Europa League | Vorskla (A) | 29/11 @ 17:55

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Europa League | Vorskla (A) | 29/11 @ 17:55

Post by TeeCee »

The young kid ‘Medley’ at CB looks very decent on the ball, already better than Mustafi!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:16 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:51 pm
Just seen the team news and I find it very funny that Ramsey is starting. We've finally found the best place for him; in amongst the 3rd XI in a nothing game on a Thursday night in the Ukraine.
What a kick in the ego. A superb flying Jackie Chan roundhouse to the throat style kick. :lol:

He better not try any of his flicks and backheels bollocks out there or some genetically murky elk molester is gonna flatten him. :lol: :wink:
1. :high5:
2. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:22 pm
It's a terrible game. Like pub football tbh. Our kids are way better technical footballers than these cloggers they're playing.

We haven't gotten out of 2nd gear and haven't needed to.
500 fans made the journey to Ukraine to follow Arsenal and any one of them could come onfor the last 20 minutes and not look too out of place. It's sub-zero-testimonial stuff.
[/quote]

:wink: :proudtosay: :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Good result against poor opposition, in the past we'd have struggled in a match like that with nothing really riding on it.

Also immaterial of the opposition it is excellent experience away from home in freezing conditions for all those youngsters, especially as there were only a couple of first team squad players involved :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

good to see the front three do well, albeit against minor league opposition.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Pleased we won and nice to see some youngsters get experience.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Half and half in a different alphabet, mmmm how good is that for a selfie ,jesus I despair but I blame it on mickey t shirts as it was he that came up with the half and half badges years ago and its spawned a huge industry .
Nice performance and a positive one ,nice to see Jenks get a game ,and only marred by yet another female who I've never heard of droning on !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:08 pm
Half and half in a different alphabet, mmmm how good is that for a selfie ,jesus I despair but I blame it on mickey t shirts as it was he that came up with the half and half badges years ago and its spawned a huge industry .
Nice performance and a positive one ,nice to see Jenks get a game ,and only marred by yet another female who I've never heard of droning on !
Wasn’t Baso ( or whatever he called himself) wearing half and half Arsenal kits about 20 years ago ?
The sight of him in shorts and socks still burns my retina to this day.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Given the nature of the game, I'd say that's the best first half performance by an Arsenal team under Emery. The players executed the manager's instructions perfectly. The youngsters were brilliant, kept the ball well and limited the opposition opportunities. They showed character in not only playing in sub zero temperatures, the doubts about the game going ahead, change of venue, and a sparse crowd.
I think a few showed they've got the passion and desire that seems to be missing from the star players. smith-rowe, willock, maitland-niles, guendouzi have what it takes to make the first eleven. Nketiah was dynamic up front, really wanted to score and didn't let his head drop after missing a couple of chances and constantly getting fouled, similar to a young Ian Wright.
Jenkinson did well too.
I've said it before we could ship out the experienced players that are under performing, in January transfer window, bring in the kids that will follow the managers instructions and still make the top 4 this season. Experience players don't always help a young team develop, they just get in the way. Holding looks like a leader on the pitch as does Guendouzi.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

3pts and group won 8) can play the stiffs again in the last game.

Post by 1989 »

- Jenko looked comfortable at CB.
- Niles is just a quality player and can play anywhere on the pitch and perform to a high level. Fantastic talent.
- Smith Rowe looks good but seems to fade away later in games, although he's only 18 tbf.
- Nketiah looked like he was tried too hard at times trying to get himself on the scoresheet, but played well overall.
- Willock took his goal very well indeed, Thierry-esque.
- Elneny looked average against a bunch of farmers. :oops:
- Guendouzi plays like he's been around forever, big big personality and an obvious leader. Kid just runs the show.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

1989 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm
- Jenko looked comfortable at CB.
- Niles is just a quality player and can play anywhere on the pitch and perform to a high level. Fantastic talent.
- Smith Rowe looks good but seems to fade away later in games, although he's only 18 tbf.
- Nketiah looked like he was tried too hard at times trying to get himself on the scoresheet, but played well overall.
- Willock took his goal very well indeed, Thierry-esque.
- Elneny looked average against a bunch of farmers. :oops:
- Guendouzi plays like he's been around forever, big big personality and an obvious leader. Kid just runs the show.
Agree with that will add: Smith Rowe is a bit loose with the ball when playing deep, needs to learn when to keep it simple, otherwise i see xhaka/ramsey style fuck ups in his future, but as you say he is only 18.

Nketiah got nearly every option wrong, from the time he should have passed to a time he should have hit the ball early, and times holding the ball too long, got the ball stuck under his feet at one point in the box. I will put that down as just a bad one off game.

Willock looked the most mature in his whole game, in terms of choosing the correct option most times, could be interesting to play him in the front 3 instead of mikey o'tarragan a few games this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:55 pm
Given the nature of the game, I'd say that's the best first half performance by an Arsenal team under Emery. The players executed the manager's instructions perfectly. The youngsters were brilliant, kept the ball well and limited the opposition opportunities. They showed character in not only playing in sub zero temperatures, the doubts about the game going ahead, change of venue, and a sparse crowd.
I think a few showed they've got the passion and desire that seems to be missing from the star players. smith-rowe, willock, maitland-niles, guendouzi have what it takes to make the first eleven. Nketiah was dynamic up front, really wanted to score and didn't let his head drop after missing a couple of chances and constantly getting fouled, similar to a young Ian Wright.
Jenkinson did well too.
I've said it before we could ship out the experienced players that are under performing, in January transfer window, bring in the kids that will follow the managers instructions and still make the top 4 this season. Experience players don't always help a young team develop, they just get in the way. Holding looks like a leader on the pitch as does Guendouzi.
This again? :roll: :lol:

No. Absolutely not. You put all those kids in and dump the experienced senior pros and we are mid table at best. There is a reason no team in the top flight ever does that ffs.

Holding looks like a leader now? Yeah with a bunch of 17 year old kids. Great. Unfortunately when he plays in the first team with men he looks like a nervous kid himself most of the time. Holding is a goodish on occasion CH that might get better under Dick but let's not get carried away after one game against dross ffs. :roll:

We have a couple of posters losing their shit over a win against an utterly shit pub team. The kids did well but they will probably never play against worse opponents in their entire careers ffs. Context is everything.

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:26 pm
Herd wrote:
Wasn’t Baso ( or whatever he called himself) wearing half and half Arsenal kits about 20 years ago ?
Jesus Stuart , I'd forgotten about that twat ,I fucking hate the prick ,yes I'd rather blame him for half n Halves except his are both Arsenals.
He really is a bellend who appeared over 20 years ago as if from nowhere ,even the hardcore go everywhere types like John Williamson have nothing to do with this dweeb !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am
StuartL wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:26 pm
Herd wrote:
Jesus Stuart , I'd forgotten about that twat ,I fucking hate the prick ,yes I'd rather blame him for half n Halves except his are both Arsenals.
He really is a bellend who appeared over 20 years ago as if from nowhere ,even the hardcore go everywhere types like John Williamson have nothing to do with this dweeb !
Got to know him for a short while mid nineties when I frequented the supporters club in Gillispie Road. I would travel with the Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club and it was the law that you went to the club. Spoke to him on a few occasions but never really understood what he was saying.
There was a bloke in the Dublin Supporters Club who cut the sleeves off the last Addidas home kit (93/94) and sowed them onto the first Nike home kit (94/96) ..We felt he wanted to be the Irish Baso.