United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:55 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm
before trying to whack it aimlessly into the box (normally straight into the legs of the defender a yard away). How can a PL winger be scared to try and skin a man? It’s embarrassing.
This THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does my absolute head in and it happens every single game. He gets down the flanks, tries a couple of stupid, pointless step overs and then just hammers the ball as hard as he can and hopes for the best and as you say it's almost always straight into the defender :banghead: . He has no guile or a bit of trickery or a drop of a shoulder to beat his man and put the ball into the mixer.

It's the same when he tries a shot, does he try to finesse it into one of the corners?? Does he fuck, he just runs up and tries to thunder bastard it in to the net but instead drives it into the stands.

Hit the ball as hard as he can is plan A,B,C and D. Turd footballer.
I have to say I concur with your concurring rodders.Iwobi is utter shite,he's one of the first I would've had punted when le bumhole was sacked.He waddles around offering absolutely nothing :oops: an absolute anushole,furburger,wankstain rolled into one big lardy fuckhole of an excuse for a footballer :( He's absolute pish and one of the worst :rubchin: or is it best? :lol: fuck knows :oops: examples of le fartpipes last 12yrs in charge.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 am
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 pm

I have to say that I NEVER want to see iwobi and mikki ever play for my club again - without doubt they are two of the most useless c.unts in the league, and I cannot stand to see that iwobi w.anker waddling his fat arse around the pitch for even one minute longer. I see and hear some mongs on that atv channel talk him up after every fcuking game (some even claimed he played well against the scum and shouldnt have been subbed :shock: :roll: ), but he is fcuking useless and I hate the ba.stard on a level that I havent had since alex song was with us :censored: :censored:
I said the same earlier in this thread and I can't see that changing for me. Comedy Iwobi in particular brings nothing to the table. He can't pass he can't cross he can't dribble he cant retain posession he can't even run with that fat ass hanging out the back of him.

And he has no footballing brain at all.

At one point we were attacking he gave the ball to a team mate and ran past him but instead of running diagonally across the play into the channel to drag the defender out wide he fucking just kept waddling on in front of our lad with the ball giving no option for a ball out and preventing both a shot or a run into the box for the ball carrier and the move broke down right there. That is fucking basic shit the fat fuck cannot even get right ffs. :roll:

The Alex Mong comparison is very relevant augie. Another inept useless piece of shit that the fanboys would lose their shit over on the odd occasion he managed to get a pass or a tackle correct totally ignoring the hours and hours of shit and the hundreds of mistakes that led up to that moment when he finally got one thing right. :roll:

It's the same with Comedy Iwobi. If he manages to run 10 yards with the ball and do a couple of step overs without tripping himself then he has "played well". :roll: Forget the fact he lost possession at the end of that nothing run, in the minds of these idiots he "played well". :roll:

I can only assume the type of cùnts raving about Comedy Iwobi are also the type of deeply fucking stupid uninformed JCL fanboy cùnts that refer to Fake Ronaldo as "Christiano". You know. Cùnts. :censored:
I thought Iwobi was improving but a step up in the opposition shows clearly that he is out of his depth. His decision making in the last two games was dreadful. He squandered possession because of that. We had United and to a lesser degree Spurs under pressure on our left but he brought nothing to the game that could make that pressure count and make the difference.
Ship him out when he is still young and give him a chance to make a living in a lower league. To think we sold Serge Gnarby to accomadate Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi..

In fairness to Iwobi in a couple of the games earlier this season he did show signs of improvement however this was clealy a false dawn as proved by the last few games. The opportunities that he is wasting just serves to highlight the effect that a good quality wide man would have on this team. Mkhi is a player we can't afford to have in the team, he is capable of some classy football but we are never going to get the required work rate from him.

On the other hand we have just taken 4 points from the spuds and manure within the space of 4 days and given where we were only earlier this year, I am pretty fucking happy with that. As I have said before, a lot of our football played this season has been far from spectacular but we have still managed to get results courtesy of our two boys upfront. Add in a couple of good performances and that prompts the media to start their usual bollox about Emery and the new Arsenal etc without actually bothering to look at what's in front of them.

There is a new Arsenal beginning to emerge and it is going to take time for it to become a permanent feature. As pointed out by others above Emery doesn't really have a lot of choice in some positions and is maybe reluctant to bring in some of the youngsters just yet. He is adopting a cautious approach to rebuilding this team and doesn't appear to want to risk any unnecessary mishaps along the way. We have to respect his decisions and give him and Mislintat another crack at the transfer windows this winter and in the summer to see if they can get hold of reinforcements to help push us on. In the interim I would be delighted if somebody would teach Kolasinac and the rest of the defence for that matter, the art of just now and again, sticking the fucking ball in Row Z! That was a goal that TOF would have been proud to concede.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the Telegraph pointed out the -ve difference in passing, running and tackling stat between the United and vermin games.

the difference is Xhaka.

they article says that although he is deeply flawed, he is also vital to the way the midfield gels :shock:

which wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

we'll see if he's fit for the ecky thumps and how we play.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I suppose the fact we are pissed off we didn't beat United away means Senor Emery is doing something right,a year ago we'd have taken a draw all day long,today we're irked we didn't win,which if there is any positives to be taken that surely must be one.

Looks like Fellaini will escape any further punishment for pulling Sideshow Bobs hair,as the ref saw it apparently,what a fucking joke that is,if he did see it how did he not take appropriate action?

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Hi everyone, I’m a new poster so please go easy on me :D

I am f*cking fuming with last night. I dunno why I hate them manc b*stards so much but everything from their fans, to their moody manager, to their decaying stadium pisses me off. We’ve faced 3 of the worst Man Utd teams in living memory in Moyes, Van Gaal and that moody little c*nt Mourinho and we’ve not been able to come away with a win. WHEN THE F*CK WILL WE GET A WIN AT OLD TRAFFORD?!

As mentioned by others we need to sort out two things in the next few transfer windows: 1. Defence 2. Width. I’m really not a fan of Mustafi, how he can go from Chiellini one game to Titus Bramble the next is beyond me. I like what I’ve seen of Sokratis though, a tough no nonsense defender that we’ve missed. We also can’t expect to go into big games with Kolasinac being our main wide threat… we need proper wingers that will take it to the touchline and take opposition on. Every time I see Zaha I think to myself that guy is exactly what we need, he’s technically very good but he is also very direct. Problem is he’ll cost £70m cause of the British tax so I trust Sven the magician to come up with another ace card in January/summer :D

I’ve seen a lot of people lay into Iwobi which I get but he’s still young and raw… he was a breath of fresh air when he first burst on the scene until the dinosaur ruined him. Thinking about it Iwobi lost 18 months of development purely because of inadequate management so I’m happy to give him a chance to develop under Unai. I do like the fact he at least tries to offer width even though his execution is questionable. He seems to panic and have a brain fart when he gets into crucial positions but hopefully Unai + Carcedo can coach dribbling techniques and decision making into him, a bit like Arteta has done with Sterling at City.

All in all I am delighted with Unai but I am still so bloody p*ssed off about last night, I knew the scum game took a lot out of us so I wasn’t as confident as everyone else but I was hoping we’d do the business against that poxy newly mid table sh*t heap of a club so it’ll take me a while to get over it. Oh well as someone mentioned at least we’re disappointed with a draw instead of happy with a draw, can’t say the same for Utd who are celebrating getting a point against us. Nothing makes me more delighted than seeing those red buffoons suffer week in week out post Fergie. Here’s to many more years of Ed Woodward.

p.s. sorry for the profuse swearing, I really don't like them :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Cannon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 pm

I am f*cking fuming with last night. I dunno why I hate them manc b*stards so much but everything from their fans, to their moody manager, to their decaying stadium pisses me off. We’ve faced 3 of the worst Man Utd teams in living memory in Moyes, Van Gaal and that moody little c*nt Mourinho and we’ve not been able to come away with a win. WHEN THE F*CK WILL WE GET A WIN AT OLD TRAFFORD?!

As mentioned by others we need to sort out two things in the next few transfer windows: 1. Defence 2. Width. I’m really not a fan of Mustafi, how he can go from Chiellini one game to Titus Bramble the next is beyond me. I like what I’ve seen of Sokratis though, a tough no nonsense defender that we’ve missed. We also can’t expect to go into big games with Kolasinac being our main wide threat… we need proper wingers that will take it to the touchline and take opposition on. Every time I see Zaha I think to myself that guy is exactly what we need, he’s technically very good but he is also very direct. Problem is he’ll cost £70m cause of the British tax so I trust Sven the magician to come up with another ace card in January/summer :D

I’ve seen a lot of people lay into Iwobi which I get but he’s still young and raw… he was a breath of fresh air when he first burst on the scene until the dinosaur ruined him. Thinking about it Iwobi lost 18 months of development purely because of inadequate management so I’m happy to give him a chance to develop under Unai. I do like the fact he at least tries to offer width even though his execution is questionable. He seems to panic and have a brain fart when he gets into crucial positions but hopefully Unai + Carcedo can coach dribbling techniques and decision making into him, a bit like Arteta has done with Sterling at City.

All in all I am delighted with Unai but I am still so bloody p*ssed off about last night, I knew the scum game took a lot out of us so I wasn’t as confident as everyone else but I was hoping we’d do the business against that poxy newly mid table sh*t heap of a club so it’ll take me a while to get over it. Oh well as someone mentioned at least we’re disappointed with a draw instead of happy with a draw, can’t say the same for Utd who are celebrating getting a point against us. Nothing makes me more delighted than seeing those red buffoons suffer week in week out post Fergie. Here’s to many more years of Ed Woodward.

Welcome to the forum Cannon, and a very well reasoned first post, always nice to have new opinions on board, :barscarf:

I don’t think anyone yet thinks we are the finished article and certainly the defence still needs work and at least one genuine wide player, who can take a man, on would add to the teams effectiveness. Top 4 is certainly achieveable this season, which I guess we would all have taken at the start of the year.
Unai Emery’s red and white army :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Zaha :shock:

Is it still mushroom season where you live 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Reports say Holding did his cruciate last night and will be out for the rest of the season

Holding will be about for about 6-9 months
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1989 »

Fucking hell.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm
Reports say Holding did his cruciate last night and will be out for the rest of the season
The moment that manc cùnt went in on him you could see the lateral movement of his knee and I just thought "that's his fucking ACL right there...".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Cannon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Welcome on board mate. Swearing is good. 8)

General

Post by General »

We are remarkably prolific for a team that’s so careless with the ball in the final third.

General

Post by General »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 am
Emery needs another 2-3 transfer windows.

We need class in midfield and wingers, wingers, wingers.

Iwobi is utter shit. There's better footballers in the championship then him.

Iwobi, Mkhitaryan need to be upgraded in the summer.

If we can get quality on the flanks we will be class
Re- Iwobi, his off the ball work ethic kept him in the team but now he’s not even meeting this minimum standard. He’s more erratic than a mouse on a midnight kitchen excursion and his pass completion rate is dire. I would bring in Smith Rowe at this rate. Astonishing how he stood there like a crash test dummy and allowed Herrera to ping the ball back into danger for their first goal. This team is saturated with mediocrity and we are only competitive thanks to Unai’s courageous matchday tactics.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

I did think that as well, why not give one of the youth a go, they'll come in fearless and surely can't be much worse. There's a wide youth player called Bukayo Saka who supposed to be a real gem, he scored a quality goal for the unders last week, why not bring him in to offer width? Or give Eddie a go on the wing?

I suppose Unai wants to give Iwobi a chance to prove himself which is understandable. The first season managers usually give existing players a chance to prove themselves and try to suss out the good from the bad, look at how long Klopp persisted with some of the utter crap at Liverpool. From next season onwards you'll start to see a completely different team personnel wise.