No wonder we are skint !

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

No wonder we are skint !

Post by Herd »

If this article is correct it explains why Wenger hasn't taken another job and why we are so broke right now !
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ar ... e-sacking

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: No wonder we are skint !

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 am
If this article is correct it explains why Wenger hasn't taken another job and why we are so broke right now !
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ar ... e-sacking
Tbf that's nothing in football nowadays but yes it is ridiculous, what was more ridiculous was the decision to extend his contract in the first place.

Herd

Post by Herd »

His salary was around 10 million so that's expected but another 7 mill for the others is fucking huge especially when they didn't do anything.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 am
His salary was around 10 million so that's expected but another 7 mill for the others is fucking huge especially when they didn't do anything.
What ! Boro Primorac was integral to us....and our kit hasn’t been folded as nice since Vic and Bob Akers haven’t been around.......don’t get me started on the void left by Paul Johnson’s departure.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 am
That 7 million is about a seasons wages for sanogo and park so no nothing nowadays and I'm sure those guys done more than those two in a season for us, fuck, the tea lady did more than those two.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Surely Wenger’s fabled values wouldn’t have seen him trouser 10 million quid for a year’s work he didn’t do? :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm convinced he's on a years gardening leave because if he takes a new job b4 June he will have to repay the club some money back. Greedy MOI Mon Mon dieu?????

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Saw a picture on twatter where somebody met him yesterday and got a picture taken.

What’s Wenger wearing? An Arsenal tracksuit he picked up on a freebie whilst at the club. Tight bastard.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Giving him a new contract was bad enough; but 2 years was disgraceful. What was going to happen A he had a great season in 2016/17 and then despite being offered another 10m a year by us he goes to a number of his many suitors?

It’s fucking bullshit.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

If we are skint after giving wenger and mates £17m our business model is shite. In modern football that amount doesn't even cover ozils wages for a year.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

We are anything but skint. Even without CL football the club turned over £439m in the last financial year.

Yes £17m is an annoying amount but that doesn't detract from a billionaire with assets in multiple US sports franchises and a family that is the heir to the Walmart fortune. Walmart is worth $297 bn and that's why I don't shop at Asda.

Next time someone tells you Arsenal is skint, it's so not true. Hope the LA Rams get stuffed later today.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:11 am
We are anything but skint. Even without CL football the club turned over £439m in the last financial year.

Yes £17m is an annoying amount but that doesn't detract from a billionaire with assets in multiple US sports franchises and a family that is the heir to the Walmart fortune. Walmart is worth $297 bn and that's why I don't shop at Asda.

Next time someone tells you Arsenal is skint, it's so not true. Hope the LA Rams get stuffed later today.
I don't shop at Asda either and that goes back way before wiggy got involved with us......have you seen their clientele.

Herd

Post by Herd »

As usual you miss the point whilst trying to be a smartarse.
The title was tongue in cheek I'm more than aware of the viability of our sporting franchise
It's simply another example of the financial mismanagement. IL make it clearer for u in future flush as like fog your rather dense.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Now we know why the cuntbag used to wear that extra-long coat - Deep pockets to store his ill-gotten gains. Ceeeunt.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It’s all clearer now.....we couldn’t afford to get rid of Bouldy!! :banghead: :shock: