FA Cup - Mancs at home 19:55 Friday 25th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: FA Cup - Mancs at home 19:55 Friday 25th

Post by StuartL »

Just seen the draw for the next round ....Jesus h Christ that is the worst pot of teams left in the competition at that stage ever - Chelsea / Mancs the only game that of any interest.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GTG wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm
Not gonna comment on the game as that moment has well and truly gone over the weekend while i've been away.

But i've seen a few on here talking about us not having any money to buy players etc.... i've read from multiple sources (reliable or not I dunno) that its our wage bill thats stopping us buying anyone.

Premier league rules state that wages cannot increase by more than 7% in a season of which we are at the ceiling or very close to it. If we buy players then obviously we're paying them wages but in the loan market we could be looking to get the parent club to cover some of that cost. Im not convinced UE's comments about only being able to loan players is because we got no money.

Apparently that situation is going to look a lot more rosy come the summer when a number of players on big wages will be off the books and the new sponsorship deals kick in. If we are able to somehow get 4th we will hopefully have a tidy sum to invest and I'm guessing its at that point we will really see in what direction we are heading under Stan.
I don't see the issue with getting in loan players in January to see us through to the end of the season. Why do we have to buy at this stage?
With the injuries we have then loans are more sensible and with the amount of players with contracts ending then makes business sense. At least we know that if the player on loan doesn't work out we get rid instead of having them on the books on high wages for 2-3 seasons.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 pm
Just seen the draw for the next round ....Jesus h Christ that is the worst pot of teams left in the competition at that stage ever - Chelsea / Mancs the only game that of any interest.
Be nice for Woy to win a trophy at the tailend of his career, but it looks like city v chelski if the draw keeps them apart

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm
StuartL wrote:
Be nice for Woy to win a trophy at the tailend of his career, but it looks like city v chelski if the draw keeps them apart
Manure will knock the chav out without breaking a sweat.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

StuartL wrote:
Makes me wonder how far we could've gone if we went past United and our GK wasn't a full lanky dumbass. Either United or Chavs have a good chance of going deep if they play sensible.