The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

Post by augie »

Bt studio pundits (c.unts one and all) discussed the torreira red card, and every single one of them disagreed with the decision - they then discuss it with some no mark ex ref crunt (Walton), and he spits some b.ullshit about safety of players and says it was the correct decision :shock: :shock: Torreira clearly won the ball. That isnt even debatable ffs. How the fcuk was it a red card ?? IF walton thinks that torreira's challenge was a red card, then surely he thinks that rose's studs up challenge on leno was a red card ??

If all things were right torreira's red card would be overturned - I think we all know that aint happening :roll: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:27 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:20 pm
He bottled it - Laca would have buried it. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Agreed :banghead:
The same lacca that missed two sitters and an open goal last season, don't make me laugh :lol:
When is the last time Laca missed a pen? He's only ever missed 5 and scored 26 in his career :roll:
He would have bottled it like he did with a sitter last season and his two chances today, auba had scored 4 out of 5 before this one, it's all well and good scoring penalties against shite teams or nothing games but it takes real bottle to score in injury time in a game like today.

:roll: rolling eyes :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

We were definitely robbed. They didnt look like scoring in the 2nd half without a helping hand so it feels like a defeat at the moment ... but we played fucking well today and Emery got it right - which I didnt think was gonna be the case when I saw the line up at the start.

Sokratis again had Kane in his pocket again and needed another dodgy pen to score against us. Fantastic doubek save from Leno who I like and Mkhitaryan was excellent today - best I have seen him play in England. Our strikers, although decent, remain too wasteful. Not just the penalty miss but Lacazette missed a great chance to make it 2-0.

That ref is out of his depth. If Torreira's is a red card on Rose for putting his studs into Rose's leg in a follow through after winning the ball, why was Rose still on the fuckign pitch after putting his studs into Leno's chest when he didnt win the ball?

Missed opportunity to make up 9 points on the scum within a week. Probably wont finish above them now. But I would have settled for the results in the last 7 days this time last week.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 pm
Ozil and Aubameyang being left out is no bad thing in my opinion - in big away games both have been proven to be completely ineffective time and time again

As for Torreira being left out instead of that big Swiss dollop - words fail me. Bound to concede at least one gormless free kick on the edge of our own area, pick up a needless yellow and generally be outpaced to everything by a quick moving Spurs team
Yes spot on - Ozil and Aubamayang being left out are getting the headlines but it’s Torreira absent that concerns me most.

I still expect a 2-1 win :barscarf:
We weren't wrong were we? The pair of them were utterly fucking hopeless when they came on - off the pace, disinterested and helped turn the whole dimension of the game.....the wrong way

MhkItaryan was fantastic today and has been our best player for the past 3 games

I hope those slating the manager for leaving those two snowflakes out before the game are eating humble fucking pie right now because the players replacing them did brilliantly well and when they had their chances they fluffed them again. Aubameyang is a great goalscorer but has been consistently anonymous, bordering on pathetic, in the big away games. Ozil.....well....how many hundreds of times does the same thing need to be proven in games like these.

Emery was 100% spot on today, apart from Torreira/Xhaka

Leno, Sokratis outstanding too - #merciarsenemyarse

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:13 pm
We were definitely robbed. They didnt look like scoring in the 2nd half without a helping hand so it feels like a defeat at the moment ... but we played fucking well today and Emery got it right - which I didnt think was gonna be the case when I saw the line up at the start.

Sokratis again had Kane in his pocket again and needed another dodgy pen to score against us. Fantastic doubek save from Leno who I like and Mkhitaryan was excellent today - best I have seen him play in England. Our strikers, although decent, remain too wasteful. Not just the penalty miss but Lacazette missed a great chance to make it 2-0.

That ref is out of his depth. If Torreira's is a red card on Rose for putting his studs into Rose's leg in a follow through after winning the ball, why was Rose still on the fuckign pitch after putting his studs into Leno's chest when he didnt win the ball?

Missed opportunity to make up 9 points on the scum within a week. Probably wont finish above them now. But I would have settled for the results in the last 7 days this time last week.
They will drop 6 points away to mousers and citeh. I think they’ll blow top 4 finish

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:05 pm
Bt studio pundits (c.unts one and all) discussed the torreira red card, and every single one of them disagreed with the decision - they then discuss it with some no mark ex ref crunt (Walton), and he spits some b.ullshit about safety of players and says it was the correct decision :shock: :shock: Torreira clearly won the ball. That isnt even debatable ffs. How the fcuk was it a red card ?? IF walton thinks that torreira's challenge was a red card, then surely he thinks that rose's studs up challenge on leno was a red card ??

If all things were right torreira's red card would be overturned - I think we all know that aint happening :roll: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:
Yeah that safety of the players things is bollocks. Rose shouldnt have been on the pitch himself if that's the standard.

And now Torreira misses the Man United game.

Clash

Post by Clash »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:16 pm
Clash wrote:

They will drop 6 points away to mousers and citeh. I think they’ll blow top 4 finish
Really hope so. They really aint anything special. A 5-1 thrashing in Dortmund in the week would also be welcome.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Clash wrote:
.. but we played fucking well today and Emery got it right .
He did get it right.

And that was our best defensive performance of the season - away from home against a top five club (spit).

Its a big result.

Many on here were afraid we'd get tonked. It never happened and we were robbed of three points.

And all the pundits praised our steel today.

Dick knows. :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Fkin hell ,we should have won it and I am gutted that we didnt but still proud of the team and manager for giving it a good go

wibble

Post by wibble »

That was tense!
Ref was shit, shouldn’t been any pens or a red card
What a double save from Leno!
As for Ramsey, he may have his frustrating moments (or seasons!) but he’s scored some important goals for us over the years!

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Sokratis was my motm,brilliant gets what it means to us all and every other game,old school defender.

Miki a close second was excellent,they had more of the ball we had the best chances.

Very frustrating especially with the pen miss he never looked like he would score.Theirs was offside Mustafi being Mustafi they were getting desperate at that point.

Think we are all deflated because we should of won that game on chances.

Aaron Ramsey a shout also a player that injury without a doubt took a lot out of what he could of been,to me always understands what this game means to us and signs off with yet another goal in the NLD.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Danny Rose goes stud up into the chest of Leno and gets yellow :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Torreira’s red gets recinded on appeal surely? Even by the shitty FA can’t stand over that.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Clash wrote:
He did get it right.

And that was our best defensive performance of the season - away from home against a top five club (spit).

Its a big result.

Many on here were afraid we'd get tonked. It never happened and we were robbed of three points.

Not disagreeing with that BUT, my focus is more on our penalty miss than the offside decision for their penno - no doubt fat tongue was offside, but if bangbang scores the offside decision is irrelevent

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:35 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Clash wrote:
He did get it right.

Its a big result.

Not disagreeing with that BUT, my focus is more on our penalty miss than the offside decision for their penno - no doubt fat tongue was offside, but if bangbang scores the offside decision is irrelevent
Vertonghen was encroaching Augs, he never would have blocked Aubas tap in if he hadnt of been - he was almost level with Auba when Auba struck the ball.

In that sense we wuz robbed mate.