Europa League |Arsenal vs Sporting Lisbon|Thursday 08/11/18 - 20:00|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Europa League |Arsenal vs Sporting Lisbon|Thursday 08/11/18 - 20:00|

Post by rodders999 »

Sir Flicks-A-Lot stinking the place up. He’s now in full blown stiff mode.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 pm
Don't think i've ever seen a player go towards his own half so much with the ball under his control :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 pm
Agreed. Was going to post about how frustrating Mkhitaryan is before realising that Ramsey has been on the pitch the entire game.

Fucking disgraceful.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Cash in on the useless fucker in January

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well that was......shit.

The crossing tonight was fucking horrendous but of course irony of ironys the one decent cross we did put in resulted in the Welbeck injury. I bet he’s wishing that one sailed miles out of play like every other one.

We needed creativity from the likes of Mikhi and Ramsey but both were absolute shit, Iwobi at least tried but his end ball was toilet and the rest were average at best.

A violation of 90 minutes.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 pm
Well that was......shit.

The crossing tonight was fucking horrendous but of course irony of ironys the one decent cross we did put in resulted in the Welbeck injury. I bet he’s wishing that one sailed miles out of play like every other one.

We needed creativity from the likes of Mikhi and Ramsey but both were absolute shit, Iwobi at least tried but his end ball was toilet and the rest were average at best.

A violation of 90 minutes.
I thought Emile did ok but his lack of experience showed at times.... especially giving the ball to Ramsey, Mhiki or Iwobi :roll:

I think the injury to Danny upset our rhythm badly, the look on some of the players faces when it happened said everything. But it was a poor performance and it shows our second string needs a lot more work

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Qualified for the knock outs with 2 games to spare so we can send the stiffs to Ukraine 8)
Keep our strongest 11 fresh for the scum the Sunday after match day 5.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I agree the crossing was useless tonight. Too many sailed out for goal kicks without giving anyone in the middle a chance to get on the end of it. Dozi & Holding did OK. Was looking forward to seeing 'Eddy' again tonight. Can we bring back Nelson from Germany early ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Get well soon Danny

Post by 1989 »

Horrific injury. Hope that wasn't his last appreance for us and recovers soon.

rodders999

Re: Get well soon Danny

Post by rodders999 »

Contract up at the end of the season with zero talk of a renewal on the table so you would have to assume that’s that. Picking up really bad injuries from completely innocuous situations is his forte sadly, hopefully he can get himself back playing somewhere else next season.

All the best.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Job done and that is the only positive on a bad night.

Poor Welbeck. He ain't a top striker but he is what we used to call a good honest pro. Works hard never in the press on the piss or moaning about not being first choice. It looked like a break and dislocation which is hard to come back from and can be a career ender. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Never rated him but always liked him.

As for the game.... awful performance. We created next to nothing of any real quality from the midfield and our crossing was pure toilet. Mickey Tarragon at least tried to get us on the front foot but Comedy Iwobi and the Welsh Messi-Lite were simply appalling, continually just pissing possession away needlessly. As I predicted we were total toilet in midfield and against a better team we would have been shredded. European football is all about ball retention and we could not do that last night. A couple of nice cameos from Smith-Rowe aside we were utter gash in the middle. A nil all home draw against the European equivalent of Middlesbrough is nothing to be happy about tbh but as I said it's job done.

Also nice to see Nani is still a diving cheating injury-feigning cùnt.

DB10GOONER

Re: Get well soon Danny

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry 1989 mate this is well covered in the match thread and would be just repeating all the stuff said there. Merging it.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Christ, I really feel for Welbz. Hopefully he’ll bounce back stronger than ever... playing somewhere else. Nothing against him, nothing at all but...

As for the game, that was maybe our worst performance of the season. I can’t understand wtf some people see in Ramsey. He is useless, totally and utterly shit. Average at best, totally toilet at worst. Sell sell sell sell sell in January if by some miracle someone wants to pay anything and I mean anything.

Overall this season has been wonderful so far, I’ve enjoyed every moment of it thus far. Yeasterday was bad but we’ll move forward.

augie

Post by augie »

There can be no doubt that this game easily qualifies for falkirks "game will be a pile of shite" grading :roll: :oops: :oops:

Of course wellbeck's injury disrupted our players rythem and had some affect on them personally, but that still doesnt excuse the poor performances in the game. Iwobi was utter shite and ramsey was nearly as bad :evil: I was very disappointed in smith-rowe cos I thought that he looked lazy and cocky and simply did not work hard enough (especially to find spaces for himself).

The dozy was clear motm, but our 2 centre backs were solid too. I like leicsteneir and I like the way he has no qualms about leaving one in late on the likes of nani and zaha, but I do worry that he is gonna be a walking yellow card attraction, and miss games through suspension.

I've said it before but I will say it again, we need a new young left back (tierney of celtiic please) - I will make allowances for jenkinson playing out of position there, but I dunno what excuse you can use for kolasniac. If he is the answer then I shudder to think what the question is - he looks brainless and slow, and his "skill assets" seem to only be running around like a bull in a china shop and knocking over anyone in his way, and in which case he should consider changing to rugby or gaelic football :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:29 am
There can be no doubt that this game easily qualifies for falkirks "game will be a pile of shite" grading :roll: :oops: :oops:

Of course wellbeck's injury disrupted our players rythem and had some affect on them personally, but that still doesnt excuse the poor performances in the game. Iwobi was utter shite and ramsey was nearly as bad :evil: I was very disappointed in smith-rowe cos I thought that he looked lazy and cocky and simply did not work hard enough (especially to find spaces for himself).

The dozy was clear motm, but our 2 centre backs were solid too. I like leicsteneir and I like the way he has no qualms about leaving one in late on the likes of nani and zaha, but I do worry that he is gonna be a walking yellow card attraction, and miss games through suspension.

I've said it before but I will say it again, we need a new young left back (tierney of celtiic please) - I will make allowances for jenkinson playing out of position there, but I dunno what excuse you can use for kolasniac. If he is the answer then I shudder to think what the question is - he looks brainless and slow, and his "skill assets" seem to only be running around like a bull in a china shop and knocking over anyone in his way, and in which case he should consider changing to rugby or gaelic football :roll:
He's not fat enough, slow enough, or indeed gay enough to play rugby. :D

Does look inbred enough to play Gaelic Football though. :wink: