Premier League |Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal| 26/12/18 - 17:15|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Premier League |Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal| 26/12/18 - 17:15|

Post by Redarmy »

Worrying decision taking off Lacazette, when you need a goal to win the game

Lichensteiner and Iwobi cannot be taken seriously...funniest moment when Iwobi nearly scored without knowing about it

Can you imagine these players at Liverpool or Man City?

To be fair so many show boaters dwelling on the ball, looking around as if to say look at me I'm the man....then passing it sideways or backwards

The goals they give away with ridiculous defending, todays a prime example, Emery has a lot of work to do....

Liverpool must be shit scared of this lot turning up on Saturday..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Painfully short on creativity with very few players who look capable of skinning a man or cutting a defence apart with a pass. Half the time we are scoring goals out of pure graft which was the same again today.

I’ve called for Ozil to come off in countless away games over the years but why bring him off at half time for that useless sack of shit? Likewise I just don’t get this Lacazette subbing all the time - is he seriously unfit?

Despite all that, it’s the defence which has yet again undone us. In a team that’s thin on quality, Emery desperately needs to be able to Nick a few 1-0s. It’s an attritional but really poor Brighton side and again we’ve gifted a comedy goal away. We’ve kept 3 clean sheets in 19 games.

Wenger has really left a shower of shit behind. Anybody being brutally honest looking at the players we’ve got would say that we are much closer to the likes of Everton in terms of quality than the front-runners. The only decent midfielders we have got are the two we have bought this summer and Ozil who seems to have largely given up on his career. No manager in the world could turn the merry band of usesss defenders which we have into an organised unit. I’m not saying that Emery has gotten everything right or that he is perfect, but he was dealt an awful hand and the bloke realistically needs 3-4 transfer windows and some backing financially to really start closing the gap.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm
Painfully short on creativity with very few players who look capable of skinning a man or cutting a defence apart with a pass. Half the time we are scoring goals out of pure graft which was the same again today.

I’ve called for Ozil to come off in countless away games over the years but why bring him off at half time for that useless sack of shit? Likewise I just don’t get this Lacazette subbing all the time - is he seriously unfit?

Despite all that, it’s the defence which has yet again undone us. In a team that’s thin on quality, Emery desperately needs to be able to Nick a few 1-0s. It’s an attritional but really poor Brighton side and again we’ve gifted a comedy goal away. We’ve kept 3 clean sheets in 19 games.

Wenger has really left a shower of shit behind. Anybody being brutally honest looking at the players we’ve got would say that we are much closer to the likes of Everton in terms of quality than the front-runners. The only decent midfielders we have got are the two we have bought this summer and Ozil who seems to have largely given up on his career. No manager in the world could turn the merry band of usesss defenders which we have into an organised unit. I’m not saying that Emery has gotten everything right or that he is perfect, but he was dealt an awful hand and the bloke realistically needs 3-4 transfer windows and some backing financially to really start closing the gap.

I was saying all this too on the emery thread - us Gooners have lived through the absolute shit wenker has served us up for many a year now, and during those times we all bemoaned the lack of genuine quality in the squad, so I do not understand how dick can be expected to sort out that shitfest in one transfer window :? :shock: :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:38 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm

I was saying all this too on the emery thread - us Gooners have lived through the absolute shit wenker has served us up for many a year now, and during those times we all bemoaned the lack of genuine quality in the squad, so I do not understand how dick can be expected to sort out that shitfest in one transfer window :? :shock: :shock:
Most people don't expect that augie. Just a couple of hysterical punters on here and social media. :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also anybody remember that missive to referees a few years ago when Xhaka got sent off against Swansea? Apparently it had been made clear that any tackles from behind with no attempt to win the ball were a straight red.

Anybody seen a red card for the same since? Murray’s hack from behind on Guendouzi has zero intention of winning the ball and could have badly hurt him.

Likewise thought it was a poor tackle just before halftime on Guendouzi (again). Straight over the ball and again could have badly hurt him. I’ve seen reds for a few like that recently.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I spent the second half putting an ikea wardrobe together for her indoors and made an absolute fuck up of it.

I’m going on the beer, fuck this.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Simply not good enough.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

[quote=rodders
I spent the second half putting an ikea wardrobe together for her indoors and made an absolute fuck up of it.

quote midz post_i
Simply not good enough.
[/quote]

I concur, ikea are in Dublin. He should have bought it from a local store in Cork. N fu**ing loyalty for his local shops.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm

I’m going on the beer, fuck this.
You still managed to be about 100 times more productive than Wanker was between the years 2005 and 2018.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Make no mistake Ozil was hauled off for his failure to track his man on their goal. He just stood and watched while the man charged past him.

You can argue whether ozil should be the player on the edge of our box like that because when teams break he isn't going to get back.

Either way he needs to decide what he's doing with him. One minute he's out of the squad then he's captain then he's off at half time.... it really doesn't seem look good management especially when you bring him off for the laziest and most useless player in the squad.

What's happening with Lacazette is shocking and I can see why he's pissed off.... I'm completely lost on that one.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

corkbarry wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:38 am
[quote=rodders

quote midz post_i
Simply not good enough.
I concur, ikea are in Dublin. He should have bought it from a local store in Cork. N fu**ing loyalty for his local shops.
[/quote]

I called round to yours to borrow the black and decker to try and put the bastard together but you never answered....and I could see you through the gap in the curtains knocking a sneaky one out to the Bang Babes.

There’s your fucking loyalty right there. 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I've just seen their goal again :oops: what a clusterfuck of errors :oops: what in the actual fuck was lichsteiner doing with that header :shock: fucking terrible goal to lose in a terrible performance.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I was at a party yesterday so missed the game but did record it, though after reading through this thread I think I'll give it a miss.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I seem to remember last seasons Arsenal wage bill was above Liverpool's & only £10 million behind the Chavs, it must be way above Middlesex Hotspur? And those cúnts are an outside bet for the title! :cussing:

Wenger & co have not only left us with a shite squad & but one that we had paid way over the odds for. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: There is still the same problem with players not being motivated & properly organised as when Mr Wonga was in charge!

Can't see Wiggy Stan paying out on major transfers, neither will other clubs pay the wages & transfer fees unless we sell some of the dross very cheaply.

It's more than obvious that big money needs to be spent, sooner or later, relying on winning the Europa League is a dodgy strategy with such a shite defence. :roll:

The club needs to spend in the transfer window, that doesn't happen, fan protests need to start against Wiggy! :box:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:banghead: