Dippers A Sat 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Dippers A Sat 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

In Guardiola's first season at City he went six games without a win, got spanked 4-0 by Everton and lost 2-0 to the Spuds and his future as a manager in England was being called into doubt. They also let in six goals over two legs to a shit Monaco team to get knocked out of the last 16 of the CL

In Klopp's first few months as manager Liverpool lost at home to Crystal Palace, lost 2-0 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Watford, 2-0 to West Ham, 2-0 to Leicester, and 3-1 to Swansea

In Pochettino's first few months he lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool, 0-1 to West Brom, got spanked 4-1 at Man City, 3-0 at Chelsea and 3-0 at Man United

Yeah, lets chuck Unai out after one bad result as clearly proven above, one terrible result (or even a run of three or four games) means he must be an absolute dud

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stick with the Manager, give him support by investing proper money in re building this team, he's far better than the previous wanker
Last edited by Redarmy on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

"Arsenal are now without a win in their last 20 away league games against fellow "big-six" opposition, losing 10 of their last 12 such matches."

Fcuking pathetic. Is the last one the win at Man City with Giroud goal?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm
In Guardiola's first season at City he went six games without a win, got spanked 4-0 by Everton and lost 2-0 to the Spuds and his future as a manager in England was being called into doubt. They also let in six goals over two legs to a shit Monaco team to get knocked out of the last 16 of the CL

In Klopp's first few months as manager Liverpool lost at home to Crystal Palace, lost 2-0 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Watford, 2-0 to West Ham, 2-0 to Leicester, and 3-1 to Swansea

In Pochettino's first few months he lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool, 0-1 to West Brom, got spanked 4-1 at Man City, 3-0 at Chelsea and 3-0 at Man United

Yeah, lets chuck Unai out after one bad result as clearly proven above, one terrible result (or even a run of three or four games) means he must be an absolute dud

I really cannot believe some of the stuff being spewed on here - yes emery has made some very bad mistakes since he arrived and yes he should be criticised for those, but some c.unts on here are looking for him to be fcuked out already and that is beyond fcuking braindead :roll: :oops: :oops:

No-one can deny that today's performance was appalling and almost as bad as any we have seen in recent seasons - I knew we would get a thumping, but I expected us to show some guts and go down fighting, but of course we were ball-less :roll: :oops: I wasnt happy with the team that was picked to start, but there are things like guts and pride that players are expected to show regardless of who the manager is, and it is too easy to lay the blame for everything at emery's door.
Realistically what were fans expecting this season ? For the most part we have played with much higher levels of passion and commitment than we have seen in a long time, and that is something we all said we wanted. Is it possible that a lot of our players (not just torreira) are running on empty right now, and that is leading to performances like we have seen recently ? Many people have said in recent years that playing the high energy gameplan has impacted fitness levels for the victims under klopp (and to a lesser degree citeeh under pep), so why would it not affect us ? We have a much thinner squad than any of our "rivals", and we have suffered a lot through injuries so we are having to play mostly the same 13 or 14 players every game

What is really sickening my arsehole though, is that some of the clowns on here already writing emery off, are the same c.unts that defended wenger for years of abject ineptitude :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

I should also add that not for one second would I accept fatigue as a defence for the players attitude today, so I am not suggesting that the players get a free pass

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Not talking of chucking him out but worrying signs re his defensive coaching ability.

We need a manager with better defensive ability than Pep, we wont be able to afford the money he has spent. The results you note above continue such as conceding 3 at home to Palace and Peps critics at Bayern and now often reference his defensive neglect or inability.If City dont win league or Champions League this year,will Pep be looked on as a big success? Klopps team are flying but it remains to be seen re the defence.Pochetino may leave Spurs without winning a trophy.We probably badly need a manager who is better than Pep/Klopp defensively to steady the club again.I just think that despite the personnel, we should be showing more cop on and organisation at the back and am worried that Dick might not be top notch defensively.

Anyhow, will judge him in May 2020.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Awful today but this is spot on. Paul fucking Daniels couldn’t make Mustafi, Lichtsteiner, AMN, Kolasinac etc look like a good defence. We need to see some sort of plan and improvement in the next 12 months but sorting out a decade worth of defensive apathy is more than just saying let’s try not to concede lots of goals. Need serious investment. Like Liverpool who spent 125m on one defender and keeper.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

In the last 2 games in a fucking row we’ve conceded a goal after one of our “defenders” in a panicked attempt to clear the danger kicked the fucking ball directly at another of our “defenders” resulting in the ball rebounding to the opposition who scored.

YOU DO NOT SEE THAT FUCKING SHIT HAPPEN IN THE NON LEAGUES.

Yet we’ve now seen it happen twice in the last 2 fucking games. What the actual fuck??? :banghead:

And can anyone tell me what the plan was tonight? Keep it tight and try and catch them on the break or from a set piece? Nope. Play them at their own game and attack the from the get go? Nope.

The approach was as close to “just go out and play your own game” that I’ve seen since the Banter Era supposedly came to an end. At 1 up we’ve got something to dig in and battle for but we just carroed on with no plan, no system, no shape and no fucking clue.

We need to ditch half the fucking squad over the course of the next 3 widows and try and build a proper team because that rabble of shit is going nowhere.

Today should be ground zero for the manager and board and a plan has to be put in place for January and the summer or the season is going off a cliff with the accelerator pedal down through the fucking mat.

Mightedly fucking pissed off at that.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:37 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:24 pm
I would have taken anyone as manager over Wenger(and thank fuck he is gone) but anyone trying to say we have improved is delusional. We would have been 6th under him and find ourselves 5th under Emery - mainly due to Man United's shitness. This season is heading down the shitter and the depressing part is that between now and May, we have the FA cup and the EL to keep us going and league games are going to become meaningless :(
Im not having this. We are 4 months into a new managers tenure and even if we where mid table no one should moan. This side is a Wenger side, the defence arent good enough and we need to clearly bring in 2 or 3 players that can defend properly. Judge an Emery side after three transfer windows, not after making knee jerk comments when we get turned over by the champions elect.

This is what people wanted change, have some patience ffs. It took Klopp 3 seasons to get to this stage.
You have missed my point, we could be 17th and i would still be delighted Wenger has gone, but there is a difference in saying "we need to be patient" and pretending we have vastly improved(as some have done). Also, i can forgive defensive lapses, due to the defenders at our disposal, but some of it is clearly down to not being coached properly. I'm going to give Emery a chance, but lets not pretend a ford KA is a ferrari.
I always rated Klopp as a great manager but it has taken him 4 seasons to get Liverpool where they are today.None of the Liverpool starting line up today were there when he took over.While every other teams fans said what has he won the Liverpool fans loved him and backed him.They werent demanding success after 5 months like some deluded Arsenal fans are demanding from Emery. Liverpool's transfer spending this summer was £240m ours was £70m. Emery took over a 6th place squad that hadnt been coached properly for a decade.He inherited a team of overpaid lazy fuckers. Nearly every position in the squad needed strenghtening.Its going to take time for Emery to get rid of the crap and bring in his own players.And he is going to have to do it with an owner who wont give him the £200m plus its going to take.He may succeed he may fail but anyone expecting instant results this season knows nothing about football. Liverpool have shown how it is done but it will take time and a lot of money.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

I really cannot believe some of the stuff being spewed on here - yes emery has made some very bad mistakes since he arrived and yes he should be criticised for those, but some c.unts on here are looking for him to be fcuked out already and that is beyond fcuking braindead :roll: :oops: :oops:

No-one can deny that today's performance was appalling and almost as bad as any we have seen in recent seasons - I knew we would get a thumping, but I expected us to show some guts and go down fighting, but of course we were ball-less :roll: :oops: I wasnt happy with the team that was picked to start, but there are things like guts and pride that players are expected to show regardless of who the manager is, and it is too easy to lay the blame for everything at emery's door.
Realistically what were fans expecting this season ? For the most part we have played with much higher levels of passion and commitment than we have seen in a long time, and that is something we all said we wanted. Is it possible that a lot of our players (not just torreira) are running on empty right now, and that is leading to performances like we have seen recently ? Many people have said in recent years that playing the high energy gameplan has impacted fitness levels for the victims under klopp (and to a lesser degree citeeh under pep), so why would it not affect us ? We have a much thinner squad than any of our "rivals", and we have suffered a lot through injuries so we are having to play mostly the same 13 or 14 players every game

What is really sickening my arsehole though, is that some of the clowns on here already writing emery off, are the same c.unts that defended wenger for years of abject ineptitude :roll:
I most certainly don't fall into the 'Emery out' category but as i said in my original post, there is a difference between saying he deserves time and hyping him up (as plenty of our fans have done). He has done the exact job i expected in terms of our league position 5th/6th, but his obvious flaws need to be pointed out. If anyone is going to accept that our defensive frailties are down to personnel then they are letting him off scott free as we obviously have fuck all shape and again tonight our abject defence was left exposed. On top of that, he is in this strange situation with Ozil in which he is looking to freeze him out without a replacement. On top of that, he is asking Lacazette to leave with how he is messing him around. No one should want a manager out at this early stage but he has made some amount of fuck ups at this early stage.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Yes lets make loads of excuses for a managerial and team performance we’d have slated wenger for!!
EMERY OUT!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'll be worried if a year from now, we're still getting beaten like that. A year from now, we're strolling in to Wakefield and beating them easily.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

It's not seriously Emery already is it. :banghead:

He isn't Wenger and he knows the defence is f*cked. Our defenders aren't good enough collectively or individually and we have to give him and the recruitment crew time to replace those defenders. I hope however scouted Staffi and Koslasinac are no longer at the club. I'm very worried that somebody thought that Lichsteiner was still capable at this level because he has been hapless since he came into the team.

Emery came with a good CV, this isn't give-him-time-moyes-type-delusion, he genuinely needs time.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Also thought those days were behind us , but defending like yesterday would have seen us lose to average teams. Torriera looks washed out in the last two games. World Cup catching up maybe.?
Defending was awful ,so bad that Bellerin was actually missed. Not making excuses but the referee was awful on the penalty calls. It wouldnt have changed the result but reverse the situations and Arsenal wouldnt have got either of Liverpool's two and Liverpool would have got Arsenal's one.
Macca and BT outdid themselves with the Liverpool love in. When Lacazette was speaking to Emery on the touchline as he prepared to come on MacManaman's comments were unprofessional and child like.Fuck sake we pay for that too.
Its way too early to call for Emery's head..Less than a month ago he was a genius and what we waited ten years for after the league NLD. Of course he should answer for his mistakes but give him some time and money.. Ozil needs to go now ,and I am a fan, if only to generate some money.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Rushed back from deepest south bermondsey for that crap.
The next two transfer windows will tell us what's what in regards to future budgets.
Our defence is such a mess that we need to clear everyone bar holding the rest are simply not good enough.
Yesterday we showed glimpses of how to beat Liverpool but shot ourselves in the foot over and over again.