Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Pretty turgid performance today, not sure what was wrong with them at all but nothing seemed to go right except Torreria's goal..... but onwards and upwards, 3 points is 3 points after all :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Terrible game. I could of sworn they were stoke or a warnock team.

I'm done with iwobi, the groans were audible today. I gave him a chance but he's no ESR or Reiss Nelson, let alone a Pires.

Yes he's strong and takes up space but Dozer was literally ignoring him when he was free, including when he crossed for PEA.

If you take the worst parts of Walcott and hleb that's what he is on the ball. I don't know what he's showing Dick in training but it's not happening in games.

Also there needs to be a TV rule that no 1980s Liverpool player should ever be allowed to commentate on Arsenal games as the bitter *word censored* ruin watching the game.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The positives from today are the win and little else. I thought we were piss poor throughout, and i know that Emery is good at adapting tactically but today we created very little(one shot on target until the goal). We are fucked with injuries and it's going to force both Koscielny and Monreal back far sooner than they should, leading to more crocked players. I thought Iwobi and Miki were both shit, although at least Iwobi puts in an effort. On a sidenote the ref from today should be demoted to the conference north. He allowed them to kick us off the park and i had to laugh at him handing out 3 yellow cards to our players for diving, which he would never do at the likes of Old Trafford. Maybe i don't understand the rules but surely if you go in on someone well after the ball is gone, you get red carded, anyway good to get the win and 21 unbeaten :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

21 unbeaten. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:41 pm
Terrible game. I could of sworn they were stoke or a warnock team.

I'm done with iwobi, the groans were audible today. I gave him a chance but he's no ESR or Reiss Nelson, let alone a Pires.

Yes he's strong and takes up space but Dozer was literally ignoring him when he was free, including when he crossed for PEA.

If you take the worst parts of Walcott and hleb that's what he is on the ball. I don't know what he's showing Dick in training but it's not happening in games.

Also there needs to be a TV rule that no 1980s Liverpool player should ever be allowed to commentate on Arsenal games as the bitter *word censored* ruin watching the game.

All fat b.astards take up space :roll: :wink: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thank fucking fuck for that :barscarf:

P.S. rodders has a man crush on Torreira.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 pm
mustafi and sokratis suspended, holding injured; koscielny not played since last season. who the fuck is going to play centre back away at Southampton? :shock: :shock:
Monreal and Koscielny I suppose.

phpBB [video]

These concerns are answered (honestly) at 4+minutes

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Thank fuck for that !! :barscarf: :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

We'd have lost that one last season.

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Another perfectly good goal ruled out. Again. :banghead:
Since the Mane goal was disallowed at the Grove Liverpool have had at least three massive decisions go in their favour. Two in thirty seconds against Fulham and one yesterday..The ex Liverpool players and their paymasters in the media kicked off over that goal and got long-term results from it.
Take Son's dive at the Emirates..Man U's offside first goal, Lacazette's disallowed goal at Man U.( the ball was on DeGea's palm not in his grasp) , Mustafi's yellow for diving when there clearly was far more contact than Son's the previous week , Lacazette's disallowed goal yesterday..Ruled out because he moved towards the original ball from an offside position( as Mane did at the Emirates) ..Maybe the ex Arsenal players in the media need to whinge more.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Another perfectly good goal ruled out. Again. :banghead:
Since the Mane goal was disallowed at the Grove Liverpool have had at least three massive decisions go in their favour. Two in thirty seconds against Fulham and one yesterday..The ex Liverpool players and their paymasters in the media kicked off over that goal and got long-term results from it.
Take Son's dive at the Emirates..Man U's offside first goal, Lacazette's disallowed goal at Man U.( the ball was on DeGea's palm not in his grasp) , Mustafi's yellow for diving when there clearly was far more contact than Son's the previous week , Lacazette's disallowed goal yesterday..Ruled out because he moved towards the original ball from an offside position( as Mane did at the Emirates) ..Maybe the ex Arsenal players in the media need to whinge more.
Absolutely spot on mate.Those dipper *word censored* are getting some massive rubs of the green. Lastnight on motd jugears mentioned our bookings for simulation yesterday..would never mention it if it was the spuds :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yesterday was all about getting the result. To be fair 3rd game in 6 days, we worked very hard against Spurs and again at OT. You could see that Torreira and Guendouzi in particular looked tired.

We actually created some good chances in the first half and would normally have taken at least one. Thought we had too much sideways passing in the second. Fucking hell Iwobi’s touch is awful and Mkhitaryan is just not up to it at this level.

Play the kids on Thursday and then we’ve got three league fixtures we should be winning.

augie

Post by augie »

gp543 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.

He is a sub for a team in the bottom 3 and you think that he is good enough for us ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm
gp543 wrote:

He is a sub for a team in the bottom 3 and you think that he is good enough for us ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In fairness Augie you wanted Roberto Martinez as our manager once. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm
gp543 wrote:

In fairness Augie you wanted Roberto Martinez as our manager once. :lol:

And he got little old belgium to their first ever world cup semi finals 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: