The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

Post by Rian1 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:08 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:03 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm
If you are playing Mustafi you aren't "getting it right", not all of it anyway. He's a fucking disaster, EVERY game....he always fucks up, then does something insanely reckless in a vain attempt to recover. And then of course he adopts the "who me" position as he brings his hands up to his chest and approaches the ref with an incredulous look. He learned that aggrieved, not my fault attitude from Wenger. I loathe the guy. Him & Xhaka :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As a loooong time critic of mustafi I have to agree with most of that but I also wonder about your criticism of dick though - who should he be putting in at right full ? Lichsteiner everyone has written off as too old and too slow. Jenks everyone says is not premier league level. Maitland-Niles everyone says is not a good enough defender. What exactly is dick meant to do in bellend's absence ? Personally I'm not sure what the right answer to that question is - mustafi would certainly be at the bottom of that list, but honestly I'm not sure there is a big difference between any of them.
There is nothing he can do. Mustafi did a well enough job for playing out of his normal postition which he doesn’t excel in either. Better than putting Xhaka there because he is awful, even more so than Mustafi who did alright the games he played there.
Fuck that.....he's dreadful, I don't care where he plays....spurs were stupid, if they played smart they could have run him off the park. He's always diving in...going to ground unnecessarily. And he gave away a penalty that cost us the game. He's like Cech & Xhaka, you just know they will inflict some sort of damage on the team if they play. Fuck him.
Dont get me wrong, he is still shite but it was a decent performance. I’m more surprised he’s keeping up with RB duties since he can’t keep up with CB duties. Quite a lot of the time he put us into dangerous situations because he’s clumsy af. We are on RB crisis and he’s sensible for now. Just hope Manure doesn’t exploit this next weekend.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mustafi wasn’t dreadful until that, although like Xhaka should undoubtedly have been booked early on. To be fair to Mkhitaryan I thought he did an excellent job protecting Mustafi.

Absolutely don’t want to see him playing, although looking at our other options there I’m not sure who i would pick instead. Lichtsteiner is the one signing who has really flipped.

Why the fuck Xhaka is still playing I don’t know. Torreira was all over the park in the second half, just didn’t see Xhaka at all. Like any game against decent opposition, it just passed him by. His only positive is that he is too fucking lazy and slow to bother getting forward so he is at least always in broadly the right position when we’re out of possession. He was lucky to stay on today - that was a dreadful early tackle on Kane, could have seen yellow for pulling back eriksen and then should have been a second yellow for just bodychecking Rose to stop him going past him.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

In Emery I trust. Really been pissed off with the flack the bosss has taken over the last few months. This was the first time in years we bossed an away game vs the spuds. If Emery didnt have to work with turds like Mustafi, who in fairness didnt have a bad game apart from the obligatory penalty give away I am sure we would have comfortably come away with the three points. Sokratis is a rock, at last we have a proper defender. He’s like a Greek Tony Adams and gave Kane a torrid time.

Emery is not tactically inept as some would suggest.

Next week is massive against manure, they nearly fucked up against a team we beat comfortably midweek. Their luck has to run out sooner or later.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:
If you are playing Mustafi you aren't "getting it right", not all of it anyway. He's a fucking disaster, EVERY game....he always fucks up, then does something insanely reckless in a vain attempt to recover. And then of course he adopts the "who me" position as he brings his hands up to his chest and approaches the ref with an incredulous look. He learned that aggrieved, not my fault attitude from Wenger. I loathe the guy. Him & Xhaka :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As a loooong time critic of mustafi I have to agree with most of that but I also wonder about your criticism of dick though - who should he be putting in at right full ? Lichsteiner everyone has written off as too old and too slow. Jenks everyone says is not premier league level. Maitland-Niles everyone says is not a good enough defender. What exactly is dick meant to do in bellend's absence ? Personally I'm not sure what the right answer to that question is - mustafi would certainly be at the bottom of that list, but honestly I'm not sure there is a big difference between any of them.
There is nothing he can do. Mustafi did a well enough job for playing out of his normal postition which he doesn’t excel in either. Better than putting Xhaka there because he is awful, even more so than Mustafi who did alright the games he played there.
Fuck that.....he's dreadful, I don't care where he plays....spurs were stupid, if they played smart they could have run him off the park. He's always diving in...going to ground unnecessarily. And he gave away a penalty that cost us the game. He's like Cech & Xhaka, you just know they will inflict some sort of damage on the team if they play. Fuck him.

Bt throughout the first half kept making a big deal of the fact that the scum kept attacking down our left instead of going at our right wing, but for me the answer why was obvious …….. iwobi was making fcuk all effort at getting back, and monreal was frequently isolated against 2 scum players :roll: I think I would rather lard arse stay up the pitch and make no effort to track back, than to do that pathetic fake chase back - the c.unt waddles his fat arse but his head and arms are actually moving more than his legs, and if kyle wa.nker was still right full for them instead of trippier, he would have torn us apart down that wing. That lard arse iwobi on 2 or 3 occasions caused trippier trouble defensively, is a shocking, shocking indictment of englands first choice right wing back :oops: :oops: :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Keep seeing that video of Rose lunging in with his studs going six inches over the ball straight into Leno’s chest.

Nobody is saying he doesn’t have a right to go for the ball. Doesn’t mean that it isn’t a red if you nearly crack somebody’s ribcage.

Still, Torreira will miss three games because those dying old fucks at the FA don’t understand football and/or aren’t interested whilst Rose gets away with it as does Sanchez for his blatant kick out.

As for VAR - fuck it. Would have got the offside right but not any of the other awful decisions the referee made from the first minute to the last.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pick a side, back yourself and strike it powerfully in that direction. If it goes wide or hits the post so be it but the keeper ain’t getting anywhere near it by doing that.

But don’t fucking roll it limp dicked a few yards either side of the keeper making it 50-50 he saves it just by guessing left or right.

So fucking pissed off.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Like everyone else I was gutted after that result. Deserved so much beter than that. It didn't need VAR to see that there were five Spuds players in a line all on offside positions. All it needed was a competent linesman doing his job properly.
Rose should have been on a yellow card for a blatant dive early on, a second yellow for his studs up kick on Leno( a straight red would have beeen more appropriate) would have seen that toe-rag gone.
Sanchez, I think, kicked out at Leno while he was on the ground , another definate red card. Verthongen was three yards from Aubamayang when he was taking the penalty, otherwise he surely wouldn't have made up the ground.
Aubamayang was awful from the moment he came on I thought. I was delighted to see him come on as I thought he would stretch their defence. Lacazette was ok but was competing in the air too much to no avail and had his back to goal a lot of the time. His two missed chances were vital in the end.
Aubamayang's penalty summed him up on the day. Some say he lacked confidence because he didn't start, to be honest I thought he was arrogant about it. Even on the rebound I felt he was causal. After that he had a simple chance to put Ozil in but played it carelessly behind him.
Mythakarian had his best game in an Arsenal shirt, better than I thought he had in him. Leno done well , especially on the double save. Sokratis is a beast, waited a long time for him. Thought Kos was good too..When Iwobi goes past people you think , wow maybe he has something but generally it comes to nothing. Thought he was ok for a lot of the game yesterday.
Torriera did make a difference, unlucky with the red card in ways however they are given for that type of tackle and I can't see it being overturned.
Fat Tounge abd Poxychinos were both on BT afterwards saying a draw was the least the deserved..Think that is what Fat Tounge was trying to say. Wrong guys, you only got what was given to you by pure incompetence by officials.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Yeah they missed a trick there, kept using trippier down the our left side against Monreal who also had a decent game

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 pm
Pick a side, back yourself and strike it powerfully in that direction. If it goes wide or hits the post so be it but the keeper ain’t getting anywhere near it by doing that.

But don’t fucking roll it limp dicked a few yards either side of the keeper making it 50-50 he saves it just by guessing left or right.

So fucking pissed off.
exactly right....total lack of conviction in that penalty, scuffed contact fucking poor.....could see in his face the pressure got to him

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Dumb by Mustafi. It wasnt even a half chance for Harry Kane, I could begin to understand if Kane was destined to score, but he ball was flying high and hide and Koscielny was on the inside of Kane.

As for PEA, it was a shit penalty, his entire approach to penalties is casual. It looks good when they go in, bu when he misses it looks really bad.

Side note, Mkhitaryan is in great form and worthy of more math time. And Leno's double save was better than Szcensey penalty and follow up save at Anfield.

Although big picture, if we beat United at home next week, we jump them and have no more games against any of the top 6. Where as United still have to play City and Chelsea. I would place our chances of finishing 4th at 75% if we can do United this week

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Leaving for work this morning and just caught the start of The Sunday Supplement..First journalist up says the ref got the call on Spuds' penalty correct because "Kane was in an offside position but hadn't yet committed an offside offence" .
Surely the fact he moved towards the direction of the flight of the ball is enough. ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:47 am
Leaving for work this morning and just caught the start of The Sunday Supplement..First journalist up says the ref got the call on Spuds' penalty correct because "Kane was in an offside position but hadn't yet committed an offside offence" .
Surely the fact he moved towards the direction of the flight of the ball is enough. ?
Load of crap, they're trying to justify a wrong decision. The fact is if Kane hadn't gone early, he wouldn't have got ahead of Mustafi and Mustafi would not have pushed him in the back.

Of course, as AFC fans who watch every week, we know "slow as a carthorse" Kane would probably still have got ahead of "lead feet" Mustafi but that's not really the point. It's an absurd analysis from the "journalist" These guys interpretation of the rules changes week from week depending on who the team is.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
It’s funny how the rules or interpretation of them often change depending on who the beneficiaries are.

He was offside and attempting to get to the ball.

Penalty encroachment was a joke - the worst I have ever seen and not get pulled up for it.

Top 4 is on, if we want it enough :box: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Danny Rose goes stud up into the chest of Leno and gets yellow :roll:
Could have broken a few ribs. If Leno had been standing, that would have been six studs in his knee and nobody questioning it. Also should undoubtedly have been on a yellow for that obvious dive.

They won’t rescind Torreira’s red. Wrong decision I thought but the old men at the FA aren’t bothered typically unless it’s one of their favourites.
Just seen MOTD nothing said about Rose going in on Leno with studs up, nothing shown on Sanchez kicking Kos while on the ground

As for the free kick that Sokratis conceded that shit lamela played for it, kept backing into Sokratis, in my opinion no free kick

Also encroachment on penalty nothing said???? fuck me when Abu struck the ball he was nearly alongside, what the fuck is the linesman doing??

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Yeah I'm watching that. Sam Wallace is the nearest thing the mainstream media have to a modern day bearded hipster only the baby faced cu.nt can't actually grow a beard. He is desperate to appear enlightened and a thinking man when it comes to the footy. He's just a prick though. The other two journos both called it as offside with Ian Ladyman from the Mail pointing out the fucking obvious that fat tongue is active cos he's fucking running to head the fucking ball. I'm still trying to lower my blood pressure from y'day and some journo prick is trying to wind me up.

None of them really concerned about the sending off and none of them with it enough to identify the obvious double standard of what Rose did.