Wolves (H) Sunday 11/11 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Wolves (H) Sunday 11/11 @ 16:30

Post by goonersid »

Shit result against a poor side, teams above us won’t slip up at home to dross like this!
This result which could have been worse has been coming, you cannot give teams in this league a head start every week and assume you can turn it around!!
Whether it’s players and the manager believing their own press? I don’t know! But it needs to be sorted quickly !!
This was a wengerlike performance today!!
And I’m fucking well pissed off :evil:

markyp

Post by markyp »

billy big bollox syndrome today,just turn up and we will win attitude,i thought emery had eradicated that,obviously not entirely,so slow and pedestrian,i will say it again what does Aubameyang do?? we need to wake the fuck up and soon

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Well then Dick. Time to earn your money. Things going a bit off the boil and need to change before Bournemouth and the Scum

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Shit result against a poor side, teams above us won’t slip up at home to dross like this!
This result which could have been worse has been coming, you cannot give teams in this league a head start every week and assume you can turn it around!!
Whether it’s players and the manager believing their own press? I don’t know! But it needs to be sorted quickly !!
This was a wengerlike performance today!!
And I’m fucking well pissed off :evil:
You've every right to be extremely pi**ed off! However Wolves made the advantage on us in the 1st Half no doubt about that!
We were slow beyond doubt, but under Wenger we could of been 0-2 or worse by half time.

Give it time, there will be a few more games like this, it will take 2-3 seasons to adapt the culture within the club.

We didn't loose at least! :) :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We cannot and must not keep doing this - eventually the 'luck' of the last minute goal syndrome will run out.

We came out of the blocks against the victims and it worked, so why not every week ? If we do this against the scum we will get shafted Big Time :cry:

Leno is Different Gravy.

Come on Unai sort the fuckers out, maybe if he dropped all the starlets and played the youngsters they might get the message. :| The scum are 3 points ahead. :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Mystic Augie and his spot on prediction about how it would go. As for my 4/6 fill yer boots? Erm......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For those feeling disappointed in today's performance and result and rightly so. Take some time out and watch this, reminisce and enjoy yourself.

phpBB [video]

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Fucking LEGEND!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

A result and 90-minute performance like this has been coming. We can't keep starting every game appallingly and hoping that we ride our luck enough to hold on and then turn up in the second half. The only game where we haven't done that is Liverpool - where we would have been 2 or 3 down had we been that poor in the first half - which indicates that clearly it is largely a mental issue.

Our shape is absolutely not right. Playing Aubameyang on the wing just doesn't work - he is a brilliant goalscorer but a fairly average footballer, so getting him on the ball 40 yards out on the touchline is a waste of time. You also look at our bench and it's massively uninspiring.

We all knew it would be a long project and one unspectacular transfer window was never going to be enough to sort it out, and the positives massively outweigh the negatives at this point for me. That said, Dick needs to sort out this nonsense of not turning up for the first 30-60 minutes. We are lucky to have as many points as we do frankly.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We never got going today, that's why we looked slow and jaded. TBH Wolves were very organised defensively and did everything right for a team playing away from home. If they'd taken their chances we would've lost for sure. I think we were very lucky to get a point today.

augie

Post by augie »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:31 pm
Mystic Augie and his spot on prediction about how it would go. As for my 4/6 fill yer boots? Erm......

Thank you, thank you, thank you 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink: :lol: :lol:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Read a stat on the bbc that since making his debut, Xhaka has made 5 mistakes that have directly led to the opposition scoring, that’s more than any other player in the league in that timeframe.

Only surprising thing about that stat is that it’s only 5!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Credit to wolves btw. They're a long way from the dour and limited side they were last time they were in this league under professional Yorkshire irishman McCarthy

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We were shite and the game was a pile of shite :|
3 draws on the bounce in the league and 4 from 5 in all comps.We are still unbeaten but we're stuttering badly,big games after the interlull which for once has come at a good time.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

wibble wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm
Read a stat on the bbc that since making his debut, Xhaka has made 5 mistakes that have directly led to the opposition scoring, that’s more than any other player in the league in that timeframe.

Only surprising thing about that stat is that it’s only 5!
To be fair in that whole time he has had a handful of good games and scored 2-3 goals and had only about 40 games where he has meandered about and watched the game pass him by.

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

Just back in from the match (long ol' trek back).

Very poor today and I did think it was going to be the end of the unbeaten run. Was something absolutely wrong with Kolasinac today, either he's not fit or just had an absolute minger of a game. He wasn't even trying to get back at some points

Leno got us that draw. Bellerin was alright to be fair. We created absolutely fuck all through the middle, it all went down the flanks (and favoured that left side all first half for some reason).

Anyway, good not to lose going into the international break. Onwards Gooner's.