERY'S RED N WHITE ARMY :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

Agree with Augie I thought Laca and Auba were poor today.Good performance by the defence and midfield with Holding being outstanding.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm
City and dare I say it, the Chavs are way above the bindippers' level.
Either that or we just made them look ordinary today - klopp changed his formation twice, mainly down to our hard work, tracking back and tackling whilst we were always a threat.

As Augie said, we forced their keeper into two errors too, that header from Miti should have gone in and we had a goal disallowed too.

I feel confident we will beat Chelsea by keeping Hazard quiet, and City just lost Debruyne for another six weeks so he might not play against us in February.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 pm
Feels like a draw for me :| :wink:

Very good performance against a decent side. Something we haven't seen for quite some time. Once the game started I never thought we'd lose even when they scored.

Good to send the German tramp and his band of thieving dole scroungers back to their shithole without the three points.

Hear , hear. Them and the scum; both vile, horrific clubs with vile, horrific supporters. As much as the press are wanking themselves mad about them, the murdering bindippers have played City, the chavs and us and drawn all three. That's not title winning performances, that's second or third. Give us a year and we'll be way above their level.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dick only 50% happy. He wanted the win,

He said the higher performance was partly due to the team being pushed on by the fans. Which is nice.

markyp

Post by markyp »

no complaints from me at all tonight,the players ran their socks off and gave it everything,to get level against Liverpool shows Emerys hard work ethic is paying off,we looked organised,held our shape when defending and were breath taking at times going forward.im not getting the Leno bashing either,he has made some worldy saves for us,he cost just 25m, look how much Allison cost Liverpool and the howlers hes had including tonight.not sure of the point in playing Rambo,his heart isn't in it now and you cant blame him knowing he is just passing through this season,as for iwobi he was again outstanding when he came on,when hes like that hes unplayable,and welbeck has to be tied down to a new contract,to have him as an option off the bench is such a bonus,Liverpool shit themselves when he came on and his presence helped get us the goal.once again Emerys subs did the business.its nice to see our Arsenal again :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Xhaka’s best game in an Arsenal shirt for me. Him and Torreira ran amok against their midfield 3. Won everything back and choked the service to their front three.

Holding was excellent too. Put his body on the line and looks to be making fewer naive mistakes week by week. When Sokratis is fully fit surely we have to drop Mustafi.

Thought that a lot of good chances broke down at Mkhitaryan. I’m just not sold on the bloke at all.