Premier League |Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal| 26/12/18 - 17:15|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Premier League |Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal| 26/12/18 - 17:15|

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:41 pm
:banghead:
It's your post mate, think how we feel :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal manager Unai Emery has apologised for kicking a bottle which hit a Brighton fan towards the end of Wednesday's 1-1 draw.

The Spaniard went to speak to the home supporter immediately after the incident and again at full-time.

"I said to them I'm sorry. It wasn't hard but it touched one supporter," Emery said after the game.

The Football Association will look into the incident, which was not included in the officials' match report.

But, speaking in his news conference on Thursday, Emery said he hoped the apology would be the end of the matter.

"I kicked the bottle in frustration but not at the supporters, not with this intention. It's circumstances. I apologised. I hope it's the end of the matter, yes."
◾Brighton hold disjointed Arsenal to end losing run
◾What happened in the Premier League on Wednesday?

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had given the Gunners a fourth-minute lead in the Premier League match at the Amex Stadium and the visitors dominated much of the first half.

But a mistake by right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner allowed Jurgen Locadia to equalise for Brighton in the 35th minute.

Emery was disappointed by his team's second-half display and took his frustration out on the water bottle on the touchline.

After apologising to the Seagulls fan, Emery appeared to explain his actions to the fourth official.

The officials had not included the incident in the match report as they were happy with the way it had been handled.

Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was given a one-match ban after being sent off for kicking a water bottle down the touchline during his side's Premier League game against West Ham in 2016.

Yeah, but Maureen was, is and always will be a C.U.N.T Whereas Unai is a decent chap. :proudtosay:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Sorry if the following is a rant, but last night was one of the worse performances i've seen from us in a long time. I'm trying to give Emery a chance, particularly when you consider the shit show he inherited, but at times it feels like he is making a cross for his own back with his idiotic decision making. How anyone could watch that 1st half and think the solution to our problems was to take off our most creative player in Ozil and replace him with a comedy act like Iwobi, that is beyond shitty management. Add to that, he subs Lacazette off(despite him getting an assist earlier on). It's hard not to be cynical and think that Emery is pissing Ozil off with some sort of hope that Ozil will hand in a transfer request, either that or he is making poor decisions due to shittyness :? It's also hard not to shake the feeling that we have only had 1 HT lead this season, because he is chasing his tail with dumb team selections. Even when we beat Spurs 4-2, Emery was hailed as a genius for his HT subs, but it didn't take a genius to work out that Lacazette and Ramsey were going to have more of an impact on the game, than average shit like Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. I'm not going to judge Emery until he has had a couple of transfer windows to develop his own squad, but his decision making is like self harm at the moment :banghead:

General

Post by General »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:05 pm
Sorry if the following is a rant, but last night was one of the worse performances i've seen from us in a long time. I'm trying to give Emery a chance, particularly when you consider the shit show he inherited, but at times it feels like he is making a cross for his own back with his idiotic decision making. How anyone could watch that 1st half and think the solution to our problems was to take off our most creative player in Ozil and replace him with a comedy act like Iwobi, that is beyond shitty management. Add to that, he subs Lacazette off(despite him getting an assist earlier on). It's hard not to be cynical and think that Emery is pissing Ozil off with some sort of hope that Ozil will hand in a transfer request, either that or he is making poor decisions due to shittyness :? It's also hard not to shake the feeling that we have only had 1 HT lead this season, because he is chasing his tail with dumb team selections. Even when we beat Spurs 4-2, Emery was hailed as a genius for his HT subs, but it didn't take a genius to work out that Lacazette and Ramsey were going to have more of an impact on the game, than average shit like Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. I'm not going to judge Emery until he has had a couple of transfer windows to develop his own squad, but his decision making is like self harm at the moment :banghead:
I think the plan was to get out of the blocks quickly, put Brighton to the sword and consolidate. Had we taken our chances the game would’ve been over by half time. The changes were necessary as he had to keep one eye on Liverpool. My only qualm was keeping Young Guendouzi on. He has seen far too many minutes for my liking and I would’ve taken him off instead of Ozil. I actually think Ozil is a credible option in central midfield.

General

Post by General »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm
Also anybody remember that missive to referees a few years ago when Xhaka got sent off against Swansea? Apparently it had been made clear that any tackles from behind with no attempt to win the ball were a straight red.

Anybody seen a red card for the same since? Murray’s hack from behind on Guendouzi has zero intention of winning the ball and could have badly hurt him.

Likewise thought it was a poor tackle just before halftime on Guendouzi (again). Straight over the ball and again could have badly hurt him. I’ve seen reds for a few like that recently.

It was ones of the most absurd red cards I’ve seen in living memory.
Anthony Taylor is an abysmal referee and watching his bald head close up was a sight to behold.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

General wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:34 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm
Also anybody remember that missive to referees a few years ago when Xhaka got sent off against Swansea? Apparently it had been made clear that any tackles from behind with no attempt to win the ball were a straight red.

Anybody seen a red card for the same since? Murray’s hack from behind on Guendouzi has zero intention of winning the ball and could have badly hurt him.

Likewise thought it was a poor tackle just before halftime on Guendouzi (again). Straight over the ball and again could have badly hurt him. I’ve seen reds for a few like that recently.

