'Uddersfield Away (Saturday 09/02 15:00)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: 'Uddersfield Away (Saturday 09/02 15:00)

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:23 am
And that "hip hop goal celebration" that Iwobi & Maitland - Niles tried to get rolling???? They should be reminded who they play for and if they pull that shit again they're out. Next he'll be imitating a dog pissing on the corner flag :x :x :x
there is such a thing as moaning for moanings sake - wrighty and kevin campbell used to do this all the time in the 90s - was it an issue then? :?: :|

as for iwobi's goal going wide before the deflection- no way! it looked a pretty good (if powerless effort) and was probably heading towards the bottom left corner, keeper may have saved it, but an ok effort. no way will the dubious goals panel take it off him.

May have ?? :coffeespit: :coffeespit: Keeper could have thrown his hat at it and it wouldn't have gone in :oops:

I get the "moaning for moaning's sake" bit, but on the flip side there has always been the "defending a guy purely cos he plays for us despite how shit he is" - iwobi is utter, utter dogshit and will never be good enough, and people need to recognise and accept that

herbert

Post by herbert »

I know our defence is a cause for concern and the injury list does not help but the back four and goalie played much better(for 91 minutes) than our midfielders and forwards on saturday especially in the 2nd half

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

believe me augie i don't want iwobi in this team any more than you do, and the faster suarez takes to things and pushes iwobi out of the team, the better. having said that i don't really want mhiki starting for us either and once you accept that ozil won't be a favourite of emery's it looks like one of them will have to play :banghead:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:51 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 am
xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:23 am
Just watched MOTD.....dreadful, absolutely dreadful. Huddersfield looked the better team by far, especially 2nd half. And Kolisinac at the end.... Just hoof it out....instead he toe pokes it into his own net.

And that "hip hop goal celebration" that Iwobi & Maitland - Niles tried to get rolling???? They should be reminded who they play for and if they pull that shit again they're out. Next he'll be imitating a dog pissing on the corner flag :x :x :x
Fucking hell how sad are we getting :D - now worrying about their celebrations too. With that logic Auba, Lacazette, Pogba, Griezmann Mbappe and Neymar to name a few should all be out of their respective squad.

Didn’t know playing for Arsenal came with a clause.
If Iwobi ever becomes even half as good as any of the players you mentioned, he can fire a handgun into the air every time he scores as far as I'm concerned.

Until then..............................
Right.. until then whenever he scores what’s he supposed to do? Celebrations don’t have to relate to how good a player is.

Why can we celebrate our balls off when Arsenal scores but he can’t?
I think you are slightly missing the point mate. Certainly I'm not saying players can't or shouldn't celebrate scoring goals. Scoring a goal at any level is an amazing feeling. What irks me is the over elaborate rehearsed "fake" celebrations. There is nothing genuine about them. A goal celebration should be a spur of the moment thing, it should just be a display of genuine delight and adrenaline.

Posing like a gangsta rapper is not a genuine celebration of the moment - it's a pathetic attempt by a spoiled footballer to say "ooh look at me I'm a bit dodgy really, I'm a bit dangerous because I listen to hip hop". :roll:

Remember that cringey over elaborate handshake thing Deli ^^ Stupid Eyebrows was doing last season? It had about 15 moves in it ffs. That took rehearsing. That is not genuine. It's contrived horseshit. :oops:

Maybe it's a generational thing. I find so much about the modern game is just hyped up fake shit driven by personality and social media bollocks. I love the traditional English game of football - and hip hop gangsta rapper posing is not a traditional English thing! :lol:
I don’t know, maybe a celebration to you is d ifferent than me. You could say a celebration is a punch in the air and that’s it whereas I could do a backflip and handshake. I do appreciate celebrations aren’t for everyone but time passes by and new things are coming up, guess we just need adjusting. We don’t do certain things football used to have in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

It is a generational thing, mainly. Nowadays a majority of the celebrations are rehearsed or a trademark celebration between certain players and usually they’re good friends on and off the pitch too. (Dele and Son / Auba and Laca / Jesse and Rashy).

Yeah, Iwobi’s one was a bit random but if we are picky we should also give grief to everyone in our team who celebrates out of the norm and not give shit to selected players. That’s what I’m trying to say, why do we select who we slack for their celebrations.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 am

Fucking hell how sad are we getting :D - now worrying about their celebrations too. With that logic Auba, Lacazette, Pogba, Griezmann Mbappe and Neymar to name a few should all be out of their respective squad.

Didn’t know playing for Arsenal came with a clause.
If Iwobi ever becomes even half as good as any of the players you mentioned, he can fire a handgun into the air every time he scores as far as I'm concerned.

Right.. until then whenever he scores what’s he supposed to do? Celebrations don’t have to relate to how good a player is.

I think you are slightly missing the point mate. Certainly I'm not saying players can't or shouldn't celebrate scoring goals. Scoring a goal at any level is an amazing feeling. What irks me is the over elaborate rehearsed "fake" celebrations. There is nothing genuine about them. A goal celebration should be a spur of the moment thing, it should just be a display of genuine delight and adrenaline.

Posing like a gangsta rapper is not a genuine celebration of the moment - it's a pathetic attempt by a spoiled footballer to say "ooh look at me I'm a bit dodgy really, I'm a bit dangerous because I listen to hip hop". :roll:

Remember that cringey over elaborate handshake thing Deli ^^ Stupid Eyebrows was doing last season? It had about 15 moves in it ffs. That took rehearsing. That is not genuine. It's contrived horseshit. :oops:

Maybe it's a generational thing. I find so much about the modern game is just hyped up fake shit driven by personality and social media bollocks. I love the traditional English game of football - and hip hop gangsta rapper posing is not a traditional English thing! :lol:
I don’t know, maybe a celebration to you is d ifferent than me. You could say a celebration is a punch in the air and that’s it whereas I could do a backflip and handshake. I do appreciate celebrations aren’t for everyone but time passes by and new things are coming up, guess we just need adjusting. We don’t do certain things football used to have in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

It is a generational thing, mainly. Nowadays a majority of the celebrations are rehearsed or a trademark celebration between certain players and usually they’re good friends on and off the pitch too. (Dele and Son / Auba and Laca / Jesse and Rashy).

Yeah, Iwobi’s one was a bit random but if we are picky we should also give grief to everyone in our team who celebrates out of the norm and not give shit to selected players. That’s what I’m trying to say, why do we select who we slack for their celebrations.
Personally I hate to see any player do a rehearsed celebration. It smacks of being fake. Always have hated it. Just a personal thing. It is deffo a generational thing. All these modern fucking idiot players posing and trying to look street, obsessed with their "cred init blud". :oops: :roll:

Just to note mate, you won't make too many friends on here giving oppo cùnts pet nicknames like "Jesse" and "Rashy". :lol: :wink: Particularly fake hardman Lingard - one of the most hated fuckers on here and with the most punchable face I've ever seen. :censored:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:56 am
Rian1 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Personally I hate to see any player do a rehearsed celebration. It smacks of being fake. Always have hated it. Just a personal thing. It is deffo a generational thing. All these modern fucking idiot players posing and trying to look street, obsessed with their "cred init blud". :oops: :roll:

Just to note mate, you won't make too many friends on here giving oppo cùnts pet nicknames like "Jesse" and "Rashy". :lol: :wink: Particularly fake hardman Lingard - one of the most hated fuckers on here and with the most punchable face I've ever seen. :censored:
Thanks for the note, to be fair I’m not about all that nickname stuff for each player, team and whatnot. Tottenham/Chelsea/United, yes I’m all out. Some posts around here have ambiguous name-calling that I don’t really feel it’s needed to use nor does the point come across any more hostile. Chill, we get it that you/we hate a certain player but no need to go extra miles to name call every single thing.

People would react better if I defined them as something like “piece of shit Mancs *word censored* who wants to be hard but needs a punch in the face” :lol:

I guess I’d be hated if I shared my personal stories with “the piece of shit” number 14 of United. So I’ll stay away :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Um yep. :eh:

:lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Favourite non Arsenal goal celebration..Marco Tardelli ..World Cup Final 1982...He knows that his goal has all but secured the World Cup for his country..and the rest is just pure raw emotion.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm
Favourite non Arsenal goal celebration..Marco Tardelli ..World Cup Final 1982...He knows that his goal has all but secured the World Cup for his country..and the rest is just pure raw emotion.
Wait. What? No gangsta poses? No rehearsed handshakes? No rehearsed stupid dancing? We should fucking troll him on social media. Or something.

:lol: :wink: