Sokratis

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Sokratis

Post by Redarmy »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:19 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Do you mean SOCRATES, philosopher from Athens?
:roll:

I knew someone would be sad enough to go and Google how it was spelled. I'm glad it was you! Yes technically spelled differently IN ENGLISH but pronounced exactly the same, and modern Greek writing is not really comparable to Ancient Greek writing at all so your point is invalid :lol:

You're talking shite :wink:
Some issues here by the look of it :D

Yep! I also see dead people :worried:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Love him but silly unnecessary fouls on the halfway line let him down and I don’t know how many cards he’s got so far but no doubt he’ll be due a suspension soon.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I don't mind him doing silly fouls on the halfway line, as long as he does not do them near our penalty area. sometimes even silly little fouls that don't pick up cards, breaks up thier flow, winds up the other players causing them to lash out etc... he adds that niggle / bastardness that we have missed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I like him because he is an old school style no nonsense defender without the aspiration to be a technical footballer. And he likes a scrap and fears no one. And he is way better than Mustafalaugh.

But he is a tad too much into wrestling the oppo strikers and has been lucky not to concede a few pennos. I know Spit The Scouse got away with wrestling and jersey pulling for his entire career but I don't think Sokratis will get the same "consideration" from the cheating incapable cùnts that are referees for much longer. :|

Unfortunately I have this horrible feeling that he might cost us a major final or other huge game because he went hands on once too often and gave away a silly penno. :|

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Let's hope to fuck the big fella isnt out for too long.Head and shoulders above all our other options at the back.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 pm
Let's hope to fuck the big fella isnt out for too long.Head and shoulders above all our other options at the back.
Yes without any doubt..Can't see him playing Tuesday.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 am
Unfortunately I have this horrible feeling that he might cost us a major final or other huge game because he went hands on once too often and gave away a silly penno. :|
Don't take this as a negative but I really don't think that is going to be too much of an issue either this season or next :lol:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Out until end of Feb :cussing:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We just can’t catch a fucking break at the back.

Would be a hard enough job to marshal this lot without the constant injuries.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:00 pm
JimmyAFC wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:59 am
Feel free to merge this thread I just wanted to say how much I love this bloke!!!

No bullshit social media accounts.

Proper old school defender who's a leader and won't take any shit from the opponents.

Puts his body on the line and is determined as ever.

He's been an immense signing.

SPARTAN.

:barscarf:

The historical Sokratis was actually Athenian :proudtosay:
Yep, I had a picture of him playing tennis, scratching his bum, on my wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 am
Don't take this as a negative but I really don't think that is going to be too much of an issue either this season or next :lol:
:lol:

GoonerMuzz

Sokratis

Post by GoonerMuzz »

For some reason i couldn't find a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite defender, if there is my apologies feel free to merge Mods.

Any way there is a lovely little montage of Sokratis' defending for us on the Arsenal facebook feed today which should cheer all you miserable Barstewards up no end, unfortunately because i'm a complete linking mong i'm not able to work out how to link from FB, is there any of you tech savvy fuckers who can for the sake of peoples 'Valentines Day' blues? :barscarf: :barscarf:

Can't remember any defender for years who took so much delight in making tackles :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am
For some reason i couldn't find a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite defender, if there is my apologies feel free to merge Mods.

Any way there is a lovely little montage of Sokratis' defending for us on the Arsenal facebook feed today which should cheer all you miserable Barstewards up no end, unfortunately because i'm a complete linking mong i'm not able to work out how to link from FB, is there any of you tech savvy fuckers who can for the sake of peoples 'Valentines Day' blues? :barscarf: :barscarf:

Can't remember any defender for years who took so much delight in making tackles :D
Jesus Christ am I now working here as a retard whisperer? :lol:

Merged you lazy caaahhhnntt. :D :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 am

https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal/#

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Honestly even if this guy had only one leg I'd play him ahead of Mustafalaugh in any position.