Dippers A Sat 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Dippers A Sat 1730

Post by Nos89 »

The dust has settled a bit and I have faith in Emery to take Arsenal up a couple of levels. His post match interview didn't blame the ref for giving two soft penalties and not give us one unlike his predecessor used to. He seemed mightily fucked off and embarrassed with his defence. He has had a massive impact on the squad already and that 22 match unbeaten run seems a long time ago but it did show signs of promise and that's what we need to look at.

The point about the coaching side of the defence Michael owen hit the nail on the head and put keown in his place when keown suggested that the coaching was to blame by saying "you learn how to defend when you're 8,9 and 10 not when you're 28 and playing in the premier league, its quality that Arsenal need". Also, time for Bould to go. He's had a few months to coach the defence and clearly he's not good enough.

I'm now looking at Mislintat to deliver. If he had a fall out with klopp at dortmund he should've been embarrassed by that defensive performance and go out and get us some real quality, and kroenke needs to stump up the cash. If this doesn't happen then we might as well bring allardyce or moyes in next season because that is where we are heading.

Not sure what the issue is with lacazette but there has to be something as he's still not being picked for the french national team. Has emery seen the same thing deschamp did that led to him being left out the world cup squad. It's a telling sign that we now have a defensive unit that are no longer involved in the international teams, an indication on the lack of quality we have.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:36 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:26 pm
The lack of respect for this Liverpool team and its manager by a couple of people on here is pretty pathetic.

Yes, we all know about the 'victim' thing and I have been as cynical as anyone about chips on the shoulders of scousers down the years. Liverpool sides from previous eras have also had their share of players who are fully deserving of abuse (Souness, Aldridge and others). No more than most teams, and fewer than United, I'd suggest.

But for the life of me I don't see what there is to doubt about the quality of this Liverpool team, or to dislike about them (ok so Salah wins the odd soft penalty.....Bobby Pires v Portsmouth in the Invincibles season, anyone?) For them to be even challenging this phenomenal City squad for the title is an achievement.

Similarly, on both a personal and professional level, what is there not to like or admire about Klopp? If we had got him three years ago instead of hanging on to Inspector Clueless, I suspect we would now be a lot closer to where they are. Granted, he would not have persuaded Kronke to give him big money for a goalkeeper and centre-back, but he would nonetheless have bought much better players below that bracket than those we bought. Mustafi, Xhaka, Mane and Salah all cost about £35 million. Enough said.

and got so much more from the team as a whole.

Those who are (reasonably) defending Dick against this performance and result can't have it both ways. It's true that he hasn't had enough time to turn around the mess he inherited, especially in defence, but if there were progress then we shouldn't be so thoroughly outplayed by any opposition.....unless they are an exceptional team. I would accept that they are, but if you disagree then you really need to ask yourself why Emery should not be under the microscope. Pick a lane.
Klopp is as unlikeable as they come....I remember DB always having a go at Conte & Klopp as being media whores. I always felt deep down, that with Conte it was genuine, in the moment Italian passion, which he seemed sheepish about afterward.

Not so with Klopp...everything he does is calculated and spotlight seeking, everything to get the baying victims on his side....that business of not talking to the Sun, deliberately swearing on air at the post match, running onto the field in the Everton game...look at me, look at me......look at me. Always trying to ingratiate himself with the "never walk alone" morons.

About the only thing that could make that club worse than what is already was, is Klopp. As DB said, the whole club is built on cuntiness.

As for "what is not to like about Klopp" on a personal level......My answer would be everything
Not sure what the personal hatred for Klopp is tbh aside from he is the manager of the victims. If the Arsenal board had any balls and got rid of Wenger in 2014, and replaced him with Klopp we would all be besides ourselves right now. Maybe Klopp with less money would not have hit the heights he has at pool, but for sure we would be in a better place now.

The guy is amongst a new breed of managers putting out some of the best football the PL has seen since the Invincibles. There is a reason why Manure got rid of Maureen, they can see he like Wenger was getting left behind.

This sort of thing winds me up the most though about Arsenal in the Social Media age, a day after a thumping at pool DT pictured with Leno after having a facetime chat. Seems like they met up at South Mimms. Emery should have a word imo and not allow access to our players for pricks like DT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsA6ro_BkzL/
People on here have seem to forgotten this Liverpool team was built on the sales of two player Suarez and Countiho. The liverpool board haven't stumped up £130m for the two players that have mede the difference. Problem we've got, we haven't got players in the squad that could get us a decent transfer so we could reinvest in the quality we need. The other top5 clubs do have players they could sell for £70m +, we don't. Reiss Nelson on current form and potential would be our most valueable player in the transfer market.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:29 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:36 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:26 pm
The lack of respect for this Liverpool team and its manager by a couple of people on here is pretty pathetic.

Yes, we all know about the 'victim' thing and I have been as cynical as anyone about chips on the shoulders of scousers down the years. Liverpool sides from previous eras have also had their share of players who are fully deserving of abuse (Souness, Aldridge and others). No more than most teams, and fewer than United, I'd suggest.

But for the life of me I don't see what there is to doubt about the quality of this Liverpool team, or to dislike about them (ok so Salah wins the odd soft penalty.....Bobby Pires v Portsmouth in the Invincibles season, anyone?) For them to be even challenging this phenomenal City squad for the title is an achievement.

Similarly, on both a personal and professional level, what is there not to like or admire about Klopp? If we had got him three years ago instead of hanging on to Inspector Clueless, I suspect we would now be a lot closer to where they are. Granted, he would not have persuaded Kronke to give him big money for a goalkeeper and centre-back, but he would nonetheless have bought much better players below that bracket than those we bought. Mustafi, Xhaka, Mane and Salah all cost about £35 million. Enough said.

and got so much more from the team as a whole.

Those who are (reasonably) defending Dick against this performance and result can't have it both ways. It's true that he hasn't had enough time to turn around the mess he inherited, especially in defence, but if there were progress then we shouldn't be so thoroughly outplayed by any opposition.....unless they are an exceptional team. I would accept that they are, but if you disagree then you really need to ask yourself why Emery should not be under the microscope. Pick a lane.
Klopp is as unlikeable as they come....I remember DB always having a go at Conte & Klopp as being media whores. I always felt deep down, that with Conte it was genuine, in the moment Italian passion, which he seemed sheepish about afterward.

Not so with Klopp...everything he does is calculated and spotlight seeking, everything to get the baying victims on his side....that business of not talking to the Sun, deliberately swearing on air at the post match, running onto the field in the Everton game...look at me, look at me......look at me. Always trying to ingratiate himself with the "never walk alone" morons.

About the only thing that could make that club worse than what is already was, is Klopp. As DB said, the whole club is built on cuntiness.

As for "what is not to like about Klopp" on a personal level......My answer would be everything
Not sure what the personal hatred for Klopp is tbh aside from he is the manager of the victims. If the Arsenal board had any balls and got rid of Wenger in 2014, and replaced him with Klopp we would all be besides ourselves right now. Maybe Klopp with less money would not have hit the heights he has at pool, but for sure we would be in a better place now.

The guy is amongst a new breed of managers putting out some of the best football the PL has seen since the Invincibles. There is a reason why Manure got rid of Maureen, they can see he like Wenger was getting left behind.

This sort of thing winds me up the most though about Arsenal in the Social Media age, a day after a thumping at pool DT pictured with Leno after having a facetime chat. Seems like they met up at South Mimms. Emery should have a word imo and not allow access to our players for pricks like DT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsA6ro_BkzL/
People on here have seem to forgotten this Liverpool team was built on the sales of two player Suarez and Countiho. The liverpool board haven't stumped up £130m for the two players that have mede the difference. Problem we've got, we haven't got players in the squad that could get us a decent transfer so we could reinvest in the quality we need. The other top5 clubs do have players they could sell for £70m +, we don't. Reiss Nelson on current form and potential would be our most valueable player in the transfer market.
Its about identifying what we need, who we need, then going out and getting them.....we needed to replace Viera for years yet the first time we spent really serious money, Wenger spent it on Ozil...likewise the panicked trolley dash after the 8-2 when we ended up with Mertersacker. Look at the money spent over the years, then look at who we actually have.

I actually think Ramsey will fetch decent money......people rate him, God knows why, but they do. We really need 2 world class CB's, with perhaps one of them taking over the captaincy on a permanent basis. Emery seems to have adopted the Wenger approach to passing around the armband in order to lift a players game.

I'm not convinced by Leno either, but maybe...hopefully, he will get better behind a more stable and assured defence???? It's no excuse for his "howlers" but it must be absolutely nerve wracking having that lot in front of you. When crosses come over he must feel his goal is under as much threat from our defence as it is from the opposition front line.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Saturday was truly awful,we have one of the worst back lines in the league :oops: utter utter shite.What a pile of shite that bastard left us..a squad low on quality and high on salary..one of the few sellable assets Ramsey leaving on a free aswell..it doesn't bode well for fuck moving forward as I can't see wiggy parting with much cash to improve us.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 fair point about those two sales. Although they do show that he took over a team with two absolutely top drawer players.

Beyond that, it showed that the board backed him on both. They got them both tied down to long-term deals and when Barcelona came steaming in they bled them dry.

Had it been us then we would have undoubtedly sold Suárez for 40m when he wanted to join us, rather than him nearly winning them the league and then getting nearly double that. Coutinho would have been sold the summer that Barca came in for at most half of what he went for.

Everybody knows that Wenger didn’t have any appetite for conflict so was happy to sell wantaway players, but wonder what would happen if Aubameyang wanted to leave and Emery wanted to to tell him to fuck off because he’s an Arsenal player.

augie

Post by augie »

I know that our defence was woeful (again) on saturday, but does no-one else feel that our midfield seem to have been given a free pass for their "efforts" on saturday ? I thought that almost all of our team were shocking in the game, but our midfield was woeful, and the victims pissed through us (and that aint no top midfield line-up of theirs).

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:51 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am
John Alridge in today's Sunday World newspaper published here in Ireland said in his column he took great pleasure in us taking a hiding because of us winning the league back in 89,so that sums these scum up to a tee,so when I come on here and read people defending these dirty shower of scum is beyond believe,cos of these murdering scum English clubs got a 5 year ban, which affected us and everton ,now we will never know if we could have gone on to win the European Cup in that time,we were denied that chance ,which potentialially might have changed our history, we will never know ,but fuck them and their dirty shower of scum fans, by far the most loathsome club in English football.
That man is a piece of shit *word censored* who sums up every fucking reason why people hate that shit stain of a club. Just think back to what that penalty missing *word censored* did in 1989 to Brian Laws in that re-arranged semi final, ruffling his hair after he scored an own goal. The whole football world made an effort to respect their dead that they themselves had killed and he took the piss out of an opposition player. The *word censored* didn't quite like it though when Tony Adams went up to him and said: "That's for Brian Laws" a few minutes after we won the league there. The *word censored* is an absolute *word censored* of a human being. Typical scouse loud-mouthed shit *word censored* of a prick.
PerryAsburtonGroves - wasn’t aware that Adams said that, do you know that to be true or are you using artistic licence ?
But yes Aldridge is a :censored:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

To be honest, we had it coming.....
The 4-2 win against the scum was a great performance and result, but to be honest, we had winged it for quite a few other games before that win. We got what was due to us, because of our piss poor defence in the main.
Is Bould still a cone man, or does he have any input in training? I really had hoped that he would have changed an awful lot about the way we defend. I can't be having Bellerin at all,,,,,,oh, how I yearn for the days when the Barcawhores wanted to pay 40 mil for him.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
John Alridge in today's Sunday World newspaper published here in Ireland said in his column he took great pleasure in us taking a hiding because of us winning the league back in 89,so that sums these scum up to a tee,so when I come on here and read people defending these dirty shower of scum is beyond believe,cos of these murdering scum English clubs got a 5 year ban, which affected us and everton ,now we will never know if we could have gone on to win the European Cup in that time,we were denied that chance ,which potentialially might have changed our history, we will never know ,but fuck them and their dirty shower of scum fans, by far the most loathsome club in English football.
That man is a piece of shit *word censored* who sums up every fucking reason why people hate that shit stain of a club. Just think back to what that penalty missing *word censored* did in 1989 to Brian Laws in that re-arranged semi final, ruffling his hair after he scored an own goal. The whole football world made an effort to respect their dead that they themselves had killed and he took the piss out of an opposition player. The *word censored* didn't quite like it though when Tony Adams went up to him and said: "That's for Brian Laws" a few minutes after we won the league there. The *word censored* is an absolute *word censored* of a human being. Typical scouse loud-mouthed shit *word censored* of a prick.
PerryAsburtonGroves - wasn’t aware that Adams said that, do you know that to be true or are you using artistic licence ?
I remember reading it in Adams' book Addicted and Stuart Pearce apparently mentions it in his one too. I wasn't aware of it, but apparently Adams is a bit of a hero amongst Forest fans for doing it. What a total fucking prick that fucking Aldridge is.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:52 pm
StuartL wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I remember reading it in Adams' book Addicted and Stuart Pearce apparently mentions it in his one too. I wasn't aware of it, but apparently Adams is a bit of a hero amongst Forest fans for doing it. What a total fucking prick that fucking Aldridge is.
Cheers, will have a look through Addicted again then.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Some great responses on here to the absolutely fucking idiotic notion of respecting the fake attention seeking media whore Klopp and the mouser scum. Well played a few of you.

As for the clowns eulogising the bloke that has lost 6 out of 7 major finals as some kind of elite managerial genius and who has not yet actually won anything with the murdering victim scum pull your fucking heads in ffs you are embarrassing everyone. :oops: :lol:

Only a modern JCL social media moron Sawker fan could think Klopp has a single genuine bone in his body. Go watch one of his numerous adverts and have a wànk to cool off. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
True that TA6 said it. Loved him for that. Aldridge is a bitter fucking tosser and well known in Dublin for being an ignorant cùnt.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 am
StuartL wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
True that TA6 said it. Loved him for that. Aldridge is a bitter fucking tosser and well known in Dublin for being an ignorant cùnt.
True DaT:

https://seatpitch.co.uk/2015/04/10/25-r ... orest-fan/

21 down on the n.forest fan web:

21. John Aldridge
It’s a Forest fan’s mission to remind the world that Aldridge is not a ‘cheeky chappie’ but, in fact, the classless moron who ruffled Brian Laws’ hair after an own goal in the 1989 FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool. Folklore has it that Tony Adams said ‘that’s for Brian Laws’ to ‘Aldo’ after Arsenal pipped Liverpool to the title in revenge for the act. Nice one Tony. In recent times it has become a sport for some Forest fans to become blocked by Aldridge on Twitter for sending him a picture of the Laws moment. Well worth a try if you’re in the mood.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Aldridge took exception to David O 'Leary's attempts to console him at Anfield that night. He is a purebred tool..Arrogant c*nt who hates Arsenal .

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

fuck the diving scum of the norf.

we gifted them two goals and they dived about for the rest.