Arsenal badge

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brucers

Arsenal badge

Post by brucers »

I have just been shown this badge by someone on another site. I have never seen this one and have questioned if it is real. Can anyone confirm it's validity as an original Dial Square (Arsenal) badge? From a quick general look online it seems to be something made up in more recent years. Over to.....

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.zAzY9 ... =5&pid=1.7

DB10GOONER

Re: Arsenal badge

Post by DB10GOONER »

Never seen that before and the font looks too modern.... at least from the 1950s or 1960s?

Looks fake but not positive tbh....

brucers

Post by brucers »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm
Never seen that before and the font looks too modern.... at least from the 1950s or 1960s?

Looks fake but not positive tbh....
Tend to agree with you but before I tear a plastic Chelski apart verbally I want to a double check.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Can't find that badge anywhere. Some early Dial Square and Royal Arsenal stuff here including badges....

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.c ... s/arsenal/

brucers

Post by brucers »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm
Can't find that badge anywhere. Some early Dial Square and Royal Arsenal stuff here including badges....

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.c ... s/arsenal/
Thanks for that. I have seen all those ones, even have the multi montage as my facebook background.

brucers

Post by brucers »

whoops,

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I have seen that badge ( or very similar ) used by one of the Arsenal supporters clubs, possibly in America

Will have a hunt around - pretty sure it’s not a genuine Dial Square badge

brucers

Post by brucers »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:48 pm
I have seen that badge ( or very similar ) used by one of the Arsenal supporters clubs, possibly in America

Will have a hunt around - pretty sure it’s not a genuine Dial Square badge
Cheers, only looking to make sure it is not one used by Arsenal in their heyday. Like you, I don't think it is.