Murdering West Ham filth (A) 12/01 @12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Murdering West Ham filth (A) 12/01 @12:30

Post by SteveO 35 »

The most disappointing aspect of this game for me was what we did WITH the ball rather than without it which is the normal gripe. In fairness when Holding was fit I think Dick had just started getting the defence sorted out a bit - not perfect by any stretch but more solid than last year for sure. Since then there has been an endless list of injuries to an already flaky unit which has seen him have to send out any number of patched up backlines. It hardly surprises me therefore that we've looked shit at the back

However, yesterday we had Lacazette and Aubameyang out there which everyone has been craving for ages and a midfield minus any creativity and Torreira and we just looked absolutely flat. I couldn't see us scoring a goal at any point.....and that against a West Ham defence that will take some mullerings this season. Fuck me, I reckon in my mid-40s beer gut state I'm as quick as Zabaleta :banghead:

I don't get the Lacazette love in at all - never have. People tell me he works hard. Fuck me he was as lazy as fuck yesterday - barely made a run and was woeful when he had the ball. Not saying he was the only one but everyone has wanted him out there for 90 minutes and he contributed fuck all

Torreira at least adds an injection of life when he comes on. If you watch him he passes the ball and moves sharply.......unlike a number yesterday who passed it and then sat back admiring their work

Don't want to completely come down on Guendouzi as he's a young lad finding his way but he's so irresponsible in possession its untrue - of course, he shouldn't really be a regular at a PL club supposedly with CL ambitions and it says a lot that he is

General

Post by General »

Guendouzi has definitely played far too much football for a young player in a new league. Not sure where Dick is going with him because the lad absolutely wrecks the shape in midfield with his tendency to dwell on the ball and lack of urgency. As you say, Torreira is very crisp with his distribution and definitely more decisive. As much as I think Xhaka is pants we had a better chance of finding a goal with him on the pitch than curly wurly.

The subs was effectively doing the same thing and expecting a different result. There was total disconnect between midfield and attack, the ball was not sticking upfront and the defence was a sitting duck. If Dick is as rigorous with his video analysis like we’re made to believe then surely he can see these issues. He tried to win the game from wide areas when West Ham were already 1-0up and sitting deep with no space to exploit. Bellerín did not make a single run to the byline. All the build up play was happening in front of the opposition, and with no runners from deep they saw out the game comfortably. The only occasion we had a CB run from deep we found a goal albeit chalked off got offside.

Things could unravel very quickly if Dick doesn’t get to the bottom of these fundamental footballing issues very quickly. He needs at least 2seasons to sort out the wreckage the great Arsene Wenger left behind but there has to be a sense of direction and some emerging identity to the rehabilitation process. I would question whether he has taken the club’s publicly expressed wish to continue with Wonga’s footballing philosophy literally.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 am
Ray C wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 am
Shit performance. Iwobly then Ramsey were decent today which in itself is a worry. One is not rated & the other is going. What about the others ?. Very sluggish & looked disinterested today. There will be more days like this coming up. Even 6th may be a battle later in the season. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Agree on Iwobi yesterday , in thr first half he had three good chances to play in players, two to his left and one to his right, but he was indecisive and lost the ball each time. Second half he was the only Arsenal player who seemed to have any energy and drive. He is not a great player but he was the only one , apart from Lacazette early in the game, that can come out with some credit. However as stated above if Iwobi is your best player then it's worrying.

Absolutely zero football intelligence, and I am even being generous to him there :roll: :oops: :oops: On at least 2 occasions in the first half we had a chance to catch them on the counter attack, but the stupid b.astard was incapable of getting his head up and turning his head to move the ball to a well placed team-mate, and instead played the ball in the direction he was facing and thus slowed down our counter attack :cussing: :cussing:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Spent six hours driving back from Newcastle to Cardiff - sounds like I did well avoiding this.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Comedy Iwobi "showed a bit of energy". :roll: :lol:

Sorry lads but so fucking what? Robbie fucking Savage used to "show a bit of energy". A useless unintelligent cùnt with no skills or vision or end product is still just a useless unintelligent cùnt with no skills or vision or end product, no matter how much pointless running around he does ffs. :roll:

We were simply awful yesterday. And against one of the shittest teams in the PL. :oops:

We created nothing from midfield. We never do when Ozil doesn't play. Love him, hate him, be indifferent to him, but the fact is he is our only truly top level creative player. We create nothing without him, but equally worrying we do not retain enough posession without him. He's not a dynamic ball winning midfielder, but he is intelligent and helps us retain posession and limit oppo attacks. If Dick does not rate him or think he fits whatever system Dick is trying to implement then Dick needs to prioritise finding that midfielder that can do that job because as bad as we are at the back we are also terrible in the middle without Ozil, and are not only not creating but also conceding posession and putting extra pressure on our already shit incapable defence.

If Boomerang and Lacazette are pissed off about the Ozil situation (and both looked pissed off about something yesterday) then I'd say it's not some silly shit like mentioned above about them being upset by their "mate" being dropped, but rather they are sick to their holes of trying to feed off the scraps and utter shit that the likes of Comedy Iwobi is feeding them. Top strikers need top players to create chances for them.

Dick needs time to sort this mess. We can give him time. But frighteningly equally he needs the one thing it looks like he cannot get.... money.

Fuck off Wiggy Racoon Features you cùnt.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

people can say we create nothing with ozil but did he feature in the the 5-1 threashing of fulham - or the 4-2 thrashing against the scum? its not about him, its about the style of play and many times this and last season we've looked lacklustre with him in the team. ironically the one time i felt he was making a big impression on the pitch this season was at brighton in the first half and emery subbed him off for the lanky gervinho.

personally i think we need him starting, but i don't believe the lack of creativity in the team is solely down to whether he plays or not

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 am

Sorry lads but so fucking what? Robbie fucking Savage used to "show a bit of energy". A useless unintelligent cùnt with no skills or vision or end product is still just a useless unintelligent cùnt with no skills or vision or end product, no matter how much pointless running around he does ffs. :roll:

We were simply awful yesterday. And against one of the shittest teams in the PL. :oops:

We created nothing from midfield. We never do when Ozil doesn't play. Love him, hate him, be indifferent to him, but the fact is he is our only truly top level creative player. We create nothing without him, but equally worrying we do not retain enough posession without him. He's not a dynamic ball winning midfielder, but he is intelligent and helps us retain posession and limit oppo attacks. If Dick does not rate him or think he fits whatever system Dick is trying to implement then Dick needs to prioritise finding that midfielder that can do that job because as bad as we are at the back we are also terrible in the middle without Ozil, and are not only not creating but also conceding posession and putting extra pressure on our already shit incapable defence.

If Boomerang and Lacazette are pissed off about the Ozil situation (and both looked pissed off about something yesterday) then I'd say it's not some silly shit like mentioned above about them being upset by their "mate" being dropped, but rather they are sick to their holes of trying to feed off the svraps and utter shit that the likes of Comedy Iwobi is feeding them. Top strikers need top players to create chances for them.

Dick needs time to sort this mess. We can give him time. But frighteningly equally he needs the one thing it looks like he cannot get.... money.

I said Iwobi was the only one in the second half that seemed to have any energy and drive. I didn't commend him for "showing a bit of energy ". I also pointed out he was indecisive in possesion on three occasions in the first half that cost us potential chances. I finished by saying if Iwobi is our best player in any game then that is very worrying in itself.
I get it that you don't like him or rate him , don't rate him myself and don't trust him since those photos emerged before the Forest FA Cup game last season. In an ideal world he doesn't even get into a League Cup team for Arsenal. But in a pathetic performance last Saturday he was one of very few Arsenal players that seemed intetested despite his obvious limitations.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am
people can say we create nothing with ozil but did he feature in the the 5-1 threashing of fulham - or the 4-2 thrashing against the scum? its not about him, its about the style of play and many times this and last season we've looked lacklustre with him in the team. ironically the one time i felt he was making a big impression on the pitch this season was at brighton in the first half and emery subbed him off for the lanky gervinho.

personally i think we need him starting, but i don't believe the lack of creativity in the team is solely down to whether he plays or not
That's two games mate. I'm not saying we are brilliant every time Ozil plays but it is obvious that bar one or two aberrations (scum and Fulham) we are certainly weaker going forward and in the creating of chances without him. For me we are a better more balanced team that creates more chances when he plays. Does that mean we are world beaters every time he plays? No - but that is as much down to all our players as it is down to Ozil.

We need a creative player. If it's not going to be Ozil then Dick needs to find one. For me this is almost as important as fixing the defence.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

If Boomerang and Lacazette are pissed off about the Ozil situation (and both looked pissed off about something yesterday) then I'd say it's not some silly shit like mentioned above about them being upset by their "mate" being dropped, but rather they are sick to their holes of trying to feed off the svraps and utter shit that the likes of Comedy Iwobi is feeding them. Top strikers need top players to create chances for them.

I said Iwobi was the only one in the second half that seemed to have any energy and drive. I didn't commend him for "showing a bit of energy ". I also pointed out he was indecisive in possesion on three occasions in the first half that cost us potential chances. I finished by saying if Iwobi is our best player in any game then that is very worrying in itself.
I get it that you don't like him or rate him , don't rate him myself and don't trust him since those photos emerged before the Forest FA Cup game last season. In an ideal world he doesn't even get into a League Cup team for Arsenal. But in a pathetic performance last Saturday he was one of very few Arsenal players that seemed intetested despite his obvious limitations.
Sorry BWK wasn't having a pop at you - just commenting on the concept that Comedy Iwobi looking to try a bit harder might be conceived as him having improved as a player. He did look to push on yesterday but he is so shit it had no effect for us beyond losing posession.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Sorry BWK wasn't having a pop at you - just commenting on the concept that Comedy Iwobi looking to try a bit harder might be conceived as him having improved as a player. He did look to push on yesterday but he is so shit it had no effect for us beyond losing posession.
No worries...definitely hasn't improved as a player either.

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:56 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

That's two games mate. I'm not saying we are brilliant every time Ozil plays but it is obvious that bar one or two aberrations (scum and Fulham) we are certainly weaker going forward and in the creating of chances without him. For me we are a better more balanced team that creates more chances when he plays. Does that mean we are world beaters every time he plays? No - but that is as much down to all our players as it is down to Ozil.

We need a creative player. If it's not going to be Ozil then Dick needs to find one. For me this is almost as important as fixing the defence.
We created enough to get at least a draw - Aubameyang had a 1v1 which he skied and Kolasinac also went through on goal and decided to pass. There were 11 shots at goal in total, 3 on target, and all it needed was someone to stick the ball at the back of fecking net. Ozil isn’t going to do that because he is another coward who would elect to pass when faced with a gaping goal. This is West Ham we’re talking about not the Harlem boys.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:56 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

We created enough to get at least a draw - Aubameyang had a 1v1 which he skied and Kolasinac also went through on goal and decided to pass. There were 11 shots at goal in total, 3 on target, and all it needed was someone to stick the ball at the back of fecking net. Ozil isn’t going to do that because he is another coward who would elect to pass when faced with a gaping goal. This is West Ham we’re talking about not the Harlem boys.
I'd agree we created enough to get a draw but should a draw be the limit of our ambition against a shit wham side?

Also what those stats you quoted don't show is the quality of the shots and chances. Many were just wacks in the general direction of goal by the likes of the Dozer which get counted as "shots at goal" even though they were anything but. Also I've seen some papers / sites say we had only 2 on target but tbh I can't remember if I it was 2 or 3 from watching it - which says a lot about the quality of those efforts.

I suppose my point is the likes of Lacazette and Boomerang are not world class strikers so they need several chances to net one and the more we create the more chance there is they will score. Without Ozil (or a suitable replacement) we do not create enough clear good chances for the strikers.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Hmm someone's obsession with iwobi is akin to blades with ozil :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am
Hmm someone's obsession with iwobi is akin to blades with ozil :rubchin: :lol:
Well I'm certainly very fond of vaginas but I don't know if "obsessed" is the right word mate. :D :wink: