Bournemouth (H) 27/2 @ 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Bournemouth (H) 27/2 @ 19:45

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 am
A superb goal but if Ozil doesn't deliver against the scum on the weekend then it counts for not much really. :|
Have a sneaking suspicion Rambo starts that one ahead of Ozil......
Probably. Or God forbid the gashmonkey Comedy Fucking Iwobi. :roll:

Good to see Herd is back snorting Yeyo off his "close personal friend" John Lydon's penis. :lol:

Because he must be snorting something to think Comedy has improved this season. He hasn't. He is still a total brainless lazy shit 90% of the time with no end product 99% of the time. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm
Thing is he "rested" Iwobi n Xhaka n Mustafi so they can be fit against the God forbids . Whilst I'm not Iwobi's biggest fan he has improved this season and I do think there is hope for him , unlike Mustafi and Xhaka no matter what our resident Yoda says.
PS I was told that no one's seen a person in a ******* for some time.
Iwobi is also Arsenal born and bred. like Jenko - who will only be on the bench, he knows what this means to us.

interesting piece on the Indie today - saying that Dick has Iwobi working very closely with the stats and video analysts to improve his decision making around the box :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 98396.html
Finishing has long been a weakness for Iwobi but he is certainly making progress. For the first time in his career Iwobi has worked closely with a data analyst this season, in order to improve his decision-making when in dangerous positions in the final third. And while he can remain wasteful in front of goal, he has already equalled his highest goal tally in a season, while recording six assists. In fact, only one other Arsenal midfielder — the much-maligned Henrikh Mkhitaryan — has scored more goals than him this season.
i like him, as despite the many mistakes he still puts a shift in. i'll give him another 18 months under a now decent manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'll never rate a player just because "they put a shift in" tbh. We may as well have Robbie Savage out there because he put a shift in. In the modern game putting a shift in is worth very little if you continuously make the wrong decisions with the ball at your feet and lose posession through stupidity and indecision.

Also it is a myth that Comedy Iwobi puts a shift in. He's a bluffer and a spoofer. 90% of the time he tracks back 10 to 20 yards behind the oppo attacks. His runs up the wing are similar bullshit. A couple of painfully slow innefective step overs and a little sprint usually into a blind alley or stupidly across another player's path... and then he either passes it backwards or pisses it away 90% of the time.

Im not for a second saying we don't need workers. In the past we had players that "put a shift in" and were mostly known for that. Players like Romford who were the workhorse for better technical players but the likes of Romford were done a serious disservice by the one-dimensional-thinking media because Romford was also a very good footballer in his own right as well as a workhorse.

Working with video and STATS analysts? Fuck me when we had a shit player doing that during the Wenger reign there would be turmoil on here! :lol:

Tbh it truly worries me if Dick thinks analysing stats can help improve a shit player. That's Wengerthink and has been proven to be total bollocks over a period of a decade no less. How many clowns did Wenger try and improve with these bullshit techniques? JET, Bartley, Cruise, Stokes, Rankin, Aneke, Bennacer, Papadopulos, Simek, Eisfeld, Sanogoals, Owusu-Adeyie, Randall, Merida, Lansbury..... the list is almost endless.... even the likes of Walcott and the Ox did not improve one iota under Wenger's stat analysis shit - if anything they both got worse over the years.

You can only coach so much improvement into a young player. Ultimately they either have the ability and the football brain to play at the top level or they don't. Comedy Iwobi doesn't have it. Never will.

Comedy offers nothing but taking up a place a better player should fill. We can never be considered true contenders for anything while we still have utter shit like this fat arsed lazy gobshite in the starting XI.

2 years from now this waster will be stealing a living at Palace and good riddance.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well it's nice to see you haven't lost the flair for the ridiculous and I'm not climbing on to a cross for him but he has improved this season and he has more in him . In my opinion. PS. I would beat the stepovers out of him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 am
Well it's nice to see you haven't lost the flair for the ridiculous and I'm not climbing on to a cross for him but he has improved this season and he has more in him . In my opinion. PS. I would beat the stepovers out of him.
The problem is that in real terms he has "improved" from complete and utter gash to utter gash. Is that enough? Not for me.

Ask yourself this mate. Is there one team in the top 10 apart from us that he would be starting for every game? Name the team. And name the player he'd replace. Your answer might just show who has the flair for the ridiculous..... :lol: :wink:

I too would throat punch the stepovers out of him. Repeatedly. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Palace. 2 years. 8)

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

How did he go so far backwards, he looked good in his first few games / season it sparked red nose *word censored* to proclaim him the best young prospect in England, then he went to shit.