BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: BATE Borisov A Europa Lge Round of 32 Thu 14th ko 1755

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Don’t worry lads, the £45m war chest will solve all the problems

markyp

Post by markyp »

my opinion Emerys lost the dressing room.his treatment of Ozil is causing unrest amongst the squad,in general when a manager excludes a player but doesn't get results it ends badly for the manager,i wouldn't be surprised if this time next year Emerys gone and ozil is back to his best under our next manager,its happened so many times in the past and more recently with the mourinho/pogba saga

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I have tried giving Emery a chance - i was expecting around 2 years before i would judge him, but his decision making is becoming so Wengeresque that it's hard not to have a rant.
The Ozil situation is crazy - he isn't worth 350K a week but is clearly the most creative player we have and considering we have been shit for months, there is no justification for leaving him out. On top of that, he leaves him out of the squad completely. We have a player on 350K a week yet that player doesn't even have to leave his house on match day :banghead:
Then you have his 'tactics' which are illogical, time and again. He set up defensively last night against the dog and duck. In the last two games, we have played a side already relegated and Bate Borisov and it was two of the shittest displays i have seen in a long time. Also, it is blatantly obvious that the players aren't putting in an effort for him. He is becoming Wenger no. 2 - tactically inept, stubborn beyond belief and fighting with his own players.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Emery Out? Careful what you wish for..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am
my opinion Emerys lost the dressing room.his treatment of Ozil is causing unrest amongst the squad,in general when a manager excludes a player but doesn't get results it ends badly for the manager,i wouldn't be surprised if this time next year Emerys gone and ozil is back to his best under our next manager,its happened so many times in the past and more recently with the mourinho/pogba saga
When was Ozil last at his best?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 am
Cech commands his salary well doesn't that count ,???
I was against him from the very beginning but got slated on here for it as many were fans of his .
For me10 million plus the salary didn't make sense but very Wenger like !
However ,Bate are shit ,he will play him and it's not a bad idea to give some practice because Leno is also shit and might get injured so its good to get some match practice in .
Call me an old softie but I might take the missus out for a meal in the pub that might show the game instead of falling asleep watching it indoors !
Eating in Pubs however is now as expensive as eating in fine dining places in Islington or Hampstead where I now live ,Londons Pub prices are firkin ridiculous ,Over a fiver for a pint in most places ,Bought 3 pints of lager and Orange juice and 2 packets of crisps in a Kentish Town boozer the Grafton the other day and it cost me over 20 quid !
what cant said this ,he's clearly a fucking idiot …………...oh sjit it was me !

GTG

Post by GTG »

Someone said to me last night that they wondered if the Ozil thing is a deliberate ploy from the manager and those above to force him out in the summer. Get his wages off the bill.

I've been defending UE's stance saying it had to be down to Ozil not putting in the graft etc..... but if that was the case surely one of the players would have called him out on it or something would come up on social about his lack of professionalism but no one is saying anything....

Its hard to keep saying give him time, give him time because I came away completely deflated after Huddersfield at how easy they were carving us open and this was way worse.

We bought players into to protect the defence yet we look more open that we did under Wonga.

Herd

Post by Herd »

When he played torreira in front of the back 4 he looked good and we looked more stable but now he puts xhaka there and he doesn't do anything except pick up the odd booking . I fail to see what emery sees in xhaka for sure and our set piece defending is as bad as it ever was .On Ozil I wouldnt have him even training with the first team, he's a malignant force and needs isolating before he turns the players against Emry !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Any one else think he won't be our manager next year.Absolute turgid stuff last night,towards the end of the game I actually started laughing to myself ,we were that bad.Why last night with the pitch being so bad ,we were taking short corners.Took off Niles and then put Miki in playing right back ,Miki pure dog shite last night but obviously not the only one.

Is Emery our David Moyes

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm
Any one else think he won't be our manager next year.Absolute turgid stuff last night,towards the end of the game I actually started laughing to myself ,we were that bad.Why last night with the pitch being so bad ,we were taking short corners.Took off Niles and then put Miki in playing right back ,Miki pure dog shite last night but obviously not the only one.

Is Emery our David Moyes
Can't see us binning him at the end of this season as we'd have to pay him out a year's salary however with the contract break clause at the end of year two......

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Is Emery our David Moyes
Emery will be our manager next season and I hope he is.
Given the squad he inherited he has done fantastic this season.
What hope has he got when he was not allowed to buy ONE player in the January transfer window ??

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm
What hope has he got when he was not allowed to buy ONE player in the January transfer window ??
Granted it's early days but Suarez looks hopeless, a gale of wind would blow him over. Hats of to Raul for insisting there was no obligation to buy in that loan deal because we would be right up shit creek now. Emery also wanted Perisic and Carrasco...that fuck he wasn't allowed to spend is all I can say if that's they type of player he wanted to blow money on.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Is Emery our David Moyes
Emery will be our manager next season and I hope he is.
Given the squad he inherited he has done fantastic this season.
I think Dick has achieved roughly what we could have expected him to. I wouldn't say he has done fantastic though. We are still Arsenal, it's not like he's taken a mid level club to the top 6. I expected the status quo this season and that's more or less what we will see.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'm willing to give him a couple of transfer windows,but as someone else somewhere on here,I wasn't too impressed with some of the players we were linked with during the transfer window Banega etc.
Hard to judge Suarez till he gets some more games under his belt ,but he does look very lightweight ,we were crying out for defenders and we got a winger.

So much dross at the club,will take us few transfer windows to move them on.Not sure how xhaka managed to extend his contract,can only think there was some kind of clause in his original contract that might have been triggered e.g once he played a certain amount of games but I'm only quessing.

Expect us to beat the these guys comfortably next week and go through,if we DON'T then I think whatever goodwill Emery has will be thrown out the window.

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 am
markyp wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am
When was Ozil last at his best?
when was the last time ozil was given a decent run?? pogba was dog shit the whole time under mourinho but look at him now