scum annihilation (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: scum (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

Post by The Arsenal Way »

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but....
This season especially, we have been slow to 'come alive' in the first half. Points lost needlessly. (although some were won in the second half)
Well, it seems that we absolutely banjaxed the JCL scum in the first twenty five minutes, (then gave away the advantage) and then to our credit, we tossed them off like a Marco Pierre White salad thereafter.
The Arsenal team that I stayed up to watch at 10pm last night brought joy to my heart. My 2 brothers and I were watching via a silly stream and radio link.
I am so pleased to be a Gooner again, and would spend ten fold the money I have spent in the past 40 or so years to follow this team...........but FUCK OFF KRANKY.

btw.......thanks to OBG for the video links for showing off to my spursy workmates.

Herd

Post by Herd »

…………….

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 pm
This season especially, we have been slow to 'come alive' in the first half. Points lost needlessly. (although some were won in the second half)
Well, it seems that we absolutely banjaxed the JCL scum in the first twenty five minutes, (then gave away the advantage) and then to our credit, we tossed them off like a Marco Pierre White salad thereafter.
The Arsenal team that I stayed up to watch at 10pm last night brought joy to my heart. My 2 brothers and I were watching via a silly stream and radio link.
I am so pleased to be a Gooner again, and would spend ten fold the money I have spent in the past 40 or so years to follow this team...........but FUCK OFF KRANKY.

btw.......thanks to OBG for the video links for showing off to my spursy workmates.

I don't think it's lack of effort I think we have struggled to string passes together in early parts of games sometimes, not sure why. It could be our play out from the back style is hard to implement when the other team is fresh and fired up :?: but later allows space between the lines as they tire.

but vs scousers and scum we did not have the problem :rubchin: and they both tend to press the defence.

The teams we have dropped points to
Chavs
Citeh
Palace
Wolves
bin dippers

Palace is the only shite team i think we dropped points against.

bin dippers and scum were supposed to blow us away out of sight by half time but neither did, I give Dick a pass on the the first two games.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I decided I would take a break from watching too much football this season. Or reading about it on the internet. I wanted to just enjoy watching Arsenal again in the flesh without too many expectations.

And I had been quietly enjoying watching us play again. We've made some excellent new signings and things were feeling so much better.

And then there was Sunday ....

Fucking wow! That stadium felt like a different fucking world to what its ever felt like before. It was a pulsating game. Fucking superb!

I had given up hope of ever seeing an Arsenal team play like this again. I thought the blueprint of the type of football Arsenal would play (even after the departure of that French guy whose name escapes me) was set in stone! But I was wrong!

I'm even glad we went behind too (with some dubious decisions it has to be said) because comebacks feel so much better.
How fucking good was that second half? The atmosphere was electric. There was carnage in the lower tiers after each of those fantastic three goals in the 2nd half. I didn't think I would ever again celebrate an Arsenal goal the way I did on Sunday. It was like the old days! It was raining, the floodlights were on. There were even smoke bombs, giving the stadium an intimidating feel that I never thought was possible there.

Our players showed so much passion too. Especially after the goals. There was none of that pre-rehearsed dance routine nonsense or those tedious mean and moody celebrations. Genuine passion and a recognition of the occasion.

They are also developing a nasty streak and I love that. Its actually what an Arsenal team should be. I want us to be feared and disliked again (although no neutral could dislike the way we played on Sunday). I don't was us to be everyone's second favourite team :roll: ! Fuck that shit!

I watched the game as soon as I got back home (something I haven't done for years) and it came across really well on the TV, The scenes at the end were magnificent. It's a pity the Sky cameras didn't hang around because the crowd and players were literally bouncing! The fans were united, no infighting in sight. Just players and fans celebrating together.

After this, I actually felt emotional (not in a girly way :oops: ) but because I got so caught up in the whole thing. I feel like we have a team we can get behind again. There are some obvious areas that can be improved on of course ... but every one of those players out there on Sunday did us proud and I cannot believe some of them are the same ones I grew to despise. They all ''gave absolutely everything'' (as someone whose name I cant remember used to say when clearly it wasn't the case :roll: )

I dont care if I am exaggerating or getting carried away here! Fuck it! I was not expecting Emery to change the complacent culture so soon. Its a different place already.

And Torreira's knee sliding celebration reminded me of Bergkamp's in 1996. They were both goals that sealed the game against the old enemy. I was not expecting Torreira to be so fucking brilliant. I love this guy. His goal was my favourite moment at the Emirates this season. And that game on Sunday is the best game I have seen there.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Don't want to spoil anyones fun but, from the met police:

On a more serious note though a young Arsenal fan is still missing from sunday - police reports say he was meant to show up to stadium and never arrived nobody has seen him since. Police describe him as in his early to mid 20's with an oversized fucking tounge, he is called Harry Kane

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Yaaaay! It was the least I could do mate! :high5: :lol: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:31 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 am
I absolutely fucking love his will to win and this photo will go down as an iconic one for me -

HAVE SOME OF FUCKING THAT.
Beautiful iconic photo. 8) :barscarf:

On a par with Keown doing his vampire impression in the air above the cowering VanHorseface. 8)

Will be getting that printed and framed and on the wall in my man cave right beside the one of Keown. 8)

I know this photograph says all we need to know, But maybe we should also have a Picture Caption Competition...

Sokratis: "WHAT THE FUCK DEAN YOU BALDY CUNTBAG I BARELY TOUCHED THE ARSEBENDER FAT TONGUED PUSSIFIED MAMMY'S BOY! (ThenWhispers to Fath Thongue_ Yo! Bitch you're Mine I'm gonna Own you and then BREAK YOU!)

Fat Tongue; Awwww! Weff thwats noth fair He puthed Me over heeth noth allowthed tha doo thhat I'm thuh bethed stwiker in thuh Pwem!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OH! Jeezuss I So Wish I had been there for this:

phpBB [video]

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote: OH! Jeezuss I So Wish I had been there for this:

phpBB [video]

Good to see the yoof and future of AFC enjoying it. I'll forgive them filming themselves and putting it on YouTube on this occasion :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Even Bellerin tried squaring up to Vertonghen after his red card. Looked absolutely ridiculous but great to see even a bloke like him showing that sort of desire.

Whereas Kolasinac on the other side looks like he could end somebody with one punch if he wanted.

Inevitably zero inclination for the PL to use their powers to retrospectively ban divers who win penalties again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just knocked across this on twatter, 83rd minute, 2 goals up and Sokrites makes a tackle. Just watch his fucking reaction - that is they type of shit this club has been crying out for with years.

I fucking love this guy.

https://twitter.com/afc_glen/status/106 ... 14082?s=12

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm
Don't want to spoil anyones fun but, from the met police:

On a more serious note though a young Arsenal fan is still missing from sunday - police reports say he was meant to show up to stadium and never arrived nobody has seen him since. Police describe him as in his early to mid 20's with an oversized fucking tounge, he is called Harry Kane
:lol:

augie

Re: scum annihilation (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

Post by augie »

Regardless of his motives for saying it, I still cant disagree with him :(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-selfie/

Post by 1989 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 pm
Just knocked across this on twatter, 83rd minute, 2 goals up and Sokrites makes a tackle. Just watch his fucking reaction - that is they type of shit this club has been crying out for with years.

I fucking love this guy.

https://twitter.com/afc_glen/status/106 ... 14082?s=12
Also loved seeing him remind cheating prick Son of his dive at the end of the game!! Sokratis is proper old school. 8)

falkirk goon

Re: scum annihilation (H) 2/12 @ 14:05

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am
Regardless of his motives for saying it, I still cant disagree with him :(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-selfie/
Can't argue with him either Augie.It was a fantastic win but nothing has been achieved yet,we play them again in a couple of weeks let's not give the cnuts any more motivation than they already have.