Emile Smith-Rowe

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Emile Smith-Rowe

Post by TeeCee »

Great article on Sky Sports website, so refreshing to hear how he feels and seems like a true Gooner. He is Probably the reason Ramsey is being allowed to leave!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... unai-emery

DB10GOONER

Re: Emile Smith-Rowe

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm hoping that he'll not just be the short term replacement for Ramsey but also the long term replacement for Ozil.

If as is looking more and more likely Dick and Ozil have had a falling out and/or Dick wants to go with a system that doesn't suit Ozil's considerable but admittedly limited ability, then hopefully ESR can develop into an intelligent fast attack minded number 10.

He looks to have the natural talent but it obviously remains to be seen if he has the brain to step up to that level of world class. Would be brilliant if he did. A proper internal solution after a decade of hearing that shit from Wenger.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Really like the look of this kid. He has that De Bruyne style about him. When we get rid of Ozil and Ramsey we'll still need an AM until this kid develops into a proper star, but long term we have our very own KDB me thinks :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Like very much what I've seen of him so far. Hope he develops well and wish him all the best.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Hes not in the squad tonight - injured ? or is he playing on Sunday ?

I really like him and Willock.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Injured.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 am
Great article on Sky Sports website, so refreshing to hear how he feels and seems like a true Gooner. He is Probably the reason Ramsey is being allowed to leave!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... unai-emery
Great article TC, what i like is that both the player and the manager are having one on ones on the field after training - thats remarkable for a PL manager to do that with a prospect, plus he said he gets the same treatment in the classroom with Dick & Garcedo.

Which, if you think about it is interesting because they chose to let Reiss go out on loan - are they planning an attacking four of PEA, Laca, Reiss with ESR behind them in the 10 slot ?

:shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Maybe Unai wanted/needed to sort the immediate/first squad out when he arrived and now that is falling into place, he will start focusing on the youngsters who are on the edges of 1st team selection like ESR, Eddie & Willock