Burnley (H) 22/12 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Burnley (H) 22/12 @ 12:30

Post by GoonerMuzz »

So looking forward to the hate on MOTD tonight and in the papers tomorrow, feels good to be a gooner again..... everyone hates us :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

This result pleases me 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

Pleased we won and looking forward to seeing the highlights on MOTD. Sounds like it was a feisty encounter.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:51 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:36 pm
Ginger cúnt!
For Dyche and Burnley read Big Sam and Bolton or Warnock and whoever....Hope they go down.
Bit harsh. They were physical but not overly so and at least they didn't park the bus and came to play a bit.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

kolasniac was easily our best today. Feel sorry for any player that is replaced by Iwobi as sub !!. Take the 3 points & smile at the $hity & $helski results. All we need now is Scum to get beet by the blue scousers !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

We've got more solid guys at the back now in Sokratis, Kolasinac and Lichsteiner so all we need to do now is buy a really really nasty fucking hard bastard of a CH and we're good to go. A few of the usual wanky clubs are finding out that we no longer roll over and die when things get a bit tetchy.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:36 am
We've got more solid guys at the back now in Sokratis, Kolasinac and Lichsteiner so all we need to do now is buy a really really nasty fucking hard bastard of a CH and we're good to go. A few of the usual wanky clubs are finding out that we no longer roll over and die when things get a bit tetchy.
I hope you are right.I was shocked by Match of d Day last nite, and I don't think it was related to detoxing from Xmas do. Why Lichsteiner threw himself down when he could have defended the situation drives me nuts.If Long hadn't acted d prick with his dive,it was a peno.The organisation at the back for some of the Burnley free kicks into the box was probably the worst I ever saw,including the shit for the Burnley goal.Some of what went on was pretty embarassing,must look again but that's how it seemed last night.Hope it's all to do with injuries and Dick needs a few of his own signings,and not a sign of something else.

Oh,and happy Christmas your arse,I pray God its Spurs last.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

oaodan wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
I hope you are right.I was shocked by Match of d Day last nite, and I don't think it was related to detoxing from Xmas do. Why Lichsteiner threw himself down when he could have defended the situation drives me nuts.If Long hadn't acted d prick with his dive,it was a peno.The organisation at the back for some of the Burnley free kicks into the box was probably the worst I ever saw,including the shit for the Burnley goal.Some of what went on was pretty embarassing,must look again but that's how it seemed last night.Hope it's all to do with injuries and Dick needs a few of his own signings,and not a sign of something else.

Oh,and happy Christmas your arse,I pray God its Spurs last.
Yeah the way we line up at free kicks against us is just embarrassing, they look like a bunch of 10yr olds - nobody seems to know if they are playing offside or dropping, they all mark each other in the middle and nobody picks up the man ( or men) on the far side.
We still don’t seem to have learnt to follow up on free kicks yet either, just watching, while the opposition are ready to pounce on any rebound.
Still happy with how things have gone so far, but still a long way before we are any where near genuine challengers

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I was delighted we got the win yesterday(even if our defending was beyond shitty at times). On a positive note, that's 12 league goals now for Aubameyang and barring injury, he should finish the season with between 20-25 league goals,(how long since we had a prolific striker like that). Also, i'm not Ozil's biggest fan, but it's obvious he is the only creative player we have in the team, so any talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous.
On a sidenote, MOTD was fucking pathetic last night, they took the comments of Sean dickhead and tried finding controversy where there was none. Also, Ian Wright is a legend but he is also a media whore, who is happy to go along with the general anti-Arsenal bullshit being fed by the media. Anyway happy Christmas to everyone on here, COYG :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rodders Fun Fact No. 172 - Sean Dyche talks like that because he gobbles down on massive cocks.

(Larynx gets ripped to shreds from the helmet ya see).

Right, that’s all for now children but remember I shall be here right throughout the festive season regaling you miserable bastards with some more world renowned “Rodders Fun Facts”.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Just a difference of opinion but I think our whole back line is shite, and we need to look seriously into replacing it asap.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Just a difference of opinion but I think our whole back line is shite, and we need to look seriously into replacing it asap.
I really like Sokratis as a personality and think he is a decent CB. One of the first names on the team sheet for me given who else we’ve got there.

Monreal is ok. Kolasinac is generally decent as a wing back and Bellerin occasionally shows signs of being able to deliver going forward, although a complete liability as a defender and still all too often all fart no shit going forwards.

Mustafi is garbage. I think Lichsteiner has brought a great deal to the squad and I enjoy his savvy operating at times (Ie kicking quite good opponents rather than getting skinned) but his legs are long gone. Koscielny should be put down.

Defending is a lot more than just individuals, we still evidently have a culture where players do not have defensive responsibility and commitment ingrained. That said, you look at the impact Van Dijk has had at Liverpool and you think we need both an injection of a top class new signing and a culture and organisation shift which will take another 12-18 months to really take effect.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 pm
I was delighted we got the win yesterday(even if our defending was beyond shitty at times). On a positive note, that's 12 league goals now for Aubameyang and barring injury, he should finish the season with between 20-25 league goals,(how long since we had a prolific striker like that). Also, i'm not Ozil's biggest fan, but it's obvious he is the only creative player we have in the team, so any talk of getting rid of him is ridiculous.
On a sidenote, MOTD was fucking pathetic last night, they took the comments of Sean dickhead and tried finding controversy where there was none. Also, Ian Wright is a legend but he is also a media whore, who is happy to go along with the general anti-Arsenal bullshit being fed by the media. Anyway happy Christmas to everyone on here, COYG :barscarf:
Though not a striker Sánchez did score 24 in the league two seasons ago. RvP was the last striker to hit those sort of numbers. He got 30 league goals in his last season for us. Pretty much single-handedly got us third that season. Instead of Wenger gifting van Persie to Ferguson to win the title I do wonder if we could have won the league the following season had we kept him with the additions of Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud supporting him in attack.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:00 pm
Midz wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
I really like Sokratis as a personality and think he is a decent CB. One of the first names on the team sheet for me given who else we’ve got there.

Monreal is ok. Kolasinac is generally decent as a wing back and Bellerin occasionally shows signs of being able to deliver going forward, although a complete liability as a defender and still all too often all fart no shit going forwards.

Mustafi is garbage. I think Lichsteiner has brought a great deal to the squad and I enjoy his savvy operating at times (Ie kicking quite good opponents rather than getting skinned) but his legs are long gone. Koscielny should be put down.

Defending is a lot more than just individuals, we still evidently have a culture where players do not have defensive responsibility and commitment ingrained. That said, you look at the impact Van Dijk has had at Liverpool and you think we need both an injection of a top class new signing and a culture and organisation shift which will take another 12-18 months to really take effect.

On a good day maybe, but those days are becoming less frequent and I think that it is high time we said farewell to him (especially with his recent injury record).
Kolasnia is a back-up standard - not good enough to be any better
mustafi is indeed garbage, and that is on a good day :roll:
Sokratis is a strong centre back and exactly the type of centre back we have needed for a long time - I do think that he badly needs a quality centre back alongside him to maximise his talents, cos none (and I am including holding) of the others are good enough to be first choice club with any club with ambitions to compete at the highest level. Holding is a solid back up

For years people defended bould when discussing our defensive shitiness by claiming that the french cock wouldnt allow him to intefere - does anybody think that he has contributed anything since wenger has gone ? :roll: Personal pride and frustration of years of sitting on his arse doing nothing as he watched one embarassing defensive performance after another, should have lit a fire under boulds arse to turn things around with the back 4, but yet again it seems like he is happy to just roll along doing sweet fcuk all as rome crumbles around him :evil: We all know that his gravy train at the club will be coming to an end real soon cos dick was probably forced by the board to retain him to smooth the transition from the old regime - :evil: when that day comes (not soon enough imo) he will be forced out to seek other employment with a cv that has had nothing positive to post on it for years :oops:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Don't worry mate, I wasn't commenting on the quality of the defence rather that we have a defence now that has a few boys who can handle the rough stuff where we often used to cower and fold in a scrap against the likes of Burnley. Add in Torreira and Xhaka to the mix and the team has a bit of an edge to it which we haven't seen for a while. That bit of grit and determination has maybe helped us to a few wins that previously would have ended as draws or losses even - that's all.

Quality wise....Sokratis is a yes and I remain hopeful about Holding for the longer term. Kolasinac has some way to go yet and the likes of Lichsteiner and Monreal are past their best. The defence needs as much attention as the midfield but then we all knew that Dick had been left a shitfest by TOF - thanks Christ they reigned him in during his last transfer window. But it still pisses me off that nobody is prepared to take the lead sometimes and just boot the ball into row z as per Burnley's goal on Saturday