Ballmouth (A) 25/11 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: Ballmouth (A) 25/11 @ 13:30

Post by SydneyGooner »

Never in doubt. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolutely fucking criminal at the end there. Goalkeeper punts the free kick long, we don’t win the header and then their player is completely free at the edge of the box from the knock down. How the fuck has he that much space with seconds to go?

So unnecessary.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We were lucky and it in no way papers over the massive cracks still present in team, players and to a lesser degree the coaching staff. :rubchin:

Onwards and upwards but i am truly dreading the swamp dwellers as i fear we are far too disorganised to get a result from those cnuts :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Got over the line just.

That's what Boomerang is there for goalscorer out and out :barscarf:

The Armenian Mr Bean how the fuck did he stay on the pitch for the whole game was a liability.

Torreira my motm we looked very shaky when he went off.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Yes we rode our luck at times but we had lots of opportunities where it was rank bad weight of pass and options when we just selected the wrong option.

Massive work needed on the team but we know that.

Our defense of course is a massive weakness but the amount of times today and this and the last seasons teams are breaking easily on us and just common sense game management some players will never get it,usual suspects.

Post by 1989 »

Leno is the best keeper we've had since Lehmann.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm happy we won today, but that was fucking shocking. Firstly, i don't know what the game plan is, but we create very little throughout the game, and that's been the case in the last few games. The game management is non- existent, at the end of the 1st half, we decide to over commit in attack, and leave huge gaps for them to counter on us, and at the end of the game, we piss away possession to allow them two free kicks(one of them on the edge of the box). Also, did Emery watch Mkhitaryan's shitness for that long, and not think, maybe he needs to go, that's Wenger levels of bad. Again, delighted we won, but we look like a car crash waiting to happen.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:49 pm
I'm happy we won today, but that was fucking shocking. Firstly, i don't know what the game plan is, but we create very little throughout the game, and that's been the case in the last few games. The game management is non- existent, at the end of the 1st half, we decide to over commit in attack, and leave huge gaps for them to counter on us, and at the end of the game, we piss away possession to allow them two free kicks(one of them on the edge of the box). Also, did Emery watch Mkhitaryan's shitness for that long, and not think, maybe he needs to go, that's Wenger levels of bad. Again, delighted we won, but we look like a car crash waiting to happen.

100% agree

1. Wtf was the change in formation meant to cure ?? :? We neither created nor defended any better with it, so I'm wondering if he felt it was forced on him due to a lack of defenders (not one defender on the bench :shock: ).

2. How in gods name did he look at mikki for the full game and not sub him ?? He was fcuking attrocious and still lacks guts. I have continually said that he is not good enough, and Idont envisage that changing anytime soon

3. As bad as mikki was, I think that iwobi was even worse :roll: He must think that he is the nigerian ronaldo when he keeps trying those stepovers, but the reality is that he looks like an elephant in high heels :oops: He doesnt make any effort to track runs - yes he makes it look like he is chasing back, but the fat lazy c.unt is just jogging back and swinging his arms trying to make it look like he is working hard :evil: :censored: In mikki's defence he made effort on occasions to get back into some semblence of a team shape, and even if he never wins a tackle, at least he is there filling a space. Iwobi's contribution to their goal was a fcuking disgrace :cussing: :cussing:

4. On the subject of their goal, bellerin needs to be torn a new arsehole at the next team meeting - his lack of effort was plain to see to everybody, to the point that even jamie redknapp went on about it at half time :roll:

For me it is very hard to pick a motm today cos even the usually dependable players made mistakes - torreira was shockingly sloppy in possession for a while, and after getting booked for getting too tight and dragging his attacker down (a woefully soft yellow card btw), sokratis did the same thing in the second half and it could have cost us.
Mustafi should be sponsored by the ambulance service cos he is always an accident waiting to happen (even my 13 year old was going on about his going to ground in every challenge :roll: )

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We seem to have lost focus since the mousers game, so its up to emery to sort this out ! and quickly otherwise we will get turned over by the scum!!
Still though we’d have lost this game last season so there is still some grit being installed! with the exception of the watery armenian! Honestly he’d get bullied out in a wpl game ! he’s a cowardly bastard!

Post by 1989 »

Augie,

To be fair to Iwobi, his vision and weighted pass created our winner. I don't know how you have lambasted him yet credited the godawful Mkhitaryan for "making effort on occasions".

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:45 pm
Augie,

To be fair to Iwobi, his vision and weighted pass created our winner. I don't know how you have lambasted him yet credited the godawful Mkhitaryan for "making effort on occasions".

Because as shit as mikki was (and he was fcuking awful), he made an effort defensively whilst that other lard arse c.unt made fcuk all effort to get back at any stage of the match :roll:

markyp

Post by markyp »

dreadful dreadful performance,i thought the wenger era was over but apparently not,the last few games weve looked short in every department,so many passengers today,bellerin not giving a fuck to get back for bournemouths goal is typical of him,i shouted at the telly as he trotted back and there you go BOOM 1-1! 3 much needed points but ffs im not looking forward to next week

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm
1989 wrote:
Augie,

Because as shit as mikki was (and he was fcuking awful), he made an effort defensively whilst that other lard arse c.unt made fcuk all effort to get back at any stage of the match :roll:
Brilliant pass aside I thought iwobi and mikki were shit, and as much as it pissed me off, I can't blame Iwobi losing a ball on thier penalty spot for conceeding, I blame him for being a prick and breaking down the move, but not the goal, a blocked shot could have caused the same thing, it was the team attacking "Wenger like" in the last minute of the first half that did us in there i think.

I don't see anything better in this performance though from the last one. we won but could just as easy lost or drew. :(

I am not sure who gets any credit in this game, which is strange because we won :oops: the keeper was good bar a few shanked kicks into the crowd. bangabang was out of touch alot of the game but kept making runs at least.

I do see an improvment over the Wenger side of last season, I am not seeing an improvement of the Dick team since 3 months ago (bar the liverpool game) :?:

if we had lost to liverpool and turned over palace and wolves it would make more sense where are team is.

my theory is that carrying mikki and xhaka in a team that lakka a dissaprin in wingbacks is causing this, one step forward..two step back, that and mustafi being dogshit.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We need to learn how to stop teams when they counter attack as Bournemouth highlighted how bad we are in this area today.
Pleased with the win of course but not confident about facing any team that's half decent.

C'mon Mr Emery, have a hard look at our defence.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm
1989 wrote:
Augie,

What I'm trying to say is you're having a go at Iwobi who actually made a significant contribution to us winning the game yet going easy on Mkhi who was below even Sunday league level. Seems quite bizarre to me. Why are you lauding Mkhi's effort (what effort btw? :lol:) but failing to highlight Iwobi's key pass that led to our winner for example? I'm not saying Iwobi was world class, but if you're gonna give Mkhi props for "making effort on occassions" despite his utter shitness then surely you could also mention the positive things Iwobi did too.