€iteh|PL|Away|Sun 3rd Feb|16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: €iteh|PL|Away|Sun 3rd Feb|16:30

Post by begeegs »

Wow - that was shit. City don't need referees help in addition to all of the money that they have spent. That being said, I have to question Emery's team selection. Lichtsteiner shouldn't ever play again unless Jenkinson is hurt. He really is that bad. Also, why no Ramsey instead of Iwobi?

4 attempts on target - really poor.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

No shots for Arsenal in the second half, fucking disgraceful. I really don't know what the answer is, other than fucking selling just about every one of these useless fuckers bar a couple and starting again! :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Pathetic. Utter joke of a performance. They're not fit enough, they can't defend and they have no quality going forward.

No attempts at goal in the second half when you're chasing the game is embarrassing.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm
No shots for Arsenal in the second half, fucking disgraceful. I really don't know what the answer is, other than fucking selling just about every one of these useless fuckers bar a couple and starting again! :banghead:
Sadly, I'd agree if I thought that we'd actually bring players in. Lacazette was good today, but he doesn't really get any service. Dozi is going to be quality - he always shows and is only 19. Torriera was also decent. Can't really think of much more. I suppose Koscielny and Leno were decent, but no more than decent. I'd sell Kolasinak. I think that he really is crap as a defender.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Do they actually realise they are 3-1 down,absolute turgid backward tippy tappy cowardly dogshite,they may as well stayed inside at half time,Aubamayang is a lazy c unt,we dont even have the option of the ball in behind as a last resort,

This wasnt even a match,men against little boys,scared little boys.no shutting down nothing,this is every bit as embarrassing as any Wenger defeat,we've stagnated,

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:25 pm
Pathetic. Utter joke of a performance. They're not fit enough, they can't defend and they have no quality going forward.

Sadly this quote could have been written in any of the last 13 years.......

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:57 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:34 pm
On a slightly different note I’d have to be fucking dug out of Alex Scott.

One serious woman that.
She's a muff diver mate.
Even fucking better :barscarf:
That's a shame but I'd watch if she'd let me, :oops:

better than watching the shit I just have :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Thought that would bever end.. The scant consolation is that on the scoreboard it looks like a routine win for City when in reality it could have been five or six.
We were competitive in the first half but never got near them second half..Iwobi can surely have no future at Arsenal once the dust settles on Emery's first season..He is brainless in possession.
Kos, Guendouzi and Torriera kept their heads above water , Leno made a few decent saves but can be frightening at times on crosses..Denis Suarez looks like a schoolboy..but let's give him a chance..

augie

Post by augie »

Far be it for me to be the voice of reason BUT, I think that we placed decent enough in the first half but conceded two poor goals. We took the game to them, our front men held up the ball well, we hassled them in midfield, the dozi made a few great runs forward, and we looked well in the game until we conceded just before half time.
That being said, the second half performance was absolutely unacceptable in every aspect - lacking energy, lacking pride and lacking fight, and no team should have that said about them

I have said for a long, long time that souness is without doubt THE best tv pundit out there and today he showed that again - that silly mare was firing out cliches about formations and systems etc, when souness interupted and said that it doesnt matter what formation or system a team uses if the players do not do their jobs. He said that the system or tactics didnt beat us today, it was our players that beat us - he referred to a saying that teams "look for the dope", in which opposition players try to isolate the players that switch off at crucial moments, and he named iwobi as that player. He blamed him for the first and third goals

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
sums it all up really

John F

Post by John F »

Dick on Mustafi tonight"he has a problem with his head and has had all week ".
Yes Dic k he never fucking uses it and it's been longer then a week. :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

You see I’m part of the problem really. Sat on a train on the way back but Arsenal have been there for 50 years, yes FIFTY FUCKING YEARS. What do I do? Give up and protest or just follow them as I always have done? Not easy boys cos that second half was atrocious but it’s in my blood. It’s the hope that kills you every time

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought we did really well first half. Any game plan goes out the window when Iwobi gifts them the lead in the first 60 seconds, but actually we fought back and on top of them creating next to nothing we were actually the better team arguably for 10 minutes before half time. We were pretty comfortable and they were getting frustrated.

Shame we conceded the second goal when we did. Class goal to be fair which far better defensive units than Iwobi and Lichtsteiner would be made to look silly by.

Second half was dreadful though. Always tough going two goals behind to a team like that without much on the bench and was a handball, but we just threw in the towel and were lucky not to get a hiding. It was dire to watch.

Guendouzi was class today I thought. Best player on the pitch first half - read the game well, intercepted, hassled them and really assured in possession under pressure. Bearing in mind how outnumbered he was in there, it’s one of the best halves of football I’ve seen from a CM for us in a while.

Can’t believe Lichtsteiner was ever any good. Put it down to his legs having gone for a few months, but fuck me he is frightening. He can’t play again, Iwobi can’t play again. Emery has been dealt a shit hand with players but play Jenkinson or even the Greek kid there instead.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

After watching the highlights looked like their legs and heads went in that second half, especially up front. Seems like under emery they can't do 3 games in a week because of the amount of energy he demands from them. Our squad hasn't got the capacity to deal with it, nor the players having the stamina for it. The back four today was the most experienced we could possibly put out, yet all three goals could've been avoided by simple defensive discipline. Nice to see the flick on at the near post routine back in action. Who says Bouldy has no input during training sessions?

Seems to me Emery's being careful with Ozil because of his fitness, after various unjuries back and knee recurring problems this season. The only upside is that it wasn't a proper smashing. Second half similar to the way we played at chelski back in august, just trying to contain them then go out and attack. To me it shows the manager hasn't got complete faith in the defensive unit, and who can blame him? I'm pretty sure in training Emery never told mustafi to stand ten yard behind the defensive line, or lichsteiner to watch the ball, not the player and for the full backs and centre backs not to stay level with each other.

hopefully. after Spurs away we can revert to flat track bully mode and win the last 9 games to sneeak into top 4 just as chelski and spuds start to fade. Both of whom still need to go to anfield and eitihad.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Midz wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 pm
TeeCee wrote:
sums it all up really
Totally agree - how many of the Arsenal team, bench included, would get in the S$hitty team. None me thinks !. 6th is ours for the taking now unless Wolves can catch us. :barscarf: :barscarf: