Murdering West Ham filth (A) 12/01 @12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Murdering West Ham filth (A) 12/01 @12:30

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Emery bashers out in force I see. You'll get your wish soon when he gets sufficiently fucked off with the club
So please let us know who is telling Dick he must play Xhaka every week?
Is Iwobi really worth starting most games?

Why does the team fail so miserably in the first 45 mins every game - could it be poor team selection/tactics from the start?

I want Dick to be a sucess but he's making it hard to defend him on some fronts, yes he inherited a really shit squad but one thing you don't do is continually pick poorly performing players, even when you have injuries FFS!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hopefully to keep them fit so we can sell the useless fuckers this transfer window

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 pm
Emery bashers out in force I see. You'll get your wish soon when he gets sufficiently fucked off with the club
Do you think he’s made any progress in the 6 months he’s been in charge? I’m not talking about him magically turning us into the Harlem globetrotters overnight just something he’s implemented that has improved us.

Genuinely interested to hear people’s thoughts.
Just typed out a response to you but the fucking computer / internet lost interest in all things Arsenal and gave up on me.

It will probably turn up somewhere on here or the interweb as a half finished piece of wisdom.

The abbreviated version is no there has not been much improvement at all but we are in a much worse state than perhaps we or Dick initially thought. Who else is there who could do a better job given the circumstances?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:57 pm
So please let us know who is telling Dick he must play Xhaka every week?
Is Iwobi really worth starting most games?
Why does the team fail so miserably in the first 45 mins every game - could it be poor team selection/tactics from the start?

I want Dick to be a sucess but he's making it hard to defend him on some fronts, yes he inherited a really shit squad but one thing you don't do is continually pick poorly performing players, even when you have injuries FFS!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'd say he plays Xhaka because the alternatives are just as bad, if not worse. You got your wish when he took Xhaka off, but Guendouzi was West Ham's best player today. Hammers didn't need a midfield destroyer; Guendouzi destroyed plenty of our attacks all by himself :oops:

Also, as much as he annoys me, Iwobi is pretty much our only attacking, wide player these days. Yes he's shite, but so are the alternatives. I'd have preferred we signed Nasri on a free for the season that continue with what we've got :oops:

I want Emery do be a success too and I'll give him time, but he's not had the impact I'd hoped. In fact, he's had no impact whatsoever if we're being honest. If anything, he's made us weaker defensively (31 goals against in 22 games.... :oops: ) and less creative and easy on the eye by isolating Ramsey and Ozil; both of which are on course for their worse ever seasons at the club. Shame really as we need them badly. :cry:

Hopefully the UEFA Cup goes well and we can sneak into the CL that way. The league has gone.

Emery needs backing from the club. He's not going to get far with these players... especially as he doesn't seem to be able to improve them collectively. That's most worrying.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Do you think he’s made any progress in the 6 months he’s been in charge? I’m not talking about him magically turning us into the Harlem globetrotters overnight just something he’s implemented that has improved us.

Just typed out a response to you but the fucking computer / internet lost interest in all things Arsenal and gave up on me.

It will probably turn up somewhere on here or the interweb as a half finished piece of wisdom.

The abbreviated version is no there has not been much improvement at all but we are in a much worse state than perhaps we or Dick initially thought. Who else is there who could do a better job given the circumstances?
Yup pretty much this :(

The bare facts show no progress at all but there are other problems as we know

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Jock Gooner wrote:

A more defensively minded manager would have been my choice; maybe it was a pipe dream but Allegri seemed like he had some interest if we had moved for him either in summer 2017 or last summer.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

A more defensively minded manager would have been my choice; maybe it was a pipe dream but Allegri seemed like he had some interest if we had moved for him either in summer 2017 or last summer.

Yeah Allegri was a popular choice on here with most and was linked with us but wasn't he reported as calling managing us as "impossible". Allegri knew that Stan wasn't going to invest and he could see that wenker had created a clusterfuck so as much as Allegri wants to manage in the PL (all the reports with an English phrase book) he wasn't going to put himself in the position that Dick now finds himself in. Who is the smarter of the two....... :lol:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 pm
On the plus side, that's my weekends back again until the resumption of the FA Cup and we might be out of that on a Friday

Honestly - if the owner can't be arsed with the PL then why should I

See you at the end of the month chaps and again in Feburary when the Europa starts again
Yes time to make a point of visiting the in laws when league games are on again.

Fuck off Wiggy *word censored*

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 pm
On the plus side, that's my weekends back again until the resumption of the FA Cup and we might be out of that on a Friday

Honestly - if the owner can't be arsed with the PL then why should I

See you at the end of the month chaps and again in Feburary when the Europa starts again
Yes time to make a point of visiting the in laws when league games are on again.

Fuck off Wiggy *word censored*

Visiting the outlaws....really.....it's not that bad yet is it. We'd have to go relegation places before I considered that option :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

rodders999 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

The pressing teams hard all over the pitch was progress during the unbeaten run but that has just dissapeared which is dissapointing ,but the fella has only been a premiership manager for 6 months and even Guardiola needed more than 12 months to adapt and get that City squad playing his way

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

The pressing teams hard all over the pitch was progress during the unbeaten run but that has just dissapeared which is dissapointing ,but the fella has only been a premiership manager for 6 months and even Guardiola needed more than 12 months to adapt and get that City squad playing his way

Sorry mate but the whole pressing game during the unbeaten run is an urban myth. The number of times we have pressed as a team from the front this season I could count on the thumbs of one hand.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Apologies to all for my ramblings this afternoon but I've got the fucking serious hump - fucking west ham ffs.

Going to lie down in a darkened room for a bit.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:34 pm
herbert wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

Sorry mate but the whole pressing game during the unbeaten run is an urban myth. The number of times we have pressed as a team from the front this season I could count on the thumbs of one hand.
we will have to disagree mate,during that run off games at the start of the season I saw this team in the oppos faces,today it was the other way round,
Last edited by herbert on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTG

Post by GTG »

In the beginning he has us working harder and running a lot further. The stats back that up and the second half performances backed that up. The players looked fitter and the camp looked happier.

That's all gone now. The energy has gone from the game. There's fuck all creativity out there. There doesn't seem to be any preparation for the opposition and no organisation which were 2 of the things we all wanted to see.

Yes these players are shit and there are some bad eggs that need removing but you still can't see where the work is being done on the training field. Emerys does not deserve a free pass on that because he's been here long enough now.

This season is going to go belly up In the league and itd be refreshing to see him fuck Xhaka iwobi etc off and give the youth a go.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Still a few people blinded by the fact that UE is not AW and therefore defending him to the hilt, yes he has inherited a bunch of shit players, yes he has a shite owner in charge but the bare facts are we are defending worse under UE than we did under AW last season but unbelievably we actually 'strengthened' our spine during the summer.

I hate Wenger as much as anyone on here but i am less than impressed with his replacement, as i've said time and time again he is not learning. A lot of goals we concede are from tactical issues not from individual faults by players (although there are plenty of those too), i watched closely today and any time we got the ball and came at WH they bust their balls to get back into shape, any time they got the ball and came at us our players were running about like headless chickens with no shape pr attempt to get back into the lines necessary and that problem falls squarely on what the manager is telling them to do.

Yes UE was left with a lot of shit to sort out and anyone who can't see that is a fool but you cannot keep letting his mistakes fall back into the lap of the previous manager, after all how often did people makes excuses for AW year after year and look where that left us.

UE needs to alter his philosphy and get us defending or we might slip further, this is not La Liga or Ligue Une where your rivals are maybe 3 teams, near enough every team in the PL is capable of turning you over on their day.

These players are capable of playing like they did against the Spuds or in the Fulham away match but for whatever reason they are unable to do it consistently the manager is unable to get the best out of them consistently, very much like Wenger and that worries me, because it calls into question some of the things we blamed Wenger for if the players are doing it under a different manager

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:34 pm
herbert wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:

I remember the comments by numerous commentators and pundits whilst listening (mainly 5 Live) saying how we had adopted a High Pressing Game (for at least the first 10 - 12 games) however that 'Pressing'; which requires all the players to be supremely 'fit' has fallen away - Perhaps the players are feeling the strain of doing so.
In that they were found to be unfit after the easier ride they had under wenger. In pre-season Emery increased the training sessions and the duration of those sessions whilst having them work on his pressing & breaking game, he had players study DVD's of opposition teams andDVD's of the tactics he was requiring, also reading various books about Positivism and Tactical Formations, so they could adopt either 3 or 4 in the back-line.
So for me there was: An improvement in attitude.
In the levels of fitness
The actual performances of a number of players who were very poor last season
The sense of there being an improved team spirit.

However, those improvements seem to be on the wane; Torreira was superb when he was eventually played from the start 6 or 7 games in I think and everybody was raving about him - He seems to be showing signs of tiredness; which perhaps is understandable as it's his first season in the Prem.
Iwobi showed more confidence in his skills and in his playing choices, again that has gone, even Xhaka showed improvement, sadly that too has ended.

I would agree with those questioning why? Emery is playing the likes of Xhaka and Koscielny; both shyte most of the time, though that can also be aimed at Mustafi and Ozil.
We all recognise Ozil has superb skills but unless played in the correct position in the right team and allowed to play 'his way' he becomes a burden to the team.

I recall when Wenger went and Emery came in all Gooners agreeing and saying 'he will need time' (2 - 3 seasons) THAT for me still stands, but we now find ourselves having to face the blunt truth and the sharp end of that statement and situation, some are bailing out already (pussies), some rightly are asking why does he keep playing Xhaka and Iwobi? Perhaps things are worse than we first imagined.

And what makes this all the more frustrating and depressing is the FACT that Kroenke won't be digging deep come the summer, so that initial 'give him 2 -3 seasons' is the Reality. It stinks but hey! That is down to WengerCUNTSlop and The Board not Emery.

I just hope Arsenal fans are brave and sensible enough to get through these awful times AND to lay the blame at the door of Kroenke and The Board (and WengerCUNTSlop) instead of Unai Emery - Even when his choices and tactics seem odd; at least till he has had 3 seasons, then if it hasn't improved to the point where we can see the improvements, then we might be justified in asking for a change in management. But, even then any new manager is going to have to operate on the pathetic shoe string finances that that CUNTT Wig wearing Kroenke is making available.