Welcome Denis Suarez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Welcome Denis Suarez

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

On loan, let's hope he can play in the back 4 :barscarf:

augie

Re: Welcome Denis Suarez

Post by augie »

As I said recently, I seen this lad play for spain u-21s a few years ago and he really was different gravy - since then his career has stagnated whist sitting behind some world class players at barca, so it may well take him time to get back into the groove again IF his time hasnt already passed him by.

I have to say that I think that the poll ssn are running on his signing is very harsh and unfair - they are asking viewers/mongs whether suarez is the right signing for us, and 70% have voted that he isnt. This does not take into account the fact that most Arsenal fans would vote that way against any signing that isnt a defender, but for a young kid joining a new team it doesnt fill him with confidence to see that his new fans arent happy with his signing

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:21 pm
As I said recently, I seen this lad play for spain u-21s a few years ago and he really was different gravy - since then his career has stagnated whist sitting behind some world class players at barca, so it may well take him time to get back into the groove again IF his time hasnt already passed him by.

I have to say that I think that the poll ssn are running on his signing is very harsh and unfair - they are asking viewers/mongs whether suarez is the right signing for us, and 70% have voted that he isnt. This does not take into account the fact that most Arsenal fans would vote that way against any signing that isnt a defender, but for a young kid joining a new team it doesnt fill him with confidence to see that his new fans arent happy with his signing
Well hopefully someone like monreal (fellow Spaniard) can explain to him why that vote is heavily loaded against him joining.

Preferably not someone whose place is in jeopardy because of his arrival though, can imagine iwobi saying "Mate no one wants you here" :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 pm
On loan, let's hope he can play in the back 4 :barscarf:
Exactly my thoughts :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The youtube clips of him are promising. He looks like he could be an intelligent player so that will confuse the fuck out of the rest of our midfield. He actually looks a bit like Ramsey.......hopefully with a brain :lol:

SSN reporting that the two wide players we were linked with are both off so we are stuck with Iwobi :rubchin: So fingers crossed that we try again for one of them before the deadline.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
The youtube clips of him are promising. He looks like he could be an intelligent player so that will confuse the fuck out of the rest of our midfield. He actually looks a bit like Ramsey.......hopefully with a brain :lol:

SSN reporting that the two wide players we were linked with are both off so we are stuck with Iwobi :rubchin: So fingers crossed that we try again for one of them before the deadline.

Business done methinks

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we've been lacking creativity out wide for some time, so its good to see that this has been addressed and by the looks of things he is a real prospect, i heard we have first option to buy once the loan expires?

that being said its fucking ridiculous we haven't bolstered the defence this window :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:27 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Business done methinks

At least let me dream for another eight hours before reality comes crashing down.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:

Anyone who is dim enough or sad enough to phone/text whatever you do to register a vote on a Sky poll should have a pineapple shoved up their arsehole,then be made to eat it,you can imagine what sort of stupid ceunt votes on them,

I hope he does well,fuck knows we need a winger,but are Lacazette and Aubamayang the sort of forwards who'll win headers in the box,I guess we'll see,the 2 Dennis' I can think of who played for us didn't do too badly did they, :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 pm
augie wrote:

Anyone who is dim enough or sad enough to phone/text whatever you do to register a vote on a Sky poll should have a pineapple shoved up their arsehole,then be made to eat it,you can imagine what sort of stupid ceunt votes on them,

I hope he does well,fuck knows we need a winger,but are Lacazette and Aubamayang the sort of forwards who'll win headers in the box,I guess we'll see,the 2 Dennis' I can think of who played for us didn't do too badly did they, :rubchin:

I've seen reports suggesting that he can play either wing, but when I seen him (albeit a few years ago) he was a central midfielder and he didnt look like he would be a naturally wide player - maybe he has changed/adapted since

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

He was actually a central midfield player when he moved to Sevilla on loan (and Rakitic moved to Barca) - since then at Villarreal he’d play L/RCM and sort of drift wide but don’t think he’s a natural winger. Clever on the ball, so hope he creates problems.

In other words.. we still have Tunnel Vision Iwobi on the wing for us working his magic.

The transfer window was dreadful.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Rian1 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am
He was actually a central midfield player when he moved to Sevilla on loan (and Rakitic moved to Barca) - since then at Villarreal he’d play L/RCM and sort of drift wide but don’t think he’s a natural winger. Clever on the ball, so hope he creates problems.

In other words.. we still have Tunnel Vision Iwobi on the wing for us working his magic.

"The transfer window was dreadful"

Not much more than could have been expected, tbh
The January Transfer window has never been a great idea imo.
I understand why it is almost impossible to make a super qualiteeee signing during it, and given our 'financial constraints', I am willing to wait for the Summer transfer window anyway..................McDowell to make a thread imminently.
We were apparently only capable of making loan signings this winter anyway. I, for one, am pleased that we didn't make a play for Cahill to try and resolve our defence issues.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:07 am
Rian1 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am

"The transfer window was dreadful"

Not much more than could have been expected, tbh
The January Transfer window has never been a great idea imo.
I understand why it is almost impossible to make a super qualiteeee signing during it, and given our 'financial constraints', I am willing to wait for the Summer transfer window anyway..................McDowell to make a thread imminently.
We were apparently only capable of making loan signings this winter anyway. I, for one, am pleased that we didn't make a play for Cahill to try and resolve our defence issues.
I meant the transfer window was dreadful all around. For us, we expected what was gonna happen and it happened.

Not fussed, defenders are a priority but I wished they would’ve poached defenders from outside EU or something instead of pursuing attackers. Although, I would’ve loved for Carrasco to join.

It is what it is

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Welcome Denis and good luck to you mate. Just remember the golden rule and you'll be fine.....don't give the ball to Xhaka or Iwobi.

Here's hoping our new boy can pick a pass and help the front two to keep banging them in :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SlySports News doing their usual hysterical transfer deadline day wankathon of underwhelming fuckology last night.... the big transfer news was.... wait for it..... Peter Bathspider Crouch signing for fucking Burnley.... :oops: :lol:

Fuck off. :censored: