BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by northbank123 »

That was as bad as anything I have seen under any manager for us. After Kolasinac and Mkhitaryan butchered that easy chance between them after 90 seconds, it was persistently downhill without any redeeming features.

Difficult to put into words how dreadful BATE are. Really had to go some way to concede against that lot.

We could have played until next Thursday and we still wouldn’t have scored. Their CBs were unbelievably comfortable and their keeper could have taken his gloves off after 90 seconds.

There was no fight, no sense of urgency and the subs were made (unusually) too late and without any change to the shape or tempo.

Lacazette’s red card summed it up.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What a fucking load of shit.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Its not an excuse but i wonder if the Ozil situation is causing problems behind the scenes in the dressing room, i know from a friend who is a massive PSG fan that there were problems in the dressing room there whilst UE was manager :rubchin:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:41 pm
begeegs wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Over the last few weeks we’ve been outplayed by Cardiff, Huddersfield and now this shower of shit.

Starting to have serious reservations about the manager. I cannot for the life of me see what the fuck he is trying to do. We are shambolic.
I am slowly moving in this direction as well. It has been so so poor over the past month or so and he doesn't seem to have many answers.
starting to feel that way myself too
Completely understandable now tbh. Absolutely turgid shit from Emery the last month or so.

I'd still wait till the end of next season before making a decision on his future.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm
Its not an excuse but i wonder if the Ozil situation is causing problems behind the scenes in the dressing room, i know from a friend who is a massive PSG fan that there were problems in the dressing room there whilst UE was manager :rubchin:
Possibly, although that said I don’t think Ozil has many allies in the dressing room. Hardly like taking on Neymar.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Seriously? Are you trying to blame that on a player that wasn't even on the bench? ! :shock:

Only fucking with ya. :lol: :wink: I read that Ozil is very popular with the other players so who knows maybe there is a problem. But I think our main problem is too many shit players. :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Possibly, although that said I don’t think Ozil has many allies in the dressing room. Hardly like taking on Neymar.
Very true but earlier in the season there were hints with Laca's reaction to being subbed regularly it might not just be Ozil, its a strange one because any time you see things from training it all looks ok and everyone seems smiling and happy. Maybe its cumulative, Ozil, Ramsey situation, results injuries etc all adding to tension :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
By all accounts he's Mr popular. One of the reporters on Sunday Supplement a few weeks ago commented that he heard the players weren't happy with the way Ozil was being dropped.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Btw how many games will Lacazette miss for the straight red card? Just the next match or both legs in the next round as well?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Well that was utter shite... yet again. It's worrying how poor we are but we'll surely still get through easily enough at the Emirates.

Oh well, only positive news it there's still time this evening to watch a movie before bed :barscarf:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

northbank123 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
The difference was that Neymar was actually playing amazing and Ozil.....well too bad we couldn't play Leicester every week.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fuck og FUCKK! Just got in from work turned on the radio and heard the Final Score.. I Mean W.T.F'ing FUCKKK!???

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From twatter -

Arsenal have won just two of their last nine away games in all competitions - against League One Blackpool and virtually relegated Huddersfield who hadn't scored for nearly 10 hours before netting against us - Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 5

:roll:

Unai Emery....we’ve got our Wenger back.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Definetely this. UE is lowkey pissimg me off because him being stubborn is costing us results we should win comfortably. Whatever beef you have sort it out but don’t hurt the team ffs.

Bate are shite and we still couldn’t get any threat going on for us. It’s ‘only’ 1-0 but we should’ve won 2-0 or 3-0 (not on balance of play but by the fact that it’s fucking Arsenal vs Bate).

Now we are having to go back to London potentially with 9 players from Bate behind the ball for 90 minutes at the Emirates. Dreadful shit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Btw how many games will Lacazette miss for the straight red card? Just the next match or both legs in the next round as well?

Why did he get sent off?