Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 3934
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Pretty turgid performance today, not sure what was wrong with them at all but nothing seemed to go right except Torreria's goal..... but onwards and upwards, 3 points is 3 points after all :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1
Posts: 6256
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by clockender1 »

Terrible game. I could of sworn they were stoke or a warnock team.

I'm done with iwobi, the groans were audible today. I gave him a chance but he's no ESR or Reiss Nelson, let alone a Pires.

Yes he's strong and takes up space but Dozer was literally ignoring him when he was free, including when he crossed for PEA.

If you take the worst parts of Walcott and hleb that's what he is on the ball. I don't know what he's showing Dick in training but it's not happening in games.

Also there needs to be a TV rule that no 1980s Liverpool player should ever be allowed to commentate on Arsenal games as the bitter *word censored* ruin watching the game.

User avatar
BFG4
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by BFG4 »

The positives from today are the win and little else. I thought we were piss poor throughout, and i know that Emery is good at adapting tactically but today we created very little(one shot on target until the goal). We are fucked with injuries and it's going to force both Koscielny and Monreal back far sooner than they should, leading to more crocked players. I thought Iwobi and Miki were both shit, although at least Iwobi puts in an effort. On a sidenote the ref from today should be demoted to the conference north. He allowed them to kick us off the park and i had to laugh at him handing out 3 yellow cards to our players for diving, which he would never do at the likes of Old Trafford. Maybe i don't understand the rules but surely if you go in on someone well after the ball is gone, you get red carded, anyway good to get the win and 21 unbeaten :barscarf:

1989
Posts: 11844
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by 1989 »

21 unbeaten. 8)

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:41 pm
Terrible game. I could of sworn they were stoke or a warnock team.

I'm done with iwobi, the groans were audible today. I gave him a chance but he's no ESR or Reiss Nelson, let alone a Pires.

Yes he's strong and takes up space but Dozer was literally ignoring him when he was free, including when he crossed for PEA.

If you take the worst parts of Walcott and hleb that's what he is on the ball. I don't know what he's showing Dick in training but it's not happening in games.

Also there needs to be a TV rule that no 1980s Liverpool player should ever be allowed to commentate on Arsenal games as the bitter *word censored* ruin watching the game.




All fat b.astards take up space :roll: :wink: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12084
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by rodders999 »

Thank fucking fuck for that :barscarf:

P.S. rodders has a man crush on Torreira.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28300
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:02 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 pm
mustafi and sokratis suspended, holding injured; koscielny not played since last season. who the fuck is going to play centre back away at Southampton? :shock: :shock:
Monreal and Koscielny I suppose.

phpBB [video]


These concerns are answered (honestly) at 4+minutes

User avatar
Ray C
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Northbank - Tas

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by Ray C »

Thank fuck for that !! :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
gp543
Posts: 1382
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by gp543 »

We'd have lost that one last season.

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 5639
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by Bradywasking »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Another perfectly good goal ruled out. Again. :banghead:
Since the Mane goal was disallowed at the Grove Liverpool have had at least three massive decisions go in their favour. Two in thirty seconds against Fulham and one yesterday..The ex Liverpool players and their paymasters in the media kicked off over that goal and got long-term results from it.
Take Son's dive at the Emirates..Man U's offside first goal, Lacazette's disallowed goal at Man U.( the ball was on DeGea's palm not in his grasp) , Mustafi's yellow for diving when there clearly was far more contact than Son's the previous week , Lacazette's disallowed goal yesterday..Ruled out because he moved towards the original ball from an offside position( as Mane did at the Emirates) ..Maybe the ex Arsenal players in the media need to whinge more.

falkirk goon
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Another perfectly good goal ruled out. Again. :banghead:
Since the Mane goal was disallowed at the Grove Liverpool have had at least three massive decisions go in their favour. Two in thirty seconds against Fulham and one yesterday..The ex Liverpool players and their paymasters in the media kicked off over that goal and got long-term results from it.
Take Son's dive at the Emirates..Man U's offside first goal, Lacazette's disallowed goal at Man U.( the ball was on DeGea's palm not in his grasp) , Mustafi's yellow for diving when there clearly was far more contact than Son's the previous week , Lacazette's disallowed goal yesterday..Ruled out because he moved towards the original ball from an offside position( as Mane did at the Emirates) ..Maybe the ex Arsenal players in the media need to whinge more.
Absolutely spot on mate.Those dipper *word censored* are getting some massive rubs of the green. Lastnight on motd jugears mentioned our bookings for simulation yesterday..would never mention it if it was the spuds :roll:

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12174
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by northbank123 »

Yesterday was all about getting the result. To be fair 3rd game in 6 days, we worked very hard against Spurs and again at OT. You could see that Torreira and Guendouzi in particular looked tired.

We actually created some good chances in the first half and would normally have taken at least one. Thought we had too much sideways passing in the second. Fucking hell Iwobi’s touch is awful and Mkhitaryan is just not up to it at this level.

Play the kids on Thursday and then we’ve got three league fixtures we should be winning.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by augie »

gp543 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am
We'd have lost that one last season.

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.


He is a sub for a team in the bottom 3 and you think that he is good enough for us ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 12996
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm
gp543 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am
We'd have lost that one last season.

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.


He is a sub for a team in the bottom 3 and you think that he is good enough for us ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In fairness Augie you wanted Roberto Martinez as our manager once. :lol:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Ey oop 'Uddersfield (H) 8/12 @ 3pm

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm
gp543 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 am
We'd have lost that one last season.

Genuinely don't see the point in Iwobi or Mkhi going forward. The latter on massive wages. Recall Nelson and maybe see if we can get Boufal from Soton in January.


He is a sub for a team in the bottom 3 and you think that he is good enough for us ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

In fairness Augie you wanted Roberto Martinez as our manager once. :lol:




And he got little old belgium to their first ever world cup semi finals 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post Reply