Chavski H Sat 19th KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Chavski H Sat 19th KO 1730

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think the subs today showed we really have a lack of depth we had no central out ball to link with the forwards, Elneny was very poor and look so far out his depth running about without purpose

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thankfully my eldest talked me down from painting the walls to watch the game - happy fucking days beating those c.unts always

Anyone who thinks Emery isn't making a difference should watch that game over and over. Hundreds of millions of talent on the pitch for Chelsea and I can't recall Leno making a save of note - anyone recall a Wenger performance like that against a top four side in the last couple of years?

Sokratis's reaction to winning a goal kick said it all - again....anyone seen a Wenger centre half pumping his chest just for blocking an opposing forward

If we had an owner that gave him even £70m-£80m to help rebuild this team we've got the makings of a half decent team. Sadly it looks like we've picked up more injuries again though and will now have Maitland Niles or Jenkinson at RB.

Chelsea had Willian. Hazard, Jorginho, Kovacecic all on there trying to make a difference. They left out a £60m striker and brought on a bloke subject to a £35m bid at the end, plus a striker our fucktard geriatric turdbrain sold them for £19m

We had Maitland Niles, Elneny, Guendouzi, two 30+ yo CBs, a free transfer from Schalke.....

In Unai we Trust :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

AKB *word censored* as well no doubt. Wish they'd fuck off out of our club with Wiggy *word censored* :twisted:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Great result booing a sub when 2 up makes no sense at all but that is the sort of client not fan we have at the bowl.You may not agree with any sub but when winning that should be the least the team needs to hear.

Bellerin I have never been as critical of as many on here have been and he will be a loss,no way play SL for how we want to play advanced right backs AM Niles and Jenkinson are better bets both will be more mobile going forward both will be vulnerable at the back,but at lest recovery pace SL does neither well,great player in his day but would be the worst choice of the three....was a poor signing moving from a slower paced league to the PL is never easy.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I thought we played very well today and Mr Emery has definitely had words with them on how to act without the ball. Well done to the whole team today!!

Sure we have problems but today we did well and credit where it's due.

If we play like that against Utd we might have a good chance.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

BBC said we were very well organized at the back today :shock:

I understand the affection towards Giroud - him and Pod were treated terribly by the ex manager. I still have high regard for both.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 pm
Also did I actually hear thousands of window-lickers chant Giroud's name whilst he warmed up (as though he is a massive legend) and then boo our substitution? At 2-0? Against Chelsea?

Fucking disgraceful. Absolutely fucking disgraceful.
The dolt NBC commentator here in the US said multiple times that Giroud is 5th on our all time goalscorer list. Turns out football was really invented in 1992
Last edited by Ziegler1988 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Kos was excellent today, I did not think he still had a performance like that in him after the Achilles injury. Fair fucks to him.

So refreshing not having to watch Mustafi diving in all over the shop back there making fuck ups. Not sure Kos can do 90 mins week in week out for the next 5 months but if he can it will make the world of difference to us. Lichtsteiner is not the answer at RB neither is Maitland Niles.

Need to pull something out of our arse there if we plan on going all the way in the Europa and/or top 4.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Kos was excellent today, I did not think he still had a performance like that in him after the Achilles injury. Fair fucks to him.

So refreshing not having to watch Mustafi diving in all over the shop back there making fuck ups. Not sure Kos can do 90 mins week in week out for the next 5 months but if he can it will make the world of difference to us. Lichtsteiner is not the answer at RB neither is Maitland Niles.

Need to pull something out of our arse there if we plan on going all the way in the Europa and/or top 4.

IF we are now gonna be forced into transfer action to sort out our right back mess, can I say that I really hope that we sign a FIRST CHOICE right back and sell bellend in the summer - I really cannot stand looking at him and his fashion bullshit for even a second longer. I feel sorry for him and hope that the injury isnt too serious, but he is no longer a footballer imo

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Great performance, and really didn't see it coming. After last week, had essentially resigned myself to sixth this year, and thought a draw today might be the best we could hope for. But was very pleasantly surprised, great performance to a man and haven't seen that level of energy and "mental strength" for years and years. In a way, it makes the results over Christmas and New Year even more frustrating, because we could be above Chelsea tonight if we'd beaten some of those weaker sides.

Agreed with others above me who ranted about booing Emery during the substitution. FFS, give the bloke a chance will you? How many absolutely garbage subs did Wenger make in the last ten years that didn't get booed? People just politely clapped, under the ridiculous premise that "Arsene knew", and maybe just raised an eyebrow and kept it to themselves.

Honestly, Emery's job is difficult enough. Clearing up Wenger's mess, dealing with Ozil, trying to make do with this pretty poor squad, and not being able to sign anyone either... FFS, if we're 2-0 up against Chelsea (a team AW beat at home about twice since 2005?), give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. It's not as if Lacazette is Thierry Henry either, and he's actually been pretty average in the last few weeks.

Oh, and singing the Giroud song even though he's now playing for Chelsea and was the poster-boy for Wenger's final years of mediocrity? Yeah, fuck that.

Onwards and upwards. If we can replicate today's performance against Man Utd on Friday, I'm confident we can do 'em over as well.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So Sarri has by some distance the best DM in the league and plays him right mid, and probably one of the best creative midfielders in the world and plays him as a false nine with no support. Morata and Giroud both have limitations but are two very different strikers with something to offer yet doesn’t fancy either.

Doesn’t seem to fit there. It’s not like they are working towards a style of play and another player or two will add to that; they are just a boring side who just seem to be chucking out any old XI each week.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Great result today and tactics were spot on. I'd actually have down Kos as my MOTM, but Ramsey had a very good game. I have always given him a hard time with his undiciplined play in the centre of the park, but on the wing, he was excellent and was on Jorginho, so that Chelsea couldn't play from the back. We scored twice, but really should have had three as Kos and Auba missed sitters in the first half. Chelsea had two chances of note which one was hitting the post from that wanker, Alonso (how did he not get a booking for pushing Maitland-Niles in the face) and Barkleys shot which Kos blocked.

I'd echo what others have said about Wenger's Arsenal. Occassionally with his squads, you would see the front pressing like today and sometimes a disciplined approach in our half of the pitch, but never both in the same match. With Emery, we got that today and had a striker, Auba, tracking back and dispossessing Hazard in our box. A really excellent team performance and hopefully one that we can see more often than just against the big teams.

On a negative note, Bellerin is probably gone for the season, so I would imagine that Maitland-Niles will be playing there more often. Not ideal, but if we have midfield help like we did today, then I feel more comfortable about it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 am
I reckon that the players will be up for this one, and Chelsea have problems scoring goals these days.

Bellerin back is a big boost - we need him to run at players again.

I'm expecting a close game, defensively we still have a few issues so they might just nick it, but I think this is a game that we can go into optimistically.
:D :D :D :D
:wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fucking hell Sarri has thrown the Chav players under the bus in the after match presser saying they are difficult to motivate.

Let's hope that results in some sort of response from them Thursday night against the scum but it could easily go both ways and those players could down tools now. They've got enough managers the sack down through the years so they know the drill but the way he has spoken about them it's hard to see a way back.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm
Fucking hell Sarri has thrown the Chav players under the bus in the after match presser saying they are difficult to motivate.

Let's hope that results in some sort of response from them Thursday night against the scum but it could easily go both ways and those players could down tools now. They've got enough managers the sack down through the years so they know the drill but the way he has spoken about them it's hard to see a way back.
I wasn't convinced on him when they got him in and i'm even more unconvinced now.

He seems like another Wenger.

He won't last at their gaff.

Abramovich will move him on if they win nothing this season. Guaranteed