BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by begeegs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Btw how many games will Lacazette miss for the straight red card? Just the next match or both legs in the next round as well?

Why did he get sent off?
He was trying to fondle the guy who had ahold of him from behind...
Last edited by begeegs on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

g88ner wrote:
Well that was utter shite... yet again. It's worrying how poor we are but we'll surely still get through easily enough at the Emirates.

Oh well, only positive news it there's still time this evening to watch a movie before bed :barscarf:
Yes and no, we should beat them easily but one thing we've struggled with recently is teams who seriously shut up shop then hit us on the break, if i were their manager i'd pick 4CBs, LB, RB, 2 CDMs, a CM and a striker and sit back and let us try to tippy tappy through them, it could be a long night..... think Russia in the WC, it worked for them lol :shock:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Lol fucking embarassing!!

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm
g88ner wrote:
Well that was utter shite... yet again. It's worrying how poor we are but we'll surely still get through easily enough at the Emirates.

Oh well, only positive news it there's still time this evening to watch a movie before bed :barscarf:
Yes and no, we should beat them easily but one thing we've struggled with recently is teams who seriously shut up shop then hit us on the break, if i were their manager i'd pick 4CBs, LB, RB, 2 CDMs, a CM and a striker and sit back and let us try to tippy tappy through them, it could be a long night..... think Russia in the WC, it worked for them lol :shock:
We'll still play five at the back. :lol:

Could easily see it being a carbon copy of the Sporting Lisbon game at the Emirates earlier in the season where Welbeck did his ankle. :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Alarm bells began to ding for me when I heard that useless chav pick was in goals..Why pick a past it arsepiece who is away in may(back to his shower of wankers ex club)who will benefit from our demise in this competition :rubchin: mind boggling in the extreme.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well that was shit

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The first time since he joined that I am going to call Dick out - I've defended him to the hilt but to my mind this is the first defeat where I put the blame squarely on his shoulders, and here's why....

Cech, Mustafi, Xhaka, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are absolute excuses of footballers. Not good enough, never have been, never will be. Played dozens of games, in some cases hundreds and it is perfectly apparent that they are consistently shit

I know......lets play all of them when we haven't got a game this weekend! What a jolly fucking fabulous idea that was

He had alternatives in every position representing a better option

He now has a half fit Aubameyang and One Game Eddie as his only striking options and a midfield of carthorses. Meanwhile Nelson is out on loan, Mavropanos is getting splinters in his arse, Leno quite clearly can only play league games (what the fucking fuck :banghead: ) and Torreira is only worthy of a subs apperance

If we fail to get through this tie the blame rests solely with the manager for this shambles tonight. If he learns from it and never plays those 5 together fine......all can be forgiven. If he does a Wenger and treads on the same rake multiple times, then I will be moving rapidly towards Sid's views

Lets see......a terrible and shameful night

HARLOW GOONER

GRe: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Utter dog shite.

Rioch in

GoonerMuzz

Re: GRe: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by GoonerMuzz »

HARLOW GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 pm
Utter dog shite.

Rioch in
Now even i'd say that's a tad harsh :shock: :)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Alarm bells began to ding for me when I heard that useless chav pick was in goals..Why pick a past it arsepiece who is away in may(back to his shower of wankers ex club)who will benefit from our demise in this competition :rubchin: mind boggling in the extreme.
Cech had one save to make in the second half, it was a hurried shot from long range but rather than deal with it comfortably like a goalkeeper would he pushed it back into a danger area if any Bate striker had bothered his bollix following up.
Obviously the Bate coach hadn't watched our Cup tie with Manure and their third goal in particular..Having said that I'm not sure anyone at Arsenal learned from it either. What the fuck do we need a "cup keeper" for.?
No positives from tonight. Absolute garbage.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Like most others, i want Dick to have a chance but fuck me, he’s making it very difficult to justify. The worst thing for me is that he does not learn from his mistakes. Wenger had the same issue and it doesn’t matter if you’re 20 years in the job or 6 months, if you make the same mistakes over and over, then the job is too much for you. Every game seems to be different, shit but different, is it a 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-1-3-1?? No-one knows, even it would appear, the manager! :banghead: What is he doing in training, why not play a formation and stick to it so the players get familiar with it, why keep playing unpolished turds like Xhaka, Mustafi, Iwobi and Mikhi? We HAVE alternatives!!! What are the tactics? Are we playing a high press, high line or just hoping for the best? What is our best starting 11? Emery can’t fucking answer any of that, after more than half a season.
Not fucking impressed, that’s me. I am seriously doubting the mans ability to manage a ‘big’ club. If he played a bit of long ball I’d swear we had the Spanish Sam ‘Boss Nass’ Allardyce in charge.
What a fucking mess! :roll:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:29 pm
Like most others, i want Dick to have a chance but fuck me, he’s making it very difficult to justify. The worst thing for me is that he does not learn from his mistakes. Wenger had the same issue and it doesn’t matter if you’re 20 years in the job or 6 months, if you make the same mistakes over and over, then the job is too much for you. Every game seems to be different, shit but different, is it a 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-1-3-1?? No-one knows, even it would appear, the manager! :banghead: What is he doing in training, why not play a formation and stick to it so the players get familiar with it, why keep playing unpolished turds like Xhaka, Mustafi, Iwobi and Mikhi? We HAVE alternatives!!! What are the tactics? Are we playing a high press, high line or just hoping for the best? What is our best starting 11? Emery can’t fucking answer any of that, after more than half a season.
Not fucking impressed, that’s me. I am seriously doubting the mans ability to manage a ‘big’ club. If he played a bit of long ball I’d swear we had the Spanish Sam ‘Boss Nass’ Allardyce in charge.
What a fucking mess! :roll:
Not to worry, we’ll not be a “big club” for much longer so he’ll be perfect for us 👍

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I don’t get it, you have one cup left that you maybe can win...a fucking big maybe and yet you decide not to play your strongest eleven, you drag them the whole way out to the arsehole of nowhere and let them sit on a bench, fuck sake, play them from the start or leave them at home, in my mind play them from the start and get the game won, strongest 11 in every game we have left in this shit cup

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Why did he get sent off?

Frustration and a flying elbow.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

greengooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:29 pm
I don’t get it, you have one cup left that you maybe can win...a fucking big maybe and yet you decide not to play your strongest eleven, you drag them the whole way out to the arsehole of nowhere and let them sit on a bench, fuck sake, play them from the start or leave them at home, in my mind play them from the start and get the game won, strongest 11 in every game we have left in this shit cup
Don’t understand why he can’t just use the City tactics against Burton. Get your strongest fucking team, destroy them or keep the score sensible and get back home with a relaxed mind. But no, we decide to have anxiety next week.

One cup left, Unai had to fuck it up. Why the hell are you playing about like this is preseason tournament. Christ’s sake.