United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: United (A) Dec 5th 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

I would have taken the draw before the game but that kind of feels like a loss. We should have done the cùnts. :|

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

What a shit atmosphere as well. The Emirates is usually shit against the small teams but OT is shit for every game bar Liverpool and City, and even then it’s not much.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm

I know it was a poor performance but in reality 4 points from 6 in two games most outsiders would have written us off in isn't so bad, frustrating but in the past we'd have lost at old shatford
I know Muzz, but with the chavs at home to city and the dustbins at Leicester on Saturday, it feels like an opportunity lost to get a little cushion in 3rd.

Maybe Dick was being pragmatic after just 72 hours between this game and Sunday, and again on Saturday.

I think had Laca started we would have been out of sight. a shame, even Savage said we deserved the win on balance.
Last edited by clockender1 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Could have gone 3rd, that was the worst manure side we've faced up there in 10 years, no different to the Wenger era imo.

The club seems to fear manure at their gaff

John F

Post by John F »

Maureen set out to get his Stokechester Utd team to get one or two of our players injured or sent off to disrupt Dicks substitution s.The second Utd goal was a joke and we weren't at our best but I was really proud of the way they battled especially after they were cheated by the ref in the first half.Last year we would of bottled it.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

As buzzing as i was after Sunday, i'm fucking livid after that, it was fucking pathetic. United were like a boxer hanging on the ropes, waiting to be knocked out and instead we stood off and showed them way too much respect. Our defending was schoolboy like, and at the other end, we huffed and puffed, rather than put them under pressure. Add tonight to the Palace and Wolves draws as points thrown away, fucking pissed off :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mixed bag. Overwhelming sense is disappointment not to win the game. Not just because United are not a great side and are definitely beatable, but because we created more chances and were the better side.

Clearly not holding onto the lead after either goal is disappointing. Particularly the second goal - that was Wenger era nonsense. Absolute Kolasinac's fault by the way for me, what is he doing. Real shame as I thought around the time of both goals we were comfortably getting on top.

Saying that, despite conceding twice we gave away very little and their two goals were very lucky. It wasn't like other games where we've been shipping chances and lucky not to be 3 or 4. I thought we actually looked defensively more solid than we have for a while and the individual errors will stop pretty quickly. There was only one side trying to win that game and we were all over them pressing for a winner whilst they were hacking the ball anywhere and trying to cheat their way to the final whistle. Despite the injury-enforced subs we got more and more lively and were unlucky not to win.

Missed opportunity but not a bad result at all. To be fair despite their drop since the Ferguson days then they've lost 4 home PL games out of 53 and 2 of those have been against City, so the idea that they are easy to beat at Old Trafford is misplaced.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Good to hear Gooners singing "Jose mourinho we want you to stay" :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2-2.

Bugger.

Leno still to keep a clean sheet. the defence and him still need a lot of work. back to 5th :banghead:
I know it was a poor performance but in reality 4 points from 6 in two games most outsiders would have written us off in isn't so bad, frustrating but in the past we'd have lost at old shatford
True.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 pm
I would have taken the draw before the game but that kind of feels like a loss. We should have done the cùnts. :|
Yep. Being realistic, we're doing well this season and playing good stuff. That match showed we're a couple of players short but that's all. Things are much better and we'd have lost that game tonight over the last few years. Out of the top six teams after playing them all once so far this season, we've taken 5 points and quite frankly, I'm happy with that seeing as we had to play two of them in the first two matches. 20 games unbeaten is pretty fucking decent and we're better placed than nearly everyone thought we would be right now.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Could have and should have won...I know we got bizarre goals but their second as criminal.. Feel dejected even though I would have taken a draw...Poor atmosphere, have Manure the biggest group of simpletons as supporters? Jesus they are so unorigional..Arsenal player on the ground, cue " Same old Arsenal always cheating " and that fucking Vieira song...it's nearly 20 years !!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

one thing that makes me a bit happier is that Dick won't be happy with that.

we have three easier games coming up. hopefully the chavs and spuds will drop points and we'll make it up.

it does look like City and Liverpool are out of sight though, which is a shame, but i was reading what i wrote back in August on the Unai Emery Thread and i said i'd be happy this week with 8th to keep us on target for a May top 6 finish.

so 5th is nothing to be sad about - and we are 20 unbeaten now right ???

we will get better and have better nights than this. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:10 pm
As buzzing as i was after Sunday, i'm fucking livid after that, it was fucking pathetic. United were like a boxer hanging on the ropes, waiting to be knocked out and instead we stood off and showed them way too much respect. Our defending was schoolboy like, and at the other end, we huffed and puffed, rather than put them under pressure. Add tonight to the Palace and Wolves draws as points thrown away, fucking pissed off :banghead:

Same as that - I could easily accept that there would be some tiredness in the team after sunday's game, but the attitude and total lack of drive tonight really pissed me off :evil: :evil: They are fcuking useless and probably have the worst defence they have had for 40 years, but we simply did not go at them and even looked afraid of them, and that disappoints me cos we have all lauded these players for the guts and passion they have showed :( :( :(

I have to say that I NEVER want to see iwobi and mikki ever play for my club again - without doubt they are two of the most useless c.unts in the league, and I cannot stand to see that iwobi w.anker waddling his fat arse around the pitch for even one minute longer. I see and hear some mongs on that atv channel talk him up after every fcuking game (some even claimed he played well against the scum and shouldnt have been subbed :shock: :roll: ), but he is fcuking useless and I hate the ba.stard on a level that I havent had since alex song was with us :censored: :censored:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Big miss tonight, some of their players had hardly played this season and two of them their first start this season. :|

Midz

Post by Midz »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Could have gone 3rd, that was the worst manure side we've faced up there in 10 years, no different to the Wenger era imo.

The club seems to fear manure at their gaff
exactly

Midz

Post by Midz »

we can't beat man utd B team