'Uddersfield Away (Saturday 09/02 15:00)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: 'Uddersfield Away (Saturday 09/02 15:00)

Post by xisstential »

Just watched MOTD.....dreadful, absolutely dreadful. Huddersfield looked the better team by far, especially 2nd half. And Kolisinac at the end.... Just hoof it out....instead he toe pokes it into his own net.

And that "hip hop goal celebration" that Iwobi & Maitland - Niles tried to get rolling???? They should be reminded who they play for and if they pull that shit again they're out. Next he'll be imitating a dog pissing on the corner flag :x :x :x

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:23 am
Just watched MOTD.....dreadful, absolutely dreadful. Huddersfield looked the better team by far, especially 2nd half. And Kolisinac at the end.... Just hoof it out....instead he toe pokes it into his own net.

And that "hip hop goal celebration" that Iwobi & Maitland - Niles tried to get rolling???? They should be reminded who they play for and if they pull that shit again they're out. Next he'll be imitating a dog pissing on the corner flag :x :x :x
Fucking hell how sad are we getting :D - now worrying about their celebrations too. With that logic Auba, Lacazette, Pogba, Griezmann Mbappe and Neymar to name a few should all be out of their respective squad.

Didn’t know playing for Arsenal came with a clause.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 am
This constant Iwobi bashing is getting pathetic. Yes he had a poor second half but he got the first goal today and gave a superb scything long pass to Mikhitaryan to almost create the second. Hes made a few Ozil-like defense splitting assists lately and deserves a bit more credit. He has blistering pace in an otherwise mostly pedestrian midfield (apart from Guendozi) and is not afraid to dribble and weave, taking defenders on. Thats why UE clearly rates him. He just needs more composure near the goal. I'm yet to see toe poke Aubameyang dribble past anyone.
Sorry mate but what the actual fuck have you been watching? :lol: Its certainly not Comedy Iwobi.

His "blistering pace"? A myth. He makes a couple of nothing little sprints into nowhere and loses posession. And does that no faster than any other medium paced player. Then when he needs to get back quickly his "blistering pace" seems to desert him and he slowly slogs back 20 yards behind the oppo attacks. He did this repeatedly again on Saturday.

"Dribble and weave"? Do you mean his pathetic slow motion attempts at stepovers and his bobblehead running style? Also inevitably before he loses posession.

His goal was awful. A huge deflection from a total scuff. The camera behind him clearly showed the ball was going a mile wide ffs before it hit the defender. The dubious goals panel might take it off him tbh.

One long hit and hope pass to Mickey Tarragon does not excuse the other 20 or 30 times he lost posession cheaply, or excuse faffing two sitters when he should have passed to the striker, or justify playing him in the team.

The most telling thing on Saturday was the constant looks of frustration and anger directed at Comedy by his teammates every time he lost the ball cheaply or picked totally the wrong option yet again.

Finally, Aubameyang is a striker. He is there to finish. Who cares if he dribbles past anyone?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:

Agreed 100%. All these young players want to be fucking gangsta rappers. :roll:

I've always hated over elaborate rehearsed goal celebrations. Remember THBW14 and Barndoor doing their cringey little dance? :oops: Fucking awful. :roll:

One of the best goal celebrations was Alan Sunderland's in the FA Cup final in 79. Slotted and spun away just yelling and swearing and losing his shit. Just genuine delight. No hip hop dance, no gangsta poses, no over elaborate rehearsed shit.

“Remember Who You Are, What You Are and Who You Represent”. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 am
Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 am
This constant Iwobi bashing is getting pathetic. Yes he had a poor second half but he got the first goal today and gave a superb scything long pass to Mikhitaryan to almost create the second. Hes made a few Ozil-like defense splitting assists lately and deserves a bit more credit. He has blistering pace in an otherwise mostly pedestrian midfield (apart from Guendozi) and is not afraid to dribble and weave, taking defenders on. Thats why UE clearly rates him. He just needs more composure near the goal. I'm yet to see toe poke Aubameyang dribble past anyone.
Sorry mate but what the actual fuck have you been watching? :lol: Its certainly not Comedy Iwobi.

His "blistering pace"? A myth. He makes a couple of nothing little sprints into nowhere and loses posession. And does that no faster than any other medium paced player. Then when he needs to get back quickly his "blistering pace" seems to desert him and he slowly slogs back 20 yards behind the oppo attacks. He did this repeatedly again on Saturday.

"Dribble and weave"? Do you mean his pathetic slow motion attempts at stepovers and his bobblehead running style? Also inevitably before he loses posession.

His goal was awful. A huge deflection from a total scuff. The camera behind him clearly showed the ball was going a mile wide ffs before it hit the defender. The dubious goals panel might take it off him tbh.

One long hit and hope pass to Mickey Tarragon does not excuse the other 20 or 30 times he lost posession cheaply, or excuse faffing two sitters when he should have passed to the striker, or justify playing him in the team.

The most telling thing on Saturday was the constant looks of frustration and anger directed at Comedy by his teammates every time he lost the ball cheaply or picked totally the wrong option yet again.

Finally, Aubameyang is a striker. He is there to finish. Who cares if he dribbles past anyone?

There is absolutely no excuse for defending iwobi - he is waaaaay beyond shit, has a lard arse that would put an elephant to shame, does stepovers that are god awful and cringeworthy, has a total lack of team ethic, and is so professional that he thinks that it is acceptable to go partying 3 days before notts forest humiliate us in an fa cup tie :roll: :oops: :oops: :censored: :censored: :censored:

GTG

Post by GTG »

Biggest problem for Iwobi is his brain in my opinion. He has literally no idea what hes supposed to do when. He tries to dribble when he should be passing or gets caught in two minds and by the time he's made his mind up he loses possession.... there is only so much coaching or analysis that will sort that out.... he just strikes me as plain dull.

I do think however that the shit he takes needs to stop. The loudest the away end was all day was to give him pelters when he fucked up. Yes hes shit but its the manager that is putting him out there all the time and yesterday he DID have other options.

Further comment on our support..... not sure whats happening this year but we've quiet as mouses pretty much all season apart from Cardiff and Fulham...

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

When he first came into the team and kept it simple with give and go, taking the ball ont he half turn I thought he was going to be top draw, but he has gone backwards fast, and now I find it hard to enjoy the game when he plays.

He needs to go back to start and drop all this messi light shit that he is not good enough to do

He is like AOC but without the pace.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

GTG wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am

I do think however that the shit he takes needs to stop. The loudest the away end was all day was to give him pelters when he fucked up. Yes hes shit but its the manager that is putting him out there all the time and yesterday he DID have other options.
A bloke behind me started having it out with someone criticizing Iwobi. "Support the players. You don't support the team since you don't support Iwobi."
I had hoped the new manager would have stopped infighting; at least there were a lot of Unai Emery's Red Army

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 am
xisstential wrote:

Fucking hell how sad are we getting :D - now worrying about their celebrations too. With that logic Auba, Lacazette, Pogba, Griezmann Mbappe and Neymar to name a few should all be out of their respective squad.

If Iwobi ever becomes even half as good as any of the players you mentioned, he can fire a handgun into the air every time he scores as far as I'm concerned.

Until then..............................

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We were a load of smelly tripe. :cry:

:rubchin: BUT

Three points is three points. :barscarf:

NEXT !!!!! :box:

augie

Post by augie »

Out of boredom earlier I watched a bit of aftv on youtube, and comical isn't the word :lol: Robbie made a brilliant statement saying that "if iwobi improved his end product he could be one of the best attackers in the league", and I said to myself "if DB10's aunt had balls she would be his uncle" - what a ridiculous statement for robbie to make :roll: Iwobi is an attacker that cant do the thing that is fundamental for the position he plays in, and instead of saying that he isn't good enough to play at this level cos he cant do it, he chooses to say how could he would be if he could do it :roll:
The guy is dogshit and tears literally run down my face every time I see him on the pitch :cry: :cry: :censored: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:23 pm
Out of boredom earlier I watched a bit of aftv on youtube, and comical isn't the word :lol: Robbie made a brilliant statement saying that "if iwobi improved his end product he could be one of the best attackers in the league", and I said to myself "if DB10's aunt had balls she would be his uncle" - what a ridiculous statement for robbie to make :roll: Iwobi is an attacker that cant do the thing that is fundamental for the position he plays in, and instead of saying that he isn't good enough to play at this level cos he cant do it, he chooses to say how could he would be if he could do it :roll:
The guy is dogshit and tears literally run down my face every time I see him on the pitch :cry: :cry: :censored: :censored:
Ah I see you’ve met my dodgy Uncle Barbara. :D

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm
Rian1 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

If Iwobi ever becomes even half as good as any of the players you mentioned, he can fire a handgun into the air every time he scores as far as I'm concerned.

Right.. until then whenever he scores what’s he supposed to do? Celebrations don’t have to relate to how good a player is.

Why can we celebrate our balls off when Arsenal scores but he can’t?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm
Rian1 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Right.. until then whenever he scores what’s he supposed to do? Celebrations don’t have to relate to how good a player is.

Why can we celebrate our balls off when Arsenal scores but he can’t?
I think you are slightly missing the point mate. Certainly I'm not saying players can't or shouldn't celebrate scoring goals. Scoring a goal at any level is an amazing feeling. What irks me is the over elaborate rehearsed "fake" celebrations. There is nothing genuine about them. A goal celebration should be a spur of the moment thing, it should just be a display of genuine delight and adrenaline.

Posing like a gangsta rapper is not a genuine celebration of the moment - it's a pathetic attempt by a spoiled footballer to say "ooh look at me I'm a bit dodgy really, I'm a bit dangerous because I listen to hip hop". :roll:

Remember that cringey over elaborate handshake thing Deli ^^ Stupid Eyebrows was doing last season? It had about 15 moves in it ffs. That took rehearsing. That is not genuine. It's contrived horseshit. :oops:

Maybe it's a generational thing. I find so much about the modern game is just hyped up fake shit driven by personality and social media bollocks. I love the traditional English game of football - and hip hop gangsta rapper posing is not a traditional English thing! :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

xisstential wrote:
there is such a thing as moaning for moanings sake - wrighty and kevin campbell used to do this all the time in the 90s - was it an issue then? :?: :|

as for iwobi's goal going wide before the deflection- no way! it looked a pretty good (if powerless effort) and was probably heading towards the bottom left corner, keeper may have saved it, but an ok effort. no way will the dubious goals panel take it off him.