BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by SteveO 35 »

The main criticism I have of Dick is that for some reason he can't find fault in Iwobi or Xhaka. I actually admire what he's done with Ozil, he didn't pander to Ramsey either and other little snowflakes like Bellerin who were assured of their place under Wenger have had to step up

However, he definitely has a blind spot with those two and they are both utter shit and have been in virtually every game I've ever seen them play. Iwobi looked like he had sorted himself out a bit in the first half a dozen games but has gone back to being every bit as shit as he was under Wenger

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 pm
The main criticism I have of Dick is that for some reason he can't find fault in Iwobi or Xhaka. I actually admire what he's done with Ozil, he didn't pander to Ramsey either and other little snowflakes like Bellerin who were assured of their place under Wenger have had to step up

However, he definitely has a blind spot with those two and they are both utter shit and have been in virtually every game I've ever seen them play. Iwobi looked like he had sorted himself out a bit in the first half a dozen games but has gone back to being every bit as shit as he was under Wenger
Bang on about those 2 pieces of shite mate 8) This cup goalie thing is getting on my pinks aswell,his inclusion of the chav fartpipe contributed to manure turdholing us in the cup.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

So we have been done by the 'Huddersfield' of eastern Europe 1-0. Rubbish performance & I don't expect us to reverse the result next week, so it looks like we can now concentrate on aiming to finish 6th again and re-qualify for this fantastic 'Fursday Cup' next year. Nice to see Helb still alive. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 am
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am
my opinion Emerys lost the dressing room.his treatment of Ozil is causing unrest amongst the squad,in general when a manager excludes a player but doesn't get results it ends badly for the manager,i wouldn't be surprised if this time next year Emerys gone and ozil is back to his best under our next manager,its happened so many times in the past and more recently with the mourinho/pogba saga
When was Ozil last at his best?
when was the last time ozil was given a decent run?? pogba was dog shit the whole time under mourinho but look at him now
What I meant by that was has Ozil ever looked like the player who played for Madrid? For a year, 18 months perhaps (taking into account drop in standard of teammates).

I don’t doubt that Ozil could in some circumstances do a lot better than he has, but back to the player he showed before for Madrid and Germany? Not for me.

Don’t think you can compare with Pogba too much. Ozil is (or certainly was) a fantastically talented technical player with vision who depends on quality teammates and is a complete and utter luxury. Pogba is a very good player and phenomenally athletic - the only reason he wasn’t doing the business was that his attitude absolutely stank under Mourinho. I’m as unimpressed by Ozil’s shrugging demeanour as anybody else, but his declining performances and failure to hit the phenomenal heights he did with Madrid and Germany are a lot more complex than just effort.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 pm
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 am
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am
my opinion Emerys lost the dressing room.his treatment of Ozil is causing unrest amongst the squad,in general when a manager excludes a player but doesn't get results it ends badly for the manager,i wouldn't be surprised if this time next year Emerys gone and ozil is back to his best under our next manager,its happened so many times in the past and more recently with the mourinho/pogba saga
When was Ozil last at his best?
when was the last time ozil was given a decent run?? pogba was dog shit the whole time under mourinho but look at him now
What I meant by that was has Ozil ever looked like the player who played for Madrid? For a year, 18 months perhaps (taking into account drop in standard of teammates).

I don’t doubt that Ozil could in some circumstances do a lot better than he has, but back to the player he showed before for Madrid and Germany? Not for me.

Don’t think you can compare with Pogba too much. Ozil is (or certainly was) a fantastically talented technical player with vision who depends on quality teammates and is a complete and utter luxury. Pogba is a very good player and phenomenally athletic - the only reason he wasn’t doing the business was that his attitude absolutely stank under Mourinho. I’m as unimpressed by Ozil’s shrugging demeanour as anybody else, but his declining performances and failure to hit the phenomenal heights he did with Madrid and Germany are a lot more complex than just effort.
Ozil hands up was absolutely delighted when we signed him world class player and also at not even what should of been his peak he was 25 when we signed him,especially as a technical player not reliant on pace.

He is and will always be a 'luxury player' you have to have solid midfield players around him,give him the ball final third of the pitch and most games he will create chances can only play one position no 10 behind the striker/s.

Under Wenger played on the wing at times baffling,under Emery been picked and dropped made captain and then left out sends out wrong signals.

Ozil if you want to play him and especially in home games I would do as we have nothing for PEA and Lacca to feed on.Lets not forget his link up play with Sanchez not so long ago was a joy to see.

The Leicester at home he looked and ran the show second half.....then at the following weekend he was anonymous against Palace hauled off may of been captain that day IIRC not sure.

We have Jwobi now as our creative force or Kolasinac on the overlap obviously he and Emery have fallen out either way the big picture is our club is suffering.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Likewise mate - I distinctly remember when we signed him.

Don’t think in my lifetime I’ve been anywhere near as disbelieving about a signing that we’ve made. Top 10 player in the world and we fucking nabbed him. Couldn’t wait to see him play.

An absolutely crying shame how it’s panned out. Wherever you lay the blame.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone see where the BATE boys ended up for their post game celebration Thursday night?

Burger King for a bacon double whopper meal. That’s fucking elite level trolling right there.

There’s Hleb munching down his onion rings, peak banter getting beat by that lot.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Pre season innit? :wink:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Will probably have to score at least 3 to get through,much chance of keeping a clean sheet in an old peoples home,little to none.

If we do go out things could go very toxic 7 defeats in the last 14 games all competitions we look woeful at present.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Anyone see where the BATE boys ended up for their post game celebration Thursday night?

Burger King for a bacon double whopper meal. That’s fucking elite level trolling right there.

There’s Hleb munching down his onion rings, peak banter getting beat by that lot.
That was Friday morning at Minsk Airport. They were flying to London on economy