scum annihilation (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: scum annihilation (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am
Regardless of his motives for saying it, I still cant disagree with him :(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-selfie/
As someone who follows the majority of our players on social media and especially instagram where all these were taken from I actually don't have an issue with it. Like it or not that's just the world we live in these days, the players aren't just posting the odd picture or video here and there after a victory they pretty much document their entire day online. They post pics and videos of themselves in the car on the way to training, while at training, after training and then when at home that evening. I could tell you who won a game of table tennis between Mustafi and El Neny this morning (Mustafi), who bought a watch yesterday (Iwobi) - I could nearly tell you what they each had for dinner last night.

So them posting a pic in the dressing after a win is no real biggie, they don't suddenly think they're a cross between the Invincibles and the Harlem Globetrotters - they're just conditioned to document the majority of their day online...every day.

Young'uns eh?

Post by 1989 »

Funny how he wants us to be respectful when that inbred Dier was celebrating by giving it large in front of the north bank, telling the fans to shush.

Also, “Obviously if you win a trophy like I did when I was a player, it is time to celebrate".

Not as a manager though you bitter cu nt. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:27 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am
Regardless of his motives for saying it, I still cant disagree with him :(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-selfie/
As someone who follows the majority of our players on social media and especially instagram where all these were taken from I actually don't have an issue with it. Like it or not that's just the world we live in these days, the players aren't just posting the odd picture or video here and there after a victory they pretty much document their entire day online. They post pics and videos of themselves in the car on the way to training, while at training, after training and then when at home that evening. I could tell you who won a game of table tennis between Mustafi and El Neny this morning (Mustafi), who bought a watch yesterday (Iwobi) - I could nearly tell you what they each had for dinner last night.

So them posting a pic in the dressing after a win is no real biggie, they don't suddenly think they're a cross between the Invincibles and the Harlem Globetrotters - they're just conditioned to document the majority of their day online...every day.

Young'uns eh?

I agree with much of what you saying about every little detail being posted online these days, but as an old stager it pisses me off - celebrating on the pitch with the fans (and even with the fans outside like the dozi did) is one thing cos it is spur of the moment (no pun intended), but setting up in the dressing room and getting a camera/phone to take a photo seems a bit rehearsed and a bit small time if I'm honest. We have rightly slated the players in the past for taking a group photo after the game in geordieland when we sneaked into 4th place, and at the time we all agreed that The Arsenal should be aiming higher than that - for me that is still the same thought process.
As I said already, I absolutely loved the passion shown by the players on the pitch during and after the game, and long may that last

Btw, do you seriously follow all the players on social media ?? :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:18 pm
Funny how he wants us to be respectful when that inbred Dier was celebrating by giving it large in front of the north bank, telling the fans to shush.

Also, “Obviously if you win a trophy like I did when I was a player, it is time to celebrate".

Not as a manager though you bitter cu nt. :roll:

No different than bangabang giving it large in front of their fans after the first goal 8)

As I say, on the pitch passion as commendable to me

Post by 1989 »

Auba didn't cross the line with it like Dier did.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:21 pm
Btw, do you seriously follow all the players on social media ?? :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Yes :lol:

It's actually quite enjoyable (not sad at all honest :wink: ) as you get to see the goings on inside the dressing room, at the training ground and even when they get up too when they are at home (ok that bit is pretty sad to be fair).

It's nice to get a peek behind the scenes as before all that sort of stuff was off limits to us mere fans. I actually think clubs will start to crack down on some of it because there are times we can be debating on here about who's in the squad for a game or if a player will be fit to play or what poor sods have been forced to board a plane for a Europa League game in the back arse of nowhere and anyone who follows the players on social media will know the answers to those questions well before the club officially announces it because the players will have already plastered pictures of themselves all over social media of them travelling/training etc.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Sorry but Dier, even if he is a prick, is entitled to give it the big un after scoring, he is scum so it's all part of the deal. It makes it even sweeter when the cu.nt fucks up by providing Laca with an assist and missing Torreira as he went through for the fourth. It also helped to wind the crowd up even more during the game and the atmosphere inside the place was as good as we've had for many a year. Don't forget that it cuts both ways....Rambo scoring at the swamp a couple of years ago shssh'd the spud fans and Podi ended up in the crowd one year. As for the stick and abuse that Wrighty gave them over the years.....brilliant!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:shock:

Oh Jesus I've just realised rodders is really some fat unemployed bird from Dagenham called "Sharon".

It's like finding out God is a tottnumb fan... :cry:

:wink:

Post by 1989 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:17 pm
1989 wrote:

Sorry but Dier, even if he is a prick, is entitled to give it the big un after scoring, he is scum so it's all part of the deal. It makes it even sweeter when the cu.nt fucks up by providing Laca with an assist and missing Torreira as he went through for the fourth. It also helped to wind the crowd up even more during the game and the atmosphere inside the place was as good as we've had for many a year. Don't forget that it cuts both ways....Rambo scoring at the swamp a couple of years ago shssh'd the spud fans and Podi ended up in the crowd one year. As for the stick and abuse that Wrighty gave them over the years.....brilliant!
All I'm saying is Pochybollox shouldn't claim disrespect when his players were at it during the match.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:24 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

All I'm saying is Pochybollox shouldn't claim disrespect when his players were at it during the match.
Ah right, I can help you there. Being fluent in Spanish I can tell you that "Pochybollox" actually means.....he who always speaks complete and utter bollox..... so you're pissing against the wind there my friend :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:30 pm
1989 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

Ah right, I can help you there. Being fluent in Spanish I can tell you that "Pochybollox" actually means.....he who always speaks complete and utter bollox..... so you're pissing against the wind there my friend :lol:
I don't expect them to respect us, and they should not expect us to respect them, not a problem for me.

Just sour they they lost its as simple as that

How do you respect a team that don't even have a stadium

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 pm
:shock:

Oh Jesus I've just realised rodders is really some fat unemployed bird from Dagenham called "Sharon".

It's like finding out God is a tottnumb fan... :cry:

:wink:
Google Fat Sharon and this is what you get.

Fuckkk Rodders how could you do this to us!??? :shock: :shock: :( :( :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:49 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:30 pm
1989 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
1989 wrote:

I don't expect them to respect us, and they should not expect us to respect them, not a problem for me.

Just sour they they lost its as simple as that

How do you respect a team that don't even have a stadium

The most expensive toilet in the history of humankind.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I am liking the improvement to the title of this wonderful thread! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »