Dippers A Sat 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: Dippers A Sat 1730

Post by bergkamp10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm
Oh dear - how wrong was I. Thought we would put up more of a fight and avoid the sort of widely tipped rout that this ended up being

No knee jerks from me - at the start of the season I knew we had no chance of the top four and probably little chance of a trophy so we are where we are. The goal for me this season is to see what the manager learns from days like this and much of the past month. The previous c.unt didn't learn a thing from days like this hence multiple batterings at top clubs playing the same old tired tactics which frankly have led us to where we are at today. Don't get me wrong - if 2 years later Dick is still sending out teams playing like they did today, I will be the first to say 'what the fuck' but I only hope he takes days like today and uses it wisely to assess who has no future at this club and exactly what he is going to strengthen in January and next Summer.

Ramsey and Ozil will take approaching 500k per week off the wage bill and for the equivalent sum we should be able to sign 4-5 players who will offer more to a team that wants to play Dick's way. However, we all know that without at least 2 decent CBs there will be nowhere near enough stability to get anywhere near a top four finish any time soon and that has to be the priority for the next transfer windows.

Our board have led us into this mess - sadly I don't have the confidence in them to get us out of it. FFS if Josh Kroenke hadn't got his arse over to London we would still probably have Wenger at the helm

Cracking post Steve.

We have to all understand that this will take 2-3 years at least, that's 5-6 transfer windows in my book.

Plus like we perhaps all know or has been stated on here elsewhere that Kroenke will not spend huge amounts on either the club or team. Plus I have been told from inside the club it's most likely that he will be taking sufficient funds out of the club from 2019-2021 in the years ahead.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

This result has been coming for a couple of weeks now. Lucky they only scored 5. These players are only average & must realize it. Give Dick the money & as long as he doesn't spend it on ageing players like Sok & Lich we just may start to compete with the better teams. If money is not spent I can see this kind of hiding coming from a bottom 6 side !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 pm
Oh dear - how wrong was I. Thought we would put up more of a fight and avoid the sort of widely tipped rout that this ended up being

No knee jerks from me - at the start of the season I knew we had no chance of the top four and probably little chance of a trophy so we are where we are. The goal for me this season is to see what the manager learns from days like this and much of the past month. The previous c.unt didn't learn a thing from days like this hence multiple batterings at top clubs playing the same old tired tactics which frankly have led us to where we are at today. Don't get me wrong - if 2 years later Dick is still sending out teams playing like they did today, I will be the first to say 'what the fuck' but I only hope he takes days like today and uses it wisely to assess who has no future at this club and exactly what he is going to strengthen in January and next Summer.

Ramsey and Ozil will take approaching 500k per week off the wage bill and for the equivalent sum we should be able to sign 4-5 players who will offer more to a team that wants to play Dick's way. However, we all know that without at least 2 decent CBs there will be nowhere near enough stability to get anywhere near a top four finish any time soon and that has to be the priority for the next transfer windows.

Our board have led us into this mess - sadly I don't have the confidence in them to get us out of it. FFS if Josh Kroenke hadn't got his arse over to London we would still probably have Wenger at the helm

Cracking post Steve.

We have to all understand that this will take 2-3 years at least, that's 5-6 transfer windows in my book.

Plus like we perhaps all know or has been stated on here elsewhere that Kroenke will not spend huge amounts on either the club or team. Plus I have been told from inside the club it's most likely that he will be taking sufficient funds out of the club from 2019-2021 in the years ahead.
Exactly, can people as has already been highlighted in this thread look at how Guardiola and Klopp started their tenure's at their respective clubs. The worrying thing from Arsenals perspective is I suspect we won't have the funds that both of the respective managers had to sort their teams out, we also don't have anyone like Coutinho who we could sell for £100m+. Would Guardiola and Klopp have the likes of Mustafi and Lichsteiner as first-team regulars, hell no.

Emery has to work with what he's got and try to improve things in the next two/three transfer windows. If a player is a shit defender, no manager can improve them.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Why are some on here using the false narrative that if you slag off Emery then you are somehow saying he needs to go. This completely distracts from the reality of the monumental cock-ups he has made since becoming manager(compounded with last night's mess). One of my big hopes when he took over was to see an actual tactician take over the squad but what we seen last night was the complete opposite. We never sat in, or tried to keep it tight(worse case scenario to keep the score down) and left an already shitty defence, completely exposed. On top of that, he starts Ozil in our win against Burnley(in which he gets 2 assists) then fucks him around against Brighton and he has another 'injury' last night. Then you have Ramsey, who seems surplus to requirements, one minute and is then starting(and is the captain) last night. Then you have Lacazette, who seems to have improved this season and works well with Aubameyang, but can't get a game over Iwobi :banghead:
I have sympathy for the mess that Wenger left him and the lack of transfer funds, but all of the above along with strange team selections - which then lead to HT subs are all his fault and as i said on the Brighton thread, he is self harming with his own fuck ups. maybe next season, he will have hugely improved the squad, but it's not unfair to point out his obvious flaws this season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:42 pm
We seriously need a proper defensive coach and UE needs to get it into his head that we are not going to outscore teams because that is his biggest failing in my opinion.

He came to the club saying he'd rather win 4-3 than 1-0 and i think that is exactly what he is trying to do, unfortunately we are unable to create goals in the same way that other teams like the Victims and Shitty can and our defence is much more prone to mistakes than any of the other top 8 than the Mancscum before today.
This concerns me too. We clearly needed to have more of a game plan than we did against the victims and just having a go at them a la TOF was not the sensible way to go. Watching the team this season, I haven't really seen that much of a marked change from last year and while there were one or two good performances in the unbeaten run there was an awful lot of very average football too which got a lot of people shouting about the results rather than looking at performances. The new guys have brought a better mentality and ability with them but there is still so much deadwood in the squad that it is scary.

As for where Dick is in the process, well he is right at the beginning of attempting to change things around. Four months is nothing in terms of changing this shower of shite and to be fair to the guy he does need a couple of transfer windows to change things up. We know the defence is largely shite but Dick still seems to be having trouble working out what he wants from his midfield which is hardly any wonder giving what he has inherited both in terms of players and contract issues. I am still very interested to see what money is made available to Dick during this transfer window as that is going to set the agenda moving forward. I am not particularly hopeful on this front as all the negligent contract mismanagement by TOF gives wiggy an out from providing proper money. Why throw more wedge at the team when he's watched the previous manager overpay for some players and allowed others to run their contracts down to secure big pay rises or walk away for nothing. He's a businessman pure and simple and that will have mightily pissed him of.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Shit day out, embarrassing that a club of our size is forced to put out a team of such average quality.
Emery does need time of course he does butI don’t understand his treatment of Lacazette.
The gulf between them and us was frightening

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:34 am
Why are some on here using the false narrative that if you slag off Emery then you are somehow saying he needs to go. This completely distracts from the reality of the monumental cock-ups he has made since becoming manager(compounded with last night's mess). One of my big hopes when he took over was to see an actual tactician take over the squad but what we seen last night was the complete opposite. We never sat in, or tried to keep it tight(worse case scenario to keep the score down) and left an already shitty defence, completely exposed. On top of that, he starts Ozil in our win against Burnley(in which he gets 2 assists) then fucks him around against Brighton and he has another 'injury' last night. Then you have Ramsey, who seems surplus to requirements, one minute and is then starting(and is the captain) last night. Then you have Lacazette, who seems to have improved this season and works well with Aubameyang, but can't get a game over Iwobi :banghead:
I have sympathy for the mess that Wenger left him and the lack of transfer funds, but all of the above along with strange team selections - which then lead to HT subs are all his fault and as i said on the Brighton thread, he is self harming with his own fuck ups. maybe next season, he will have hugely improved the squad, but it's not unfair to point out his obvious flaws this season.
I largely agree BFG4, we all know what he inherited and he has instilled a bit more fight as we have come back stronger in the 2nd half in a lot of games but

Both Ozil and Ramsey are captain one week and sub the next ? We don’t have a captain worthy of the name still, which we lacked all through the latter stage of the Wenker era - it is important to rectify this.
Playing out from the back when you have a lightweight defence is going to cost you time and time again.
We have no wide player who can take a man on and put in a decent cross.
Lacazette is being criminally messed about.

The half time subs were welcomed initially, to shake things up a bit, but now appear to be almost as set in stone as Wenkers 70mins.

Defensively we haven’t improved, we lack creativity in midfield and rarely play Lacazette and Aubameyang together despite their good relationship / partnership.

Lots to fix, was hopeful that we would see some improvement but realistically we were only ever looking at 4th as best scenario 6th at worst and that is still very much the case.

He does deserve a fair crack at the whip, this season and next before any real judgement can be made - so let’s see what 2019 brings.
He has been a little bit unlucky with Welbeck, Holding and even Smith-Rowe being injured as we have a thread bare squad in terms of quality.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm
In Guardiola's first season at City he went six games without a win, got spanked 4-0 by Everton and lost 2-0 to the Spuds and his future as a manager in England was being called into doubt. They also let in six goals over two legs to a shit Monaco team to get knocked out of the last 16 of the CL

In Klopp's first few months as manager Liverpool lost at home to Crystal Palace, lost 2-0 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Watford, 2-0 to West Ham, 2-0 to Leicester, and 3-1 to Swansea

In Pochettino's first few months he lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool, 0-1 to West Brom, got spanked 4-1 at Man City, 3-0 at Chelsea and 3-0 at Man United

Yeah, lets chuck Unai out after one bad result as clearly proven above, one terrible result (or even a run of three or four games) means he must be an absolute dud

I really cannot believe some of the stuff being spewed on here - yes emery has made some very bad mistakes since he arrived and yes he should be criticised for those, but some c.unts on here are looking for him to be fcuked out already and that is beyond fcuking braindead :roll: :oops: :oops:

No-one can deny that today's performance was appalling and almost as bad as any we have seen in recent seasons - I knew we would get a thumping, but I expected us to show some guts and go down fighting, but of course we were ball-less :roll: :oops: I wasnt happy with the team that was picked to start, but there are things like guts and pride that players are expected to show regardless of who the manager is, and it is too easy to lay the blame for everything at emery's door.
Realistically what were fans expecting this season ? For the most part we have played with much higher levels of passion and commitment than we have seen in a long time, and that is something we all said we wanted. Is it possible that a lot of our players (not just torreira) are running on empty right now, and that is leading to performances like we have seen recently ? Many people have said in recent years that playing the high energy gameplan has impacted fitness levels for the victims under klopp (and to a lesser degree citeeh under pep), so why would it not affect us ? We have a much thinner squad than any of our "rivals", and we have suffered a lot through injuries so we are having to play mostly the same 13 or 14 players every game

What is really sickening my arsehole though, is that some of the clowns on here already writing emery off, are the same c.unts that defended wenger for years of abject ineptitude :roll:
Oh dear, obviously the rolling eyes emoji has worn thin like your hair so now you're cunting fellow gooners who have a different opinion to yours, now normally the mods would reprimand you for your obvious aggressive behaviour :roll: :wink: :barscarf: :oops: :cussing: :evil: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 am
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
In Guardiola's first season at City he went six games without a win, got spanked 4-0 by Everton and lost 2-0 to the Spuds and his future as a manager in England was being called into doubt. They also let in six goals over two legs to a shit Monaco team to get knocked out of the last 16 of the CL

In Klopp's first few months as manager Liverpool lost at home to Crystal Palace, lost 2-0 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Watford, 2-0 to West Ham, 2-0 to Leicester, and 3-1 to Swansea

In Pochettino's first few months he lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool, 0-1 to West Brom, got spanked 4-1 at Man City, 3-0 at Chelsea and 3-0 at Man United

Yeah, lets chuck Unai out after one bad result as clearly proven above, one terrible result (or even a run of three or four games) means he must be an absolute dud

I really cannot believe some of the stuff being spewed on here - yes emery has made some very bad mistakes since he arrived and yes he should be criticised for those, but some c.unts on here are looking for him to be fcuked out already and that is beyond fcuking braindead :roll: :oops: :oops:

No-one can deny that today's performance was appalling and almost as bad as any we have seen in recent seasons - I knew we would get a thumping, but I expected us to show some guts and go down fighting, but of course we were ball-less :roll: :oops: I wasnt happy with the team that was picked to start, but there are things like guts and pride that players are expected to show regardless of who the manager is, and it is too easy to lay the blame for everything at emery's door.
Realistically what were fans expecting this season ? For the most part we have played with much higher levels of passion and commitment than we have seen in a long time, and that is something we all said we wanted. Is it possible that a lot of our players (not just torreira) are running on empty right now, and that is leading to performances like we have seen recently ? Many people have said in recent years that playing the high energy gameplan has impacted fitness levels for the victims under klopp (and to a lesser degree citeeh under pep), so why would it not affect us ? We have a much thinner squad than any of our "rivals", and we have suffered a lot through injuries so we are having to play mostly the same 13 or 14 players every game

What is really sickening my arsehole though, is that some of the clowns on here already writing emery off, are the same c.unts that defended wenger for years of abject ineptitude :roll:
Oh dear, obviously the rolling eyes emoji has worn thin like your hair so now you're cunting fellow gooners who have a different opinion to yours, now normally the mods would reprimand you for your obvious aggressive behaviour :roll: :wink: :barscarf: :oops: :cussing: :evil: :D
Can you pair of tarts put it away please? :wink:

We don't mind people having a blow out on here mate and we don't mind a bit of generalised swearing etc (been known to do it myself on occasion :wink: ) as this forum has always been a place for people to let off steam. We do however ask that personal insults and personal abuse (where posters are bring abusive to other individual posters or targeting individuals) be kept off the forum.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Having rewatched the highlights with less rage boiling away I think both their pennos were dives. Salah deffo dived and the other one was "soft" at best but for me it was a dive. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:34 am

1. It is not an entirely false narrative - read back on this thread and the emery thread, and you will see a fair number of cocks writing emery off already :roll:

2. I get the tactical argument that you make, but tell me how we could sit in with the players we have available :? Our shocking lack of centre back options has seen emery rush back 2 clearly unfit lads (kos and mustafi), and has also forced him to play a centre midfielder (xhaka) and a full back (lichsteiner) in there :oops: I would suggest that leaving ozil out is an attempt to sit in and play more workers for the team - whether that is working or not is another matter

3. The lacazette situation is something I agree with you 100% BUT, as I said previously, I think that he is leaving him out and picking lard arse to try and give the team some width - that for me is a tactical decision, and we have all wanted a manager willing to make decisions based on tactics. The problem here of course, is that this tactical decision means playing one of the worst and laziest attacking players to have played for us in recent years. The other alternative is playing laca centrally and playing auba wide, and while that beats playing iwobi anywhere, I still dont like playing auba on the wing cos he is wasted there

As I said many times, emery is far from brainless here, but he has been left with a shit squad low on quality and it will take more than 4 months to rectify

augie

Post by augie »

I was cunted on here for a long time by some dicks that defended the french cock through years of ineptitude - if cunting them back gets me a ban or whatever, I can live with that 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:51 pm
I was cunted on here for a long time by some dicks that defended the french cock through years of ineptitude - if cunting them back gets me a ban or whatever, I can live with that 8)
Fuck me sideways you've morphed from nostradamus to che Guevara in 2 days :roll: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:58 am
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Can you pair of tarts put it away please? :wink:

We don't mind people having a blow out on here mate and we don't mind a bit of generalised swearing etc (been known to do it myself on occasion :wink: ) as this forum has always been a place for people to let off steam. We do however ask that personal insults and personal abuse (where posters are bring abusive to other individual posters or targeting individuals) be kept off the forum.
It's just banter mate, I like augie really :barscarf:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The lack of respect for this Liverpool team and its manager by a couple of people on here is pretty pathetic.

Yes, we all know about the 'victim' thing and I have been as cynical as anyone about chips on the shoulders of scousers down the years. Liverpool sides from previous eras have also had their share of players who are fully deserving of abuse (Souness, Aldridge and others). No more than most teams, and fewer than United, I'd suggest.

But for the life of me I don't see what there is to doubt about the quality of this Liverpool team, or to dislike about them (ok so Salah wins the odd soft penalty.....Bobby Pires v Portsmouth in the Invincibles season, anyone?) For them to be even challenging this phenomenal City squad for the title is an achievement.

Similarly, on both a personal and professional level, what is there not to like or admire about Klopp? If we had got him three years ago instead of hanging on to Inspector Clueless, I suspect we would now be a lot closer to where they are. Granted, he would not have persuaded Kronke to give him big money for a goalkeeper and centre-back, but he would nonetheless have bought much better players below that bracket than those we bought. (Mustafi, Xhaka, Mane and Salah all cost about £35 million.) He would also have got much more out of the team as a coherent unit.

Those who are (reasonably) defending Dick against this performance and result can't have it both ways. It's true that he hasn't had enough time to turn around the mess he inherited, especially in defence, but if there were progress then we shouldn't be so thoroughly outplayed by any opposition.....unless they are an exceptional team. I would accept that they are, but if you disagree then you really need to ask yourself why Emery should not be under the microscope. Pick a lane.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.