Saints (A) 16/12 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xgtdec

Re: Saints (A) 16/12 @ 13:30

Post by xgtdec »

When Redknapp is describing shane long as "quality" ....enough said.

Someone should have kicked austin in the air as soon as he came on.....

Micky, Iwobi, Ozil, Kos...that should be it for them in an Arsenal shirt

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

People will now be talking about the start of something special for Southampton. It's not going to happen because they're crap.....we've just done what we do best...giving a crap, struggling side a little pick me up.

Tbh we are not very good either...gonna take a few seasons to get this mess that Wenger left sorted out. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:14 pm
Well augie this is not a cheap shot but Leno is fucking dog shit
Would not go that far Lefty but he is certainly error prone and not much more reliable than helmet head tbh.
Well I think he's shit mate and tbf Cech would have gobbled that cross up all day long with ease.

You can not have a top keeper who cannot gather crosses or for that matter be in the right position, when he came running off his line like a headless chicken (like one average al used to do) I was screaming at him to get the fuck back in goal and saw the goal coming way before saints themselves did.

He's doggy poo

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:14 pm
Well augie this is not a cheap shot but Leno is fucking dog shit
Would not go that far Lefty but he is certainly error prone and not much more reliable than helmet head tbh.
Well I think he's shit mate and tbf Cech would have gobbled that cross up all day long with ease.

You can not have a top keeper who cannot gather crosses or for that matter be in the right position, when he came running off his line like a headless chicken (like one average al used to do) I was screaming at him to get the fuck back in goal and saw the goal coming way before saints themselves did.

He's doggy poo
Can't disagree he was utter shit for that goal and it's not his first clanger.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm
Starting with Comedy Iwobi and Mickey Tarragon both on put us on the back foot from the beginning. We lose possession too cheaply and create next to nothing. Dick has to see that. Comedy Iwobi in particular has to go. Fucking brain dead useless cùnt. :censored:
Spot on. I think there are a few that need to go from the last regime, but for me, Iwobi is the biggest test for Emery. If he thinks there is ability in there then we need to be worried. Yes he has a trick or 2 in him, but his footballing brain is retarded. He simply doesn't see what's around him and rarely delivers the right pass. I cannot stand him, and as soon as I see his name on the team sheet my heart sinks. What's the point of letting Sir Flicksalot leave but keeping Iwobi.
As for Mkhitaryan, he's just a non event of a player for me. Pointless.
Last edited by g60gooner on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm
Starting with Comedy Iwobi and Mickey Tarragon both on put us on the back foot from the beginning. We lose possession too cheaply and create next to nothing. Dick has to see that. Comedy Iwobi in particular has to go. Fucking brain dead useless cùnt. :censored:
The problem is DB he doesn't, this has been happening week after week after week for a couple of months now and he hasn't changed it, as i said above in his own way he is just as limited and stubborn as the previous *word censored*..... I have been saying for a while now i would continue to give the new manager the benefit of the doubt but it is wearing thin now, we can blame the shit players for individual mistakes and definitely there are shit players but when it is basic organisational mistakes, playing the wrong players or persisting with tactics that dont work those things are squarely in the managers remit and he is getting it wrong in these areas a lot right now :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g60gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm
As for their manager, that's just what we need, another Klopp type 'character' running about like a *word censored* :roll:
Yeah first thing I thought too mate... the wanky SlySports fanboy JCL cùnts will be all over social media ladding him up.... :oops: :roll: :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

That result has been coming, Saints took their chances where other teams havent.
We are a shambles at the back. Bould needs to go as he has changed sweet fuck all since wenker went!
Its going to be a testing xmas schedule and tbh I think it will see us drop out of top 4 contention!
Time for dick to show just how good he is or Isnt abd if he has the balls to get shot of bould!
Fully expect Cech to be back for next game and rightly so! as for Koscielny? Dick has a big shout to make on that one! Kos is finished and nor that he was ever more than mediocre in his prime!
Havent felt this angry in a long time!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It just looked tired and heavy that performance. It's one defeat, nothing to panic about.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

awful, awful against Huddersfield too. maybe im overreacting, but I'm struggling to see much difference between now and us under AW. i hat to be all negative, and so wanted this to work, spurs apart we have been more often than not turd.

the ozil situation is a huge issue and who knows what influence that having. we have been unlucky with the defense, but we don't create anything when teams dont come at us. we have no pace on the flanks. guendouzi is a bit of a fave on here, but he resembles denilson more and more,

UE has his hands tied with the crap hes been dealt, but im not seeing much, if any progress results wise. yes we were unbeaten but way too many bad draws in there against teams we should be beating. The farcical slow start to games has to end and the keeper seems to get worse,

its all so disappointing after the hope, and i know im overeacting, but if it wasnt for uniteds basket case season we would be 6th as we were under AW.

still we all said it would take time

markyp

Post by markyp »

I think today showed up our massive deficiencies in defence,there is no other team in that top 4 that would struggle to keep out a front line of Austen,Long and ings,its a joke!! this defeat has been coming for ages,the arrogance of some here to think we would just turn up and win is not unlike that of the spurs supporters!! Aubameyang was way to casual in front of goal,Guendouzi for all his possession did nothing and at times was sunday league level with his thrashing at the ball,and Lenos had a stinker,lets hope this is the massive kick up the arse the team and Emery needs,we lucked out today after riding it for months!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

just re reading what i wrote, and am massively overreacting. im just so disappointed about this result, against an awful side.

i guess its a good sign as under AW i didnt give a shit. emery has given expectation and hope back from a crap situation left him.

i need to be more patient.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:42 pm
just re reading what i wrote, and am massively overreacting. im just so disappointed about this result, against an awful side.

i guess its a good sign as under AW i didnt give a shit. emery has given expectation and hope back from a crap situation left him.

i need to be more patient.
Exactly. The man is trying to repair 10 years of rot that Wenger left behind. We have to give him 2 full seasons to see what he can do.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:39 pm
I think today showed up our massive deficiencies in defence,there is no other team in that top 4 that would struggle to keep out a front line of Austen,Long and ings,its a joke!! this defeat has been coming for ages,the arrogance of some here to think we would just turn up and win is not unlike that of the spurs supporters!! Aubameyang was way to casual in front of goal,Guendouzi for all his possession did nothing and at times was sunday league level with his thrashing at the ball,and Lenos had a stinker,lets hope this is the massive kick up the arse the team and Emery needs,we lucked out today after riding it for months!
Why the need to insult fellow Gooners?

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fucking hurts like a kick in the balls that but it has been coming. Lot of players still coasting or just plain shit and need clearing out. 5th or 6th it is then and also think we'll drop away over Christmas. Just hope we can raise our game again in the cups.