Bertram Mee OBE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Bertram Mee OBE

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

100 years since this great man was born! From Physio to Double winning manager :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Bertram Mee OBE

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just out of interest, has he had a statue made of him outside the ground yet? If not, he should have one.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:20 pm
Just out of interest, has he had a statue made of him outside the ground yet? If not, he should have one.
I knows it's Christmas, but not a peep about this on the official website or social media! Shameful!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

All happened before football started pre Premiership history is of no importance.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Who is this old geezer and what is that weirdly shaped trophy beside the FA Cup?

Thank God SlySports came along and saved football.

:mrgreen:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

The FA Cup in them colour ribbons looks oh so fucking cool,better than red and white ribbons in my humble opinion

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:05 pm
The FA Cup in them colour ribbons looks oh so fucking cool,better than red and white ribbons in my humble opinion
Yeah I think so too. Looks superb. 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Has to be noted very much a partnership with the late great Don Howe, Bertie was very much an ambassador for the club steeped in the Arsenal values and believed in doing things the right way......

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 pm
Has to be noted very much a partnership with the late great Don Howe, Bertie was very much an ambassador for the club steeped in the Arsenal values and believed in doing things the right way......
That should be the next statue at the ground. Those two next to each other. The club needs to reconnect with its past and start showing the respect and appreciation these two deserve.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'd bet both of my stylishly groomed and sperm filled testicles that the Wiggy Racoon Headed fucktard that owns us has no idea who the Legend in that photo is. :censored:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

My first manager along with Don Howe, you lot crow on about stroller, but those were the guys that made him what he was, the lazy fucker..... :mrgreen: