30 years ago today...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

30 years ago today...

Post by Nos89 »

Arsenal beat the French national team 2-0 at Highbury.

Michel Platini was the french national manager and wanted to play a friendly with a british team before they played scotland in a World Cup qualifier. Up stepped George Graham's Arsenal team. Given we were top of the league at the time it was a bit risky. The only disappointment of the night was that Tigana dropped out due to injury just before kick off. His name was on the programme team. Other than that, Arsenal dominated the match, the French were awful. Groves and Martin Hayes with a great strike scored for The Arsenal that night. To add to the romance on the evening David O'Leary was substituted off for Steve Bould, which meant Arsenal had 11 Englishmen on the pitch, against 11 Frenchmen.
Can you imagine that happening in these times?

DB10GOONER

Re: 30 years ago today...

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:30 pm
Arsenal beat the French national team 2-0 at Highbury.

Michel Platini was the french national manager and wanted to play a friendly with a british team before they played scotland in a World Cup qualifier. Up stepped George Graham's Arsenal team. Given we were top of the league at the time it was a bit risky. The only disappointment of the night was that Tigana dropped out due to injury just before kick off. His name was on the programme team. Other than that, Arsenal dominated the match, the French were awful. Groves and Martin Hayes with a great strike scored for The Arsenal that night. To add to the romance on the evening David O'Leary was substituted off for Steve Bould, which meant Arsenal had 11 Englishmen on the pitch, against 11 Frenchmen.
Can you imagine that happening in these times?
That's racist. I'm triggered. :x

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

That makes me feel old. Anyone remember the Aussie national team visit a few years earlier which we also won....just. As I recall there was a crowd of about 5,000 inside Highbury that night, the place was empty......mind you it was the only time I ever got to set foot on the magical Highbury turf.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:48 pm
That makes me feel old. Anyone remember the Aussie national team visit a few years earlier which we also won....just. As I recall there was a crowd of about 5,000 inside Highbury that night, the place was empty......mind you it was the only time I ever got to set foot on the magical Highbury turf.
That's racist. I'm triggered.

:banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

I think it might be easier if we assume you're triggered unless you advise otherwise. Might save you a bit of time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I think it might be easier if we assume you're triggered unless you advise otherwise. Might save you a bit of time.
That's stereotyping. I'm triggered. :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Ah bless poor thing (patronising......yes, I know). For somebody so easily triggered how the fuck do you manage to watch the Arsenal :lol: So many potential triggers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Ah bless poor thing (patronising......yes, I know). For somebody so easily triggered how the fuck do you manage to watch the Arsenal :lol: So many potential triggers.
:lol:

With insensitive non-pc predators like you on here we need a safe area.

:wink:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

microaggressions popping off everywhere :shock:

neanderthals

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

You're not getting safe area and safe word confused are you :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Oh right. Oops. :lol:

*It's "Borisjohnson". In case we ever need it. :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Oh right. Oops. :lol:

*It's "Borisjohnson". In case we ever need it. :shock:
:lol: :lol: