Buying tickets from touts outside Emirates..advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Poundland

Buying tickets from touts outside Emirates..advice

Post by Poundland »

Hi,

I live abroad but will be in London over Xmas and hope to get to the Burnley game. Never been to the Emirates before and need advice on buying ticket from a tout. Any pitfalls I should watch out for? What could I expect to pay for this game? Is there any security bar to buying from a tout i.e ticket holders name printed on ticket or whatever, any help appreciated

gp543

Re: Buying tickets from touts outside Emirates..advice

Post by gp543 »

Don't do it. There's plenty of legitimate avenues to find tickets (including this website).

I'd guess you'd be able to find tickets on ticket exchange for that one even the week of the match.

Fuck touts.

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Take out a red membership and buy a ticket from the ticket exchange. Work out cheaper than getting ripped off by a tout

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Touts are absolute scum of the earth. Do not encourage them.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Yeah I can only re-iterate what was said above. Due to Christmas commitments I am not going to the game and got rid of my 2 tickets to a mate.

Would have been happy to sell, but I know they are quite strict about selling tickets on here. I never sell spares at more than the average price of each ticket over a season. A tout would be selling for 3 or 4 times face value minimum even for a cat C game like Burnley.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Last minute i.e hour before kick off , it's always worth asking at the supporters club in Gillespie road . In my experience helping foriegn supporters they have only ever charged face value.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You could try following this guy on that Twitter: https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Agree with all the previous posters advising against it mate. Touts are scum. They will all overcharge you and half them will just plain rip you off leaving you out of pocket and still not getting into the game.

Just slap in 20 quick posts on the forum and you can post on the Ticket Match thread and hopefully someone here can help you out.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

There's a couple of Arsenal ticket groups on facebook that are really good and there's always spares for pretty much every game. Check it out.

Herd

Post by Herd »

It isn't difficult to find them in the pubs around the ground too, May I recommend my pals new bar formerly the Herbert Chapman,Kings Head but now the Islington Bar and Grill on Holloway road !