Glenn Hoddle ,any shits given ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: Glenn Hoddle ,any shits given ?

Post by shu »

My mate had a son who was disabled , he got stick off other kids because of what Hoddle said

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Might be going against the grain here but growing up he was my favourite English player, and the first thing I thought of was seeing him in an Arsenal shirt at Paul Merson's testimonial.
As a player, majestic, as a manager arrogant but should've stayed in charge of England and he would've developed that team better than Keegan. As a pundit he's one the last remaining ex-players who still refer to us as The Arsenal, old fashioned yet respectful. Despite his allegiance to wenger, he was banging the wenger out drum subtly before it was mainstream.

Going back to Merson's testimonial, probably the best testimonial ever, The Arsenal starting line up was dreamland really;

Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Hoddle, Linighan, Adams, Platt, Gascoigne, Merson, Bergkamp, Wright.

Imagine that as a league team in 1995/96??
The international eleven wasn't too bad either ray wilkins, matt le tissier, ruud guillet, kanchelskis, blic, o'leary, rix, Charlie Nicholas, chris waddle and the mighty eoin jess!!!
Final score 8-5 Gazza scored 4 times for Arsenal. I went with a spuds season ticket holder and he was disgusted at Hoddle and Gazza wearing the read and white, which made it all the more funnier. He was booing them, so funny.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

wibble wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 pm
I often think I'd choose a decent home entertainment system over my wife.
:lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Don't mind the bloke. Great player, class England manager. Hope he pulls through.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:42 am
Might be going against the grain here but growing up he was my favourite English player, and the first thing I thought of was seeing him in an Arsenal shirt at Paul Merson's testimonial.
As a player, majestic, as a manager arrogant but should've stayed in charge of England and he would've developed that team better than Keegan. As a pundit he's one the last remaining ex-players who still refer to us as The Arsenal, old fashioned yet respectful. Despite his allegiance to wenger, he was banging the wenger out drum subtly before it was mainstream.

Going back to Merson's testimonial, probably the best testimonial ever, The Arsenal starting line up was dreamland really;

Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Hoddle, Linighan, Adams, Platt, Gascoigne, Merson, Bergkamp, Wright.

Imagine that as a league team in 1995/96??
The international eleven wasn't too bad either ray wilkins, matt le tissier, ruud guillet, kanchelskis, blic, o'leary, rix, Charlie Nicholas, chris waddle and the mighty eoin jess!!!
Final score 8-5 Gazza scored 4 times for Arsenal. I went with a spuds season ticket holder and he was disgusted at Hoddle and Gazza wearing the read and white, which made it all the more funnier. He was booing them, so funny.
You know I've always had my doubts about you....

:wink: