United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by Midz »

It was a test of how far we've come and the result says everything.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We definitely seem to have a mental hurdle against the 'top' teams away but there is no comparison in terms of points away from last season, we are getting better and although the draw tonight feels like a loss once we gain a bit more cohesion through the rest of the season i genuinely believe next season will be a different ball game.

Much as i question UE''s decision making in terms of playing people who we can all see are not good enough we have to allow for the fact that its not really his team yet, and half a season is never going to be long enough to undo the 'Wengeritis' afflicting some of the players.

I'm looking forward to both the return leg for Manc and Chavs now because i think we can beat both at home, and if i'm honest away to Shitty and the Victims could be interesting too, City may be unwinnable but i reckon Pool are beatable even away.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Emery needs another 2-3 transfer windows.

We need class in midfield and wingers, wingers, wingers.

Iwobi is utter shit. There's better footballers in the championship then him.

Iwobi, Mkhitaryan need to be upgraded in the summer.

If we can get quality on the flanks we will be class

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 pm

I have to say that I NEVER want to see iwobi and mikki ever play for my club again - without doubt they are two of the most useless c.unts in the league, and I cannot stand to see that iwobi w.anker waddling his fat arse around the pitch for even one minute longer. I see and hear some mongs on that atv channel talk him up after every fcuking game (some even claimed he played well against the scum and shouldnt have been subbed :shock: :roll: ), but he is fcuking useless and I hate the ba.stard on a level that I havent had since alex song was with us :censored: :censored:
I said the same earlier in this thread and I can't see that changing for me. Comedy Iwobi in particular brings nothing to the table. He can't pass he can't cross he can't dribble he cant retain posession he can't even run with that fat ass hanging out the back of him.

And he has no footballing brain at all.

At one point we were attacking he gave the ball to a team mate and ran past him but instead of running diagonally across the play into the channel to drag the defender out wide he fucking just kept waddling on in front of our lad with the ball giving no option for a ball out and preventing both a shot or a run into the box for the ball carrier and the move broke down right there. That is fucking basic shit the fat fuck cannot even get right ffs. :roll:

The Alex Mong comparison is very relevant augie. Another inept useless piece of shit that the fanboys would lose their shit over on the odd occasion he managed to get a pass or a tackle correct totally ignoring the hours and hours of shit and the hundreds of mistakes that led up to that moment when he finally got one thing right. :roll:

It's the same with Comedy Iwobi. If he manages to run 10 yards with the ball and do a couple of step overs without tripping himself then he has "played well". :roll: Forget the fact he lost possession at the end of that nothing run, in the minds of these idiots he "played well". :roll:

I can only assume the type of cùnts raving about Comedy Iwobi are also the type of deeply fucking stupid uninformed JCL fanboy cùnts that refer to Fake Ronaldo as "Christiano". You know. Cùnts. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 am
augie wrote:

I have to say that I NEVER want to see iwobi and mikki ever play for my club again - without doubt they are two of the most useless c.unts in the league, and I cannot stand to see that iwobi w.anker waddling his fat arse around the pitch for even one minute longer. I see and hear some mongs on that atv channel talk him up after every fcuking game (some even claimed he played well against the scum and shouldnt have been subbed :shock: :roll: ), but he is fcuking useless and I hate the ba.stard on a level that I havent had since alex song was with us :censored: :censored:
I said the same earlier in this thread and I can't see that changing for me. Comedy Iwobi in particular brings nothing to the table. He can't pass he can't cross he can't dribble he cant retain posession he can't even run with that fat ass hanging out the back of him.

At one point we were attacking he gave the ball to a team mate and ran past him but instead of running diagonally across the play into the channel to drag the defender out wide he fucking just kept waddling on in front of our lad with the ball giving no option for a ball out and preventing both a shot or a run into the box for the ball carrier and the move broke down right there. That is fucking basic shit the fat fuck cannot even get right ffs. :roll:

The Alex Mong comparison is very relevant augie. Another inept useless piece of shit that the fanboys would lose their shit over on the odd occasion he managed to get a pass or a tackle correct totally ignoring the hours and hours of shit and the hundreds of mistakes that led up to that moment when he finally got one thing right. :roll:

It's the same with Comedy Iwobi. If he manages to run 10 yards with the ball and do a couple of step overs without tripping himself then he has "played well". :roll: Forget the fact he lost possession at the end of that nothing run, in the minds of these idiots he "played well". :roll:

I can only assume the type of cùnts raving about Comedy Iwobi are also the type of deeply fucking stupid uninformed JCL fanboy cùnts that refer to Fake Ronaldo as "Christiano". You know. Cùnts. :censored:
I thought Iwobi was improving but a step up in the opposition shows clearly that he is out of his depth. His decision making in the last two games was dreadful. He squandered possession because of that. We had United and to a lesser degree Spurs under pressure on our left but he brought nothing to the game that could make that pressure count and make the difference.
Ship him out when he is still young and give him a chance to make a living in a lower league. To think we sold Serge Gnarby to accomadate Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi..

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

At one stage in the second half kolasniac was coming down the left wing with the ball being pursued by a manc c.unt, and iwobi literally stood on the sideline 10 yards ahead of him and never moved - didnt make a run down the line, didnt make an effort to get into any space to receive possession, and kolasniac basically end up attempting to pass the ball from just 2 yards away and it went out for a throw in to them :roll: Brain dead football retards will look at kolasniac and slate him for a poor pass, but the reality is that he was under pressure and received no help from lard arse ahead of him :evil: :evil:
Some fans are (understandably) defending dick's team selection cos he needs more talent in the squad that he hasnt had the time and money to bring in. but that doesnt give him a free pass for last night imo - without doubt the worst 2 players (by a country mile) in our previous 2 games were the aforementioned iwobi and mikki, yet last night he chose to start one of them again, and bring on the other ahead of an in-form lacazette. I had a feeling all day yesterday that he wouldnt start lacazette, but I didnt forsee a situation where mikki would be brought on ahead of him :shock: :shock: Injuries and fatigue no doubt affected the performance last night, but so too did a lack of positivity from the manager and players, and only bringing lacazette for the last 15-20 minutes symbolised that fo me.

Btw, I love the dozi as a player, but he really needs to stop this shit of holding onto the ball too long and then looking for free kicks when he feels the slightest contact - on a few occasions last night he was lucky to get free kicks when he was taking chances in risky positions imo

GTG

Post by GTG »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

At one stage in the second half kolasniac was coming down the left wing with the ball being pursued by a manc c.unt, and iwobi literally stood on the sideline 10 yards ahead of him and never moved - didnt make a run down the line, didnt make an effort to get into any space to receive possession, and kolasniac basically end up attempting to pass the ball from just 2 yards away and it went out for a throw in to them :roll: Brain dead football retards will look at kolasniac and slate him for a poor pass, but the reality is that he was under pressure and received no help from lard arse ahead of him :evil: :evil:
Some fans are (understandably) defending dick's team selection cos he needs more talent in the squad that he hasnt had the time and money to bring in. but that doesnt give him a free pass for last night imo - without doubt the worst 2 players (by a country mile) in our previous 2 games were the aforementioned iwobi and mikki, yet last night he chose to start one of them again, and bring on the other ahead of an in-form lacazette. I had a feeling all day yesterday that he wouldnt start lacazette, but I didnt forsee a situation where mikki would be brought on ahead of him :shock: :shock: Injuries and fatigue no doubt affected the performance last night, but so too did a lack of positivity from the manager and players, and only bringing lacazette for the last 15-20 minutes symbolised that fo me.

Btw, I love the dozi as a player, but he really needs to stop this shit of holding onto the ball too long and then looking for free kicks when he feels the slightest contact - on a few occasions last night he was lucky to get free kicks when he was taking chances in risky positions imo
Is Lacazette fully fit though? Surely that has to be the reason why hes not starting?

I can't think of any other reason why you would leave him on the bench away from home given his work rate and current form in front of goal?

Its such a conundrum what to do about our wide positions..... I was actually quite positive about Iwobi's efforts up until the last few weeks where he seems to have settled into being a lazy prick again. Him and Mikki certainly aint good enough but what are the options?

Ozil doesn't work out wide and something seems to be going on behind the scenes with him.

The only options I can see is start playing with Xhaka Douzi and Torreira and really give the license to Bellerin and Kolasinac to stay forward

or give young Smith Rowe or Willock a game. There really isn't much width in the entire squad.

either give young Smith Rowe or Willock a go

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Time and time again Iwobi finds himself one on one with a defender in a really good position and he has zero confidence to take them on. He just panics, slows right down and then shifts the ball before trying to whack it aimlessly into the box (normally straight into the legs of the defender a yard away). How can a PL winger be scared to try and skin a man? It’s embarrassing.

It’s the same shit we had with Arshavin, Gervinho and even Sagna at the end.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The only tolerance I have with some of these shit players still turning out is the lack of alternatives.

Dick isn’t leaving good players on the bench and picking the likes of Mustafi, Kolasinac, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan and even Leno instead.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm
Time and time again Iwobi finds himself one on one with a defender in a really good position and he has zero confidence to take them on. He just panics, slows right down and then shifts the ball before trying to whack it aimlessly into the box (normally straight into the legs of the defender a yard away). How can a PL winger be scared to try and skin a man? It’s embarrassing.

It’s the same shit we had with Arshavin, Gervinho and even Sagna at the end.

A lard arsed pri.ck trying to do multiple stepovers when faced with opposition defenders, is not a guy lacking in confidence - if anything I would say that it smacks off over-confidence cos he clearly thinks that his "trickery" will bamboozle the opposition :roll: :roll: :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

The lack of options to Dick is a valid point, but surely there has to be a line drawn on that too ? If you watch iwobi and mikki stink the place out of it against bournemouth and the scum, surely you would ask yourself if giving one of the kids a run could be any worse ? :rubchin: Personally I would consider bringing in lichsteiner at right full and push bellerin further up the pitch cos he would create as much as those other two clowns. In what universe is maitland-niles not a huge upgrade on iwobi and mikki ? Could giving smith-rowe game time be any worse than playing those two fools ? As I said, there has to be a limit on how much gametime you give players that are simply shit, regardless of how limited you are with alternatives

augie

Post by augie »

Leno has made mistakes since he joined us for sure, but I simply dont understand how he is being blamed for either goal last night :? For the free kick he pushed it out to the side like keepers are told to do, but his team-mates all stood around scratching their balls as the ball was crossed into the 6 yard box and then poked in :roll:
As hard as it is to understand why he is being blamed for their first goal, blaming leno for the second is crazy ridiculous :roll: Kolasniac runs back towards his own goals and then stands back instead of dealing with it - are you kidding me ?? It was never leno's ball to deal with, and blaming anyone but the bosnian is just looking for cheap ways to pick on leno :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 pm
Leno has made mistakes since he joined us for sure, but I simply dont understand how he is being blamed for either goal last night :? For the free kick he pushed it out to the side like keepers are told to do, but his team-mates all stood around scratching their balls as the ball was crossed into the 6 yard box and then poked in :roll:
As hard as it is to understand why he is being blamed for their first goal, blaming leno for the second is crazy ridiculous :roll: Kolasniac runs back towards his own goals and then stands back instead of dealing with it - are you kidding me ?? It was never leno's ball to deal with, and blaming anyone but the bosnian is just looking for cheap ways to pick on leno :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I too don’t blame Leno for either goal ( De Gea was far more culpable for both of ours )
He made a decent save, but nobody bothered following the shot up, we had 4/5 men in and around the 6 yard box but most were facing the wrong way, only Torrieria managed to get back properly but being only 5’ 0 couldn’t save it off the line.

For the 2nd it was Kolasinac’s error all day long - an awful first touch, which was neither a clearance or controlling the ball pushed it towards our goal, and the Manc nipped in, Leno might have spread himself better but that’s about it.

Watched the highlights back again this morning and we were the team pushing for the win and Aubameyang had a clear cut chance to score but De Gea spread himself well to save, Mick O’Tayran touch was just too firm at the near post - it could easily have gone in on another day.

Injuries appear to be mounting up again, hope we get some new blood in January to further improve the Unai revolution :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I don’t blame him for the second but the first was tame. Free kick was 30 yards out and it was a perfect height and about a yard and a half inside the post. It was a really comfortable save but rather than pushing it out of the danger zone with strong wrists then he cushioned it so that it trickles a few yards away and stayed in play. Still shouldn’t have conceded from it but it was poor from him.

He is excellent with the ball at his feet and much more commanding than Cech, but we can’t ignore that he is still costing us regularly. Spurs and Palace (at least) and a few very lucky misses like Liverpool and Leicester hitting the woodwork when he came flapping. It’s worrying but to be honest 25m for a keeper his age isn’t a lot these days - just look at what Chelsea paid.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm
before trying to whack it aimlessly into the box (normally straight into the legs of the defender a yard away). How can a PL winger be scared to try and skin a man? It’s embarrassing.
This THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does my absolute head in and it happens every single game. He gets down the flanks, tries a couple of stupid, pointless step overs and then just hammers the ball as hard as he can and hopes for the best and as you say it's almost always straight into the defender :banghead: . He has no guile or a bit of trickery or a drop of a shoulder to beat his man and put the ball into the mixer.

It's the same when he tries a shot, does he try to finesse it into one of the corners?? Does he fuck, he just runs up and tries to thunder bastard it in to the net but instead drives it into the stands.

Hit the ball as hard as he can is plan A,B,C and D. Turd footballer.