Burnley (H) 22/12 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Burnley (H) 22/12 @ 12:30

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:14 am
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 pm
I was delighted we got the win yesterday(even if our defending was beyond shitty at times). On a positive note, that's 12 league goals now for Aubameyang and barring injury, he should finish the season with between 20-25 league goals,(how long since we had a prolific striker like that). Also, i'm not Ozil's biggest fan, but it's obvious he is the only creative player we have in the team, so any talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous.
On a sidenote, MOTD was fucking pathetic last night, they took the comments of Sean dickhead and tried finding controversy where there was none. Also, Ian Wright is a legend but he is also a media whore, who is happy to go along with the general anti-Arsenal bullshit being fed by the media. Anyway happy Christmas to everyone on here, COYG :barscarf:
Though not a striker Sánchez did score 24 in the league two seasons ago. RvP was the last striker to hit those sort of numbers. He got 30 league goals in his last season for us. Pretty much single-handedly got us third that season. Instead of Wenger gifting van Persie to Ferguson to win the title I do wonder if we could have won the league the following season had we kept him with the additions of Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud supporting him in attack.
Are you forgetting that Podolski and Giroud were “ bought to play with RVP, not replace him”

Bradywasking

Re: Burnley (H) 22/12 @ 12:30

Post by Bradywasking »

Just checked out the refereee review of Arsenal v Burnley on the Sky website and was amazed to see that Dermot Gallagher feels Arsenal had no case to answer on any of Dyche's claims.
I was amazed because i thought Sky would jump on the "poor small northern club " bandwagon.
In his interviews Dyche referenced the three yelliw cards for alleged diving v Huddersfield and Kane's penalty claim against them ( Burnley). The reality is Dyche came with a plan that wasnt planned properly. He joins the Big Sam, Pullis, Warnock, Phil Brown group of Neanderthals .