It was ones of the most absurd red cards I’ve seen in living memory.
Anthony Taylor is an abysmal referee and watching his bald head close up was a sight to behold.
I agree with that - you’ve always been allowed a freebie from behind as long as it’s not halfway up someone’s leg before you see a red. But when that decision was made it was smugly proclaimed that it was some new missive which had been rolled out. Sadly much like the retrospective diving ban nobody seems to actually be in charge of enforcing it.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

General wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:05 pm
I think the plan was to get out of the blocks quickly, put Brighton to the sword and consolidate. Had we taken our chances the game would’ve been over by half time. The changes were necessary as he had to keep one eye on Liverpool. My only qualm was keeping Young Guendouzi on. He has seen far too many minutes for my liking and I would’ve taken him off instead of Ozil. I actually think Ozil is a credible option in central midfield.
Having gone to the game, which was one of the most forgettable I have seen in some 40 years, I agree with the comments above. There were so many occasions where the ball was played aimlessly back and forth, across the back, in our half, and then back to the keeper, that I thought it was Groundhog Day again. I would estimate at least half our passes all match were backwards, it was absolutely dire, seriously.

Could not believe Ozil taken off (to save him for Liverpool???) and if it was 'tactical' then what the f****** hell were the tactics? To be as appalling as possible is my guess. Iwobi was indescribably bad, and then Lacazette gets taken off and I assume I must be in some sort of scenario where the objective is to do the most stupid thing you can possibly think of. I think UE has been seduced by all the press about how brave his substitutions are, how he ignores reputations etc etc and so he thinks he has to keep up the image. This is really dangerous territory. Three defensive midfielders doesn't help, and whatever your views of Ramsey, he should have started. Guendouzi is a good player, but lost the ball so many times, and played some awful passes, that suggests he is doing too much too soon.

Anyway, that's my summary of yesterday's proceedings. Crap basically. I was actually thinking on the way home, shame Mkhitaryan is injured and couldn't play. That's how bad it was.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

How most on this forum seem to think Ozil is worth his place in this team are off their fuckin heads. He is a lazy bastard that is praised in some games when he makes one good pass & creates a goal or similar but most of the time he does fuck all. He refuses to run or make tackles. The fact that he is replaced at half time by our next worst player Iwobi sums it up for me. We are a very average side at the moment but I hope this manager can turn it around. Not looking forward to The Scousers at the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Ray C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:03 am
How most on this forum seem to think Ozil is worth his place in this team are off their fuckin heads. He is a lazy bastard that is praised in some games when he makes one good pass & creates a goal or similar but most of the time he does fuck all. He refuses to run or make tackles. The fact that he is replaced at half time by our next worst player Iwobi sums it up for me. We are a very average side at the moment but I hope this manager can turn it around. Not looking forward to The Scousers at the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Buddy I have been very critical of ozil on here for a while now, but if you dont see the alternatives of playing iwobi and/or mikki as a way worse option, then there is no help that a shrink can give you now. Ozil can be a lazy ba.stard, and he does wimp out of tackles all the time, and his body language is a disgrace 99.9% of the time, but if you dont recognise that he brings more to the table than that lard arse dic.khead, then you are stevie wonder blind. Once upon a time there used to be arguments between football fans all over the world over an inconsistant world class ball players versus a 100% committed grafters, but you need to recognise that iwobi fits into neither category - DB10 frequently has a pop at the ozil haters by referring them to the industrious shit like robbie savage, but at least savage did work hard and run around a lot, cos iwobi is a fat lazy no good for nothing c.unt.

Tbh I would pick ozil with a broken leg ahead of picking iwobi ever again

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm
I spent the second half putting an ikea wardrobe together for her indoors and made an absolute fuck up of it.

I’m going on the beer, fuck this.
Well I’m guessing it’s cheaper than a coffin ?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 am
Ray C wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:03 am

Buddy I have been very critical of ozil on here for a while now, but if you dont see the alternatives of playing iwobi and/or mikki as a way worse option, then there is no help that a shrink can give you now. Ozil can be a lazy ba.stard, and he does wimp out of tackles all the time, and his body language is a disgrace 99.9% of the time, but if you dont recognise that he brings more to the table than that lard arse dic.khead, then you are stevie wonder blind. Once upon a time there used to be arguments between football fans all over the world over an inconsistant world class ball players versus a 100% committed grafters, but you need to recognise that iwobi fits into neither category - DB10 frequently has a pop at the ozil haters by referring them to the industrious shit like robbie savage, but at least savage did work hard and run around a lot, cos iwobi is a fat lazy no good for nothing c.unt.

Tbh I would pick ozil with a broken leg ahead of picking iwobi ever again
I rest my case - they're both crap players. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree with Augie. Have slagged Ozil off plenty but fucking hell I’d rather see him saunter about on the fringes of a game than watch Iwobi or Mkhitaryan pulling on the shirt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:52 pm
Agree with Augie. Have slagged Ozil off plenty but fucking hell I’d rather see him saunter about on the fringes of a game than watch Iwobi or Mkhitaryan pulling on the shirt.
And that is the main point right now really. He is still the only truly creative player in our midfield and with the only alternatives being a fat bobble headed useless lazy cùnt or a manure reject that is useless or a bloke that had one good half season 4 years ago and has been a backheeling flicking showboating disaster ever since, then yeah I'll take the intelligent if inconsistent but at times brilliant Ozil every day of the week.

Some people are so tied up in the anti-Ozil agenda and their own silly online personalities that they can't bring themselves to admit he is still our best option in the number 10 role and in an attacking midfield role.

If Dick can get a better more consistent creator in there then boom bye bye Ozil but Dick has higher priorities in the next couple of transfer windows with rebuilding our shit defence.

Also to all the stupid fuckers :wink: that roll out the old classic "he doesn't do it away against the top 6 sides" can I just ask how we did there yesterday without him away against a top 6 side? Or was yesterday Ozil's fault too....? :lol